Page 71 of 165 FirstFirst ... 214661626364656667686970717273747576777879808196121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 3294

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.8 for DM + APE:TI + IS + vanilla standard ETW (English, German, Spanish) + optional "Graphics Pack 1.6" - updated 16.11.09

Quote Originally Posted by XImperatorRexX View Post
    Hi swis! Aum for Dm download correctly, but the donwloadable file is corrupt. Always getting this message when unpackiing.I used mediafire and filefront and the result is the same
    Quote Originally Posted by twp127 View Post
    roger swiss thank you for paying attention to it!
    Thanks for your information about the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by |Quintus Sertorius| View Post
    Thanks for the new uploads Swiss Halbedier!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Willy View Post
    Yessssss
    Absolutly a Fantastic Job Swiss
    Downloading now! + fourth rep for you!
    Thanks QS + Lord Willy, I appreciate that a lot!

AUM download sites

http://www.mediafire.com/AUM uploaded

http://www.filefront.com/user/SwissHalberdier uploaded

http://www.moddb.com/mods/aum/downloads (no language files) uploaded

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/e...downloads.html (no language files)
    uploaded

The Spanish language file has been updated to AUM 2.8. Thanks to (HG)Super!

patch_aum_sp_loc_all.7z

Cheers + enjoy AUM 2.8
    Swiss Halberdier

XImperatorRexX's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.8 for DM + APE:TI + IS + vanilla standard ETW (English, German, Spanish) + optional "Graphics Pack 1.6" - updated 16.11.09

Very Thanks Swiss, Fantastic Job!! Works fine,Great !! Thanks for (HG)Super too!

Quote Originally Posted by XImperatorRexX View Post
    Very Thanks Swiss, Fantastic Job!! Works fine,Great !! Thanks for (HG)Super too!
    Thanks XIRex!

I'm happy to announce the French language file beta version. All AUM unit names and 50% of the short descriptions have been translated by
    Aither.

Thanks a lot for the huge effort of
    Aither!

patch_aum_fr_loc_beta.7z

AUM is now available in four languages: English - German - Spanish - French

Cheers + enjoy AUM 2.8
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.8 for DM + APE:TI + IS + vanilla standard ETW (English, German, Spanish, French) + optional "Graphics Pack 1.6" - updated 17.11.09

I am an APE: TI user who needs some help getting AUM working. When I start APE. the game loads fine however my menu options are all blank.

Is this an issue with the en loc file?

Here is my setup. newest version of APE and its working fine.

Downloaded aum_mod_ape_ti.pack -now in data directory
    "" patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.pack -now in data dir
    Downloaded patch_aum_graphics_pack -now in data dir

edited .bat file as follows "Empire.exe mod apeti_customcampaign.pack; mod apeti_modcore.pack; mod apeti_skins.pack; mod apeti_graphics.pack; mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack; "

removed apeti_localisation.pack

See any mistakes?

I noticed some contradictory infor in the instructions

This - "If you use A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita be sure to download the patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.7z and load AUM at the bottom of the Mod Manager or put it at the end of the script file."

Versus

This - "The language + graphics pack files don't need to be activated with the Mod Manager or added to the user script. They're in a patch format which loads automatically. "

it seems they are not being loaeded automatically maybe

BKF's Avatar Foederatus

Grand work Swiss - this mod is AVEM for me (A Very Essential Mod). My gracious thanks for your hard yards and constant perfection. A glass of the finest red in your honour.
    BKF - To infinity and beyond...

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.8 for DM + APE:TI + IS + vanilla standard ETW (English, German, Spanish, French) + optional "Graphics Pack 1.6" - updated 17.11.09

Thank you Swiss Halberdier. Problem solved.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by godochaos View Post

This - "If you use A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita be sure to download the patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.7z and load AUM at the bottom of the Mod Manager or put it at the end of the script file."

Versus

This - "The language + graphics pack files don't need to be activated with the Mod Manager or added to the user script. They're in a patch format which loads automatically. "

it seems they are not being loaeded automatically maybe

Im sure Swiss will help much better but until he checks in look here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=259918&page=6

post 114, 115, 116.

I didn't use mod manager at all, and working fine using what's outlined there. However, I have not yet upgraded to the version just released the other day.

Great job, Swiss! Thank you! You are the best!

godochaos;
    My Dear Chap, the issue does seem a little daunting at first, but I assure you it is quite simple to unravel. First you download the newest AUM file, this is now 2.8. Then that statement you quoted above
    "If you use A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita be sure to download the patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.7z and load AUM at the bottom of the Mod Manager or put it at the end of the script file."
    wasn't the first of the instructions, it was in the middle, and was telling you "If you use A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita be sure to download the patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.7z" instead of say "patch_aum_en_loc" which is vanilla or "patch_aum_en_loc_dm.7z" which stands for Darth mod. Yes these are other versions of loc files or Localization files for other major mods, and are as you rightly pointed out language/text files. So he was making sure that you as the user downloaded the correct loc file for your major mod. Then he goes on to say
    "and load AUM at the bottom of the Mod Manager or put it at the end of the script file."
    Well this "AUM" is the main file for the mod, not a loc file, nor is it the graphics file.... the main 2.8 version of the mod. And it must be activated by the mod manager or place it in your scripts, and Swiss quite rightly suggests you place it at the bottom, of which ever way you so desire.

Now then lets carry on, your next quote
    "The language + graphics pack files don't need to be activated with the Mod Manager or added to the user script. They're in a patch format which loads automatically. "
    Well now, this looks totally different now, the language or loc file is indeed a patch type file and just needs to be placed in your data folder. And you can if you desire, plop in the graphics file "which I might add is totally optional for the user" and again is a totally separate type of file but in patch form and you place this in your data as well. So altogether you have a main file (AUM) which needs scripts or Mod Manager, the loc file (for the major mod you use) and the Optional graphics file. Myself I DO NOT use loc files, I instead use the UPC loc file so that it works with all the mods I use, and I would suggest you as well, if you can get away with it. Hope this helps

your problem sounds like more than one loc file being used and that always causes problems, that is why I use the UPC "http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gn5k04m0cdm"

Push on, brave York volunteers

AUM en, vanilla here. Mod runs smooth as always, just found that description for light merchant galleon (IIRC) is blank.
    All other descriptions are ok but still too early in the game to be sure. And yes, I installed the patch AUM en loc.
    Other than that, all is A OK.
    Cheers!

Hey thanks for the help guys

I noticed there is a file - unit_pack_compatibility_project_v5_0.pack in my data directory (perhaps it gets installed with AP TI)
    so i think there is a conflict
    So i removed it, but that did not help, however, when I put the UPC file back and then removed the file patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.pack
    then when i load the game my menus text is restored however the game crashed as soon as I tried to play.

It seems like there is an issue with patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.pack

Not at all, my good chap. That is the way it should have worked. That is why I use the UPC pack instead, it is "one giant loc file" it is a compilation of a whole slew of other mods, hence the name "community". and you run that instead of running one AUM_en_loc. If you just ran the one aum_en_loc file, you "CAN NOT" use any other loc files....period. If you run APE_TI, you can only use that loc file, etc...etc... So instead of all those different locs that you cant use together, use the UPC and it has a lot of these individual locs "blended" together in one file, it is a lot of work for Swiss and Applelover to keep up with I can assure you.

So you should have left the UPC one in and removed the aum one, cause you were "double dipping" there, and as for the crash, text or language files don't crash your game. I also experienced some teething pains with this new setup, and I believe it is save games versus new pack. Swiss removed some units, and although he is usually very good at that, If the computer ai, somewhere, bought a unit that is no longer represented in game properly, your game would crash upon reload. Hey look on the bright side, this is what I try to do, whenever I have to restart a campaign, i look for other mods to install, to get more content, maybe something that looked good, but clashed with old campaigns. Maybe start another major mod version, see what those are like. Hope this helps

Push on, brave York volunteers

Hi Swiss, Thanks again for this great mod.

Just wondering if you can tell me what is going on with the naval firepower numbers. It shows the 1st raters with firepower of 478 and the over 1st raters with 270. Your custom 1st raters come in at 347 and your over 1st raters come in at 353.

I've run a couple of tests with the editor. I changed the HMS Neptume to match the vanilla gun sizes and it jumped to 486. Seems it has something to do with the 6 pound gun. When I changed the Neptune to 9 pound guns firepower dropped to 258

Weird stuff. I don't know why the lighter guns are increasing firepwoer so much or if it even makes any difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I checked the enteries for the stock 1st rate and the Neptume and quite a large number of the "unknown" are different. Is there someplace that lists what those values are. And what table shows the damage of the naval weapons. I cannot find it. This might shed some light on the strange firepower numbers.

Thanks again

Edit- I found the damage table. It shows the 6 pound dam as 8 and the 9 pound as 10, but the firepower goes down when you use the 9 instead of the 6.
    Last edited by ayradon; November 18, 2009 at 09:00 PM.

swiss I think it'd be pretty awesome if you included some more of king's european wars units as you already use a good amount of them. I'd love to give those three new units king made a go

I'm a big fan of Imp Splendor, I may try to ditch APE:TI and then see if I can get AUM working with IS, see if I can change things up and have better luck

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Unfortunately I've experienced unpacking errors after some download tests. I didn't have any errors on the uploading process, but my connection was really slow and some of the hosting servers were not fully available all the time.
    I tried downloading from both sites last evening about 10 times. Every time it just stopped by itself after 2-3 mb.

I tried again this morning and it came though on first try so avoiding peak hours can help, atleast as a temp. fix.

Great mod btw, just had a few minutes to check it out before work. Everything runs smooth and I just love all the new units I can recruit.

Would have like to have the...umm forgot the name now, the grenade dudes up to full unit strength but with new elite units I can live without it.

I am an APE: TI user who needs some help getting AUM working. When I start APE. the game loads fine however my menu options are all blank.

Here is my setup. newest version of APE and its working fine.

Downloaded aum_mod_ape_ti.pack -now in data directory
    "" patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.pack -now in data dir
    Downloaded patch_aum_graphics_pack -now in data dir

edited .bat file as follows "Empire.exe mod apeti_customcampaign.pack; mod apeti_modcore.pack; mod apeti_skins.pack; mod apeti_graphics.pack; mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack; "

removed apeti_localisation.pack

See any mistakes?

Versus

it seems they are not being loaded automatically maybe
    running the german version of etw with ape:ti and suffering under the same issue as mentiones above.

Maybe there is something wrong with the loc-file for ape:ti?

Besides that...thanks for this marvelous mod.

Quote Originally Posted by storm31071 View Post
    Great job, Swiss! Thank you! You are the best!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKF View Post
    Grand work Swiss - this mod is AVEM for me (A Very Essential Mod). My gracious thanks for your hard yards and constant perfection. A glass of the finest red in your honour.
    Thanks a lot storm + BKF! This is really nice to read after countless hours of AUM modding and improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Maptiv View Post
    I tried downloading from both sites last evening about 10 times. Every time it just stopped by itself after 2-3 mb.
    I tried again this morning and it came though on first try so avoiding peak hours can help, atleast as a temp. fix.
    Great mod btw, just had a few minutes to check it out before work. Everything runs smooth and I just love all the new units I can recruit.
    Would have like to have the...umm forgot the name now, the grenade dudes up to full unit strength but with new elite units I can live without it.
    Thanks Maptiv! I had to upload all four mod files again on Wednesday due to server connection problems.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer63 View Post
    AUM en, vanilla here. Mod runs smooth as always, just found that description for light merchant galleon (IIRC) is blank.
    All other descriptions are ok but still too early in the game to be sure. And yes, I installed the patch AUM en loc.
    Other than that, all is A OK.
    Cheers!
    Hello lancer63, here is the info from my recent changelog:

All new units and Field Marshalls have names and I'll integrate the short + long descriptions in the next AUM release.

Quote Originally Posted by ayradon View Post
    Also, I checked the enteries for the stock 1st rate and the Neptume and quite a large number of the "unknown" are different. Is there someplace that lists what those values are. And what table shows the damage of the naval weapons. I cannot find it. This might shed some light on the strange firepower numbers.
    Thanks again
    Edit- I found the damage table. It shows the 6 pound dam as 8 and the 9 pound as 10, but the firepower goes down when you use the 9 instead of the 6.
    Hello ayradon, thanks for your information. Unfortunately this is a known issue that the "firepower" values are sometimes not right displayed or counted. This is a vanilla bug. All projectiles are located in the "projectiles_table".

On of my biggest tasks for AUM 2.9 will be the second part of my naval gun-layout improvements.

The campaign screen and the battle screen do sometimes show different values.

Examples:
    Merchantmen (armed) now has only 6 guns. The custom battle screen shows the old value 32, but in the battle you'll see the right amount of 6 guns.

Light Merchant Galleon has only 16 guns. The custom battle screen shows the old value 60, but in the battle you'll see the right amount of 16 guns.

The large number of "unknown" columns is really sad. CA did not give us modders any hints or docs about the DB tables.

We modders share our knowledge and future discovered "unknown" columns will be for sure included in the DBEditor scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    swiss I think it'd be pretty awesome if you included some more of king's european wars units as you already use a good amount of them. I'd love to give those three new units king made a go
    Hello Okuto, as I have the permission from KLA + Salvo I will integrate more textures or units of EW for sure. AUM's Swiss Guards will get the new texture in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Major General Isaac Brock View Post
    your problem sounds like more than one loc file being used and that always causes problems, that is why I use the UPC "http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gn5k04m0cdm"
    I also experienced some teething pains with this new setup, and I believe it is save games versus new pack. Swiss removed some units, and although he is usually very good at that, If the computer ai, somewhere, bought a unit that is no longer represented in game properly, your game would crash upon reload. Hey look on the bright side, this is what I try to do, whenever I have to restart a campaign, i look for other mods to install, to get more content, maybe something that looked good, but clashed with old campaigns. Maybe start another major mod version, see what those are like. Hope this helps
    Hello Major General, thanks for answering the questions of godochaos.

The UPC is at the moment not updated to the latest APE:TI version. As I've written in the UPC thread, there are several issues with merging the major mod loc files into the UPC. I have to find a solution for that.

At the moment I recommend to use the special AUM language file for APE:TI or IS.

patch_aum_en_ape_ti.pack
    patch_aum_en_is.pack

Yes I did remove 5 vanilla ships and this shouldn't be a problem with the save games. But you're fully right with your statement about the unit removal which can be problematic. Until now I didn't have to remove a custom AUM unit and therefore all AUM releases are save game compatible.

There is only a problem if you remove an unit pack like AUM from your ongoing campaign. This problem have ALL mods. It occurs because the save game tries to load the mod's DB-tables and it doesn't find them anymore after the removing of the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus apostata View Post
    running the german version of etw with ape:ti and suffering under the same issue as mentiones above.
    Maybe there is something wrong with the loc-file for ape:ti?
    Besides that...thanks for this marvelous mod.
    Hello godochaos + julianus, I did update my installation instructions that it is clearer now.

I've uploaded a fixed version of the special APE:TI + AUM language file:

patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.7z

I've uploaded a new version of the ORNAMENTUM for DARTHMOD version which is fully adapted to DM 3.9. The two newest UPC files are included too (English/German).

mod_ornamentum_full_dm.7z

Here is a screenshot of my highly decorated Field Marshall of Europe after 46 years of warfare.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- included four Field Marshalls for all major factions:
    General Field Marshall of the Army - General Feldmarschall der Armee (Europe)
    Field Marshall of Europe - Feldmarschall von Europa (Europe)
    Field Marshall of America - Feldmarschall von Amerika (America)
    Field Marshall of India - Feldmarschall von Indien (India)

The three Field Marshalls are recruitable at both university buildings. The General Field Marshall of the Army is only recruitable at the latest university building.
    All four units require the technology military_army_reorganized_procurement.

I'm happy that AUM was downloaded so many times and the last release was again a new record!

AUM 2.7 statistics from all four download sites together:

VAN = 3308
    DM = 1788
    APE = 870
    IS = 944

Total = 6910

Cheers + thanks to all AUM fans!
    Swiss Halberdier

Thanks for the info Swiss. So even though the "firepower" numbers show as lower they are in reality higher and playing the campaign the true values will show.

Thanks SH. No wonder your mods excell in quiality when you take the time to answer even dumb posts like mine.
    Yes, read the line but wasn't paying attention.
    Cheers!