Page 7 of 165 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.6 for DM + APE + IS

Hi Swiss, thanks for your effort. Is there a way to just download ONLY the Swiss Pikemen or Swiss Guards?

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Swiss, you so sexy.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Quote Originally Posted by maxsim666 View Post
    Hi Swiss Hlberdier
    great work
    only one thing, I use DarthMod and ultra size for units. Regiments were usually formed of 2 battalions, so is it possible to increase recruits units maximum number , exemple cold stream guards, from 1 unit to 2 units, and so on, black watch from 1 to 2, Highland infantry from 2 to 4 units, hessian infantry from 5 to 10
    Swiss Halberdier is your nick so that make me a question why is not swisse region active in etw? is there any reason for that or it is only an oddity of Creative Assembly?
    thanks for your work!
    Hello maxsim666, yes it would be possible and I do change the unit limits for my own favor in my mod.

explanation how to do that:
    Open the downloaded "darthmod.pack" file with the "Pack File Manager" from LtChambers.
    > open the "db" directory and then go to the table "units_tables/units". Scroll to the right until you see a column called "Unit Limit" (16th). There you can change the "1" or "2" to "10". If you change this to "0", then you have unlimited units. After that save the pack-file.

I did not integrate this in my mod, because I had to change this every time a new Darth, IS or APE mod comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by tmsmith View Post
    Can't wait to give this a try!
    Thanks!
    Happy playing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tan Zhi Han View Post
    Howdy Swiss.
    About your Indian Royal Guard, their very well done, except for the fact that they have red skin... Not brown skin. They look like they are Europeans with sunburned faces.
    Yes they have some sort of a mix between brown and red. I decided that because the indian continent hasn't only brown skinned people.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
    I agree on making double amount of units for the battalion size! Good point maxsim!
    I have a question to your updated tech requirement, Swiss:
    If I have already recruited one of these units, do you think my campaign is still load-able?
    Well, in the end I will just try it out.
    Any feedback to these ship-textures? I guess nearly everybody here would download it
    And another thing. Are you able to add units to specific regions, not just India, Europe or America?
    Cheers!
    Yes it should be possible to play your current campaign further. But you can't recruit the "Swiss Mountain Jaegers" anymore until you have researched the "military_army_light_infantry_doctrine".

I guess you mean AOR (area of recruitment) units.

Yes this is possible but only if I would touch the special "startpos.esf" file in your "campaign\main" directory. In this file it could be done. But there is a problem at the moment. If any other mod uses this file too, then it would be overwritten.

At this moment it isn't possible to just add things to this file without importing the whole file. The same problem with the "localisation.loc" file.

I hope CA will fix that or gives to us modders the documentation to do that.

I recently checked "Bladerunners" ship site and I will have a look at it for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxsim666 View Post
    Hi there
    Swiss Halberdier, maybe I'm very fond in scots units, could you put in your mod the Royal Scots Greys, [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Massimo/IMPOST%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
    its very similar to horse granadier but they are the Royal Scots Greys
    Very nice picture! If someone makes a texture for me I would probably include them.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Hi Swiss, thanks for your effort. Is there a way to just download ONLY the Swiss Pikemen or Swiss Guards?
    No I didn't planned to make a release with only some of the units. What you could do by your own risk... backup the file before...
    Open the "pack" file with the "Pack File Manager" and delete each entry which isn't related to the "Swiss" units. So you have to delete each entry which isn't named like "swiss_guards_elite" / "swiss_pikemen" / "swiss_jaegers".

But you have to be very careful not do delete to much and only delete the rows of the tables and not the whole tables.
    Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    Swiss, you so sexy.
    Thanks a lot sir! It's a honor for me to contribute a special version for your major mod "A proper Empire"!

Nice Mod, but I like the marines of Proper Empire more like yours

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    Nice Mod, but I like the marines of Proper Empire more like yours
    Simply load mod_proper_units.pack AFTER you load the AUM and you should have Swiss' units as well as the marines from APE.

Let me know in a PM if you have any trouble!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

[quote=Swiss Halberdier;5067998]Hello maxsim666, yes it would be possible and I do change the unit limits for my own favor in my mod.

explanation how to do that:
    Open the downloaded "darthmod.pack" file with the "Pack File Manager" from LtChambers.
    > open the "db" directory and then go to the table "units_tables/units". Scroll to the right until you see a column called "Unit Limit" (16th). There you can change the "1" or "2" to "10". If you change this to "0", then you have unlimited units. After that save the pack-file.

I did not integrate this in my mod, because I had to change this every time a new Darth, IS or APE mod comes out.

Happy playing!

thanks Swiss Halberdier
    Last edited by maxsim666; April 29, 2009 at 03:04 AM.

Can this be used with darthmod versions which are not commander edition (vanilla size troops)?

Yes!

Use this one and it should work: aum_mod_1.6.zip plus the loc file of course

Comandante's Avatar Libertus

darth mod 1.7 is out! can you make it compatible plz??

Quote Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
    Yes!
    Use this one and it should work: aum_mod_1.6.zip plus the loc file of course
    That's right Takeda, thanks!

To white_elephant > This version is called "standalone" in my download section and has "vanilla" unit sizes and the stats are related to "vanilla" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Comandante View Post
    darth mod 1.7 is out! can you make it compatible plz??
    AUM 1.6 is playable at the moment with DM 1.7 and the new patch.

But I will do a new AUM 1.7 and a new language file shortly which will be fully compatible to DM 1.7 and the new patch.

Swiss Halberdier, How do you change for compatability with the new patch, I have been wondering this for a while now with no luck.

Thanks.

Mr Tom's Avatar Decanus

The mod works fine for me, still got the units even after the patch.

so does your 1.6 pack work ok with darths recent 1.7 release?

p.s loving your work. please think about getting factions like prussia, sweden, united provinces some unique units so they are more fun to play with? Although i love the Brits (and think its amazibng how such a tiny country had the biggest empire ever seen!) they do have way too many unique units compared to the others. Im using the prussian and ottoman re-texture mods with yours and they work together great. +Rep for some great work.

# edit - doh just saw your post above. looking forward to future releases, this game / era has such a wealth of different unit types to choose from, the possibilitys for new units to create are endless!
    Last edited by carlitobrigante; April 30, 2009 at 01:31 PM.

I'm having a problem right now, even though the localization pack is in, there is now no description for the AUM units. This didn't happen before the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsty Bloodnok View Post
    Swiss Halberdier, How do you change for compatability with the new patch, I have been wondering this for a while now with no luck.
    Thanks.
    The patch adds a new column in the db/units_tables/units.

But all units_tables_units which are in a "pre-patch" format will work too.

Because my mod doesn't have any campaign or battle AI it isn't too complicated. But I'll have to wait until I can read the updated "tables" with a new version of the "Pack File Manager".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tom View Post
    The mod works fine for me, still got the units even after the patch.
    Yep, mine works too...
    Quote Originally Posted by carlitobrigante View Post
    so does your 1.6 pack work ok with darths recent 1.7 release?
    p.s loving your work. please think about getting factions like prussia, sweden, united provinces some unique units so they are more fun to play with? Although i love the Brits (and think its amazibng how such a tiny country had the biggest empire ever seen!) they do have way too many unique units compared to the others. Im using the prussian and ottoman re-texture mods with yours and they work together great. +Rep for some great work.
    # edit - doh just saw your post above. looking forward to future releases, this game / era has such a wealth of different unit types to choose from, the possibilitys for new units to create are endless!
    Thank you for the compliments and rep! Yes I will add more units to several factions. In the next update AUM 1.7 I've already integrated two new russian units and two new mercenaries for East and West Europe. But I am a "one-man-show" and therefore please have patience it will come more

Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorXPS15 View Post
    I'm having a problem right now, even though the localization pack is in, there is now no description for the AUM units. This didn't happen before the patch.
    Please give me the exact name of which versions from AUM and .loc you are using.
    All my four AUM 1.6 versions do work and some users already confirmed that the mod does work after the patch.
    Does it show the names without my mod? Do you have other mods with a ".loc" file activated?

I'm using AUM 1.6 Imperial Splendour version, along with the 1.6 English .loc file. Oh and if I wasn't clear in the post above, its only the AUM units without names and descriptions, everything else is fine. Plus I don't have any other mods using a .loc file. All of these issues seemed to appear after the patch.

Hello to all AUM fans out there,

Today I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.7" and it is fully compatible with “DarthMod 1.7 + Imperial Splendor 1.07 + A Proper Empire 1.21” and the new official patch from CA (30. April).

There are four new custom units included:
    Don Cossacks Cavalry Elite
    Tsar Guards Elite
    West European Infantry Mercenaries
    East European Infantry Mercenaries

and two artillery units which where only available to France:
    18lbs Horse Guard Artillery > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = late)

24lbs Guard Artillery > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = late)

Comments, suggestions, problems and balancing issues

If you have any comments, suggestions or problems you can give me feedback here in this thread. Please write which version of my mod do you use.

Because I introduced new versions for three major mods which all have different stats, it is important for me to know if they are balanced.

I hope that you're having fun playing my mod and thank you for downloading it!
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.7 for DM + APE + IS

1.7 Localization pack doesn't seem to fix my problem either. EDIT: Never mind, Swiss. It seems to be fine now. Great mod!
    Last edited by TerminatorXPS15; April 30, 2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Update

Great Mod! love the new units, but eventhough I downloaded the correct localization pack for 1.7 I still am not getting the names or descriptions of the units. Im not running darth mod, imperial splendour or proper empire.

Bongfu's Avatar Senator

Is there anyway to make Marines recruitable by Prussia?
    Lorehammer - Team Lead
    A Radious Total War: Warhammer Sub-mod