Page 62 of 165 FirstFirst ... 123752535455565758596061626364656667686970717287112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 3294

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.6 for DM + APE:TI + IS + vanilla standard ETW (English, German, Spanish) + optional "Graphics Pack" > updated 20.9.09

Quote Originally Posted by crusader knight View Post
    swiss great work
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer63 View Post
    Bad thing of great mods is when vanilla changes version, game crashes till mod updates. Great thing of great mods is when modder is so fast on the upgrades to new versions you hardly notice it.
    And you sure fall into that category SH.
    Thank you man!!!:
    Quote Originally Posted by centcom View Post
    Splendid mod Swiss!!! Playing it with DM and it is truly awesome.
    Thanks for the hard work and I'm looking forward to AUM 2.7 but please take your time. I spent 7 months for CA to make this game playable for me so I sure can wait some time for things like this.
    Please keep it up but don't forget to relax and sleep (don't overdo that either though )
    Oh, and rep you very much :p
    Thanks a lot! I appreciate that. And yes I do sleep sometimes..

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    You have my thanks swiss, effective as ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    I could live with a simple hotfix without any new units for now me thinks
    Hello Okuto, thanks and it's true that a hotfix for patch 1.4 + 1.5 is more important than new units.

Quote Originally Posted by ayradon View Post
    I'm using AUM 2.6 van. But the ship stat changes appear to be part of the CA 1.5 patch. I loaded with and without the mod and here's what I found. I only checked the British AUM named ships
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hvy 1st rate -122/272
    1st rate -106/479
    Victory - 106/336
    Neptune - 106/410
    Britannia - 106/340
    Royal George - 106/269
    Royal Sovereign - 106/269
    2nd rate - 86/250
    3rd rate - 74/221
    4th rate - 58/298
    5th rate - 48/92
    Razee - 48/124
    Galleon - 60/370
    War Galleon - 60/276
    Numbers are all over the place. Don't know why
    Hello ayradon, yes I have to completely re-balance the naval part of AUM according to patch 1.4 + 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by matekaitis View Post
    My units dont have any names! how do i fix this?
    Hello matekaitis, download a language file and put it in your ETW data folder. Please read the FAQ > AUM Troubleshooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlecry View Post
    Are you using another mod in addition to AUM? I'm using APE:TI and had to move the apeti_localization.pack file out of my /data folder completely - renaming alone didn't work! There can't be two localization files functioning at once, otherwise neither will work. Also make sure whatever launcher method you use has the line "mod patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.pack;" in it (the filename will be different if you are using a different mod, or vanilla - these are separately downloaded from the first page in this thread).
    Hello Battlecry and welcome to our TWC community! f you want to rename a file you have to be sure that you add a suffix to the end of the file ".pack_disabled_or_renamed"

"mod patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.pack;"
    This is not necessary and doesn't work like this, because a patch file loads automatically if it is within the ETW data directory.

Quote Originally Posted by Lang View Post
    Stupid alert!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is a very broad, stupid question, but...

WHY WON'T IT WORK!!!!!!!!!

I've recently downloaded the Mod the Language pack and the language pack patch and extracted them to my data file but the custom units refuse to appear in game please help

end stupid alert
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello Lang, welcome to our TWC community! You need to activate AUM within the "Mod Manager" or your ETW script file. Please read my detailed installation instructions and my FAQ > AUM Troubleshooting.

Are you using a launcher, or just the Empire.exe by itself? Mods have to be launched a certain way.

You can create a batch file to launch the game with the mod - there are other ways but this is simplest for me:
    1) create a new text file
    2) In Notepad, copy/paste the following into the text file:
    Code:
    Empire.exe mod patch_aum_en_loc.pack; mod aum_mod.pack;
    NOTE: the filenames will be different if you are using another version of the mod - i.e. one designed for use with another mod, or another language. My own is for APE:TI, and looks like this:
    Code:
    Empire.exe mod patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.pack; mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack;
    (I didn't include the APE:TI files, but they're there as well, in order to run both mods at once).
    NOTE 2: I only have the two files...so I don't know what to do with the third you mention, or why you would need it.
    3) Click File > Save As, and name the file AUM.bat (the first part isn't important - but the .txt must be changed to .bat)
    4) Place this batch file into your Empire Total War directory (Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\empire total war) and run it directly, or create a shortcut to it on the desktop to make it easier.
    Your described way is possible but you have to remove the "patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.pack" from this batch line:

Empire.exe mod patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.pack
    ; mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack; + of course all entries of the APE:TI batch file.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Hello Swiss, there are a two certain US units that came with patch 1.5, pioneer militia and pioneer dragoons I think. Can you make them trainable in campaign? Pronalbly should be trained in only minor settlements in inland North America and once you upgrade to a certain level they become untrainable.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    I support that!
    Hello EB999 + IGdood, yes I saw these two units in the "Warpath" campaign too.

I didn't had the time to read through all new "Warpath" threads and I don't know if it's legal to activate an unit which is in the "Warpath" campaign. But both units are using already included pre-patch 1.5 textures + icons.

Both units are only recruitable for the United States. (units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions table)

If an unit is activated in this table, then it should be recruitable in the campaign. But CA probably "locked" all Warpath units for the normal campaign. I didn't had the time to test it.
    nan_american_pioneer_militia
    model > episodic_guncrew
    region > peninsula

nan_american_pioneer_raiders
    model > episodic_militia
    region > europe

Good news for all AUM fans. My progress on my upcoming AUM 2.7 + Graphics Pack 1.6 is going very well and it will be released soon.

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.6 for DM + APE:TI + IS + vanilla standard ETW (English, German, Spanish) + optional "Graphics Pack" > updated 20.9.09

Hey Swiss,

Steam installed 2 updates automatically for me a day ago, I had the AUM prior to the updates. Now whenever I try to launch the game from steam it crashes to the desktop giving me this info:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Empire.exe
    Application Version: 1.5.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4abbc9d0
    Fault Module Name: Empire.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.5.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4abbc9d0
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 009ea5f4
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: fd00
    Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
    Additional Information 3: fd00
    Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Any idea how to fix this or the AUM 2.7 will fix this issue...

Icon10 Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.6 for DM + APE:TI + IS + vanilla standard ETW (English, German, Spanish) + optional "Graphics Pack" > updated 20.9.09

Thanks guys, works perfect now sorry for covering forum with my stupid. now i got some important business to attend to

The game CTDs whenever I select a map in costum battles with AUM on. Help please.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Quote Originally Posted by venividi View Post
    Hey Swiss,

Steam installed 2 updates automatically for me a day ago, I had the AUM prior to the updates. Now whenever I try to launch the game from steam it crashes to the desktop giving me this info:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Empire.exe
    Application Version: 1.5.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4abbc9d0
    Fault Module Name: Empire.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.5.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4abbc9d0
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 009ea5f4
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: fd00
    Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
    Additional Information 3: fd00
    Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
    Any idea how to fix this or the AUM 2.7 will fix this issue...
    Hello Venividi, I've received the updates and all works fine. Try to check the integrity of your ETW files online.

Info from FAQ:

How to re-download changed "vanilla" files:
    > Open Steam > click on "my games" > right-click on Empire > left-click on "properties" > then look for the "Local files" tab > "Verify the integrity of the game cache"

There you can re-check the "integrity of your Empire" files. It takes some time, but after updating you have again all proper vanilla files.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Croccer View Post
    The game CTDs whenever I select a map in costum battles with AUM on. Help please.
    Hello Dr.Croccer, I recommend to check the integrity of your ETW files as written above in the spoiler. If this doesn't solve your problem, then please list your activated mods, mod manager list and script file.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post

Hello Battlecry and welcome to our TWC community! f you want to rename a file you have to be sure that you add a suffix to the end of the file ".pack_disabled_or_renamed"
    Ah, I see thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier

"mod patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.pack;"
    This is not necessary and doesn't work like this, because a patch file loads automatically if it is within the ETW data directory. Your described way is possible but you have to remove the "patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.pack" from this batch line:

Empire.exe mod patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.pack
    ; mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack; + of course all entries of the APE:TI batch file.
    Well it does work fine for me, even with it in the batch file - I think I just added it to the batch file and removed the APE:TI loc file at the same time, so I never knew which one fixed the problem lol! Good to know. I was just trying to help the guy by telling him what worked for me.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Uhh, why Europe for the raiders? And where's the Peninsula, Swiss?

Ah, I see thanks.
    Well it does work fine for me, even with it in the batch file - I think I just added it to the batch file and removed the APE:TI loc file at the same time, so I never knew which one fixed the problem lol! Good to know. I was just trying to help the guy by telling him what worked for me.
    No problem, it was a good suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Uhh, why Europe for the raiders? And where's the Peninsula, Swiss?
    Yes that's quite strange. Peninsula is the Iberian region > Spain, Portugal, some Isles.

Here is my folder in action at this moment SH... go figure, but it all works and with Saves and GC from pre 1.4

Keep up the awesome work Swiss

p.s. Whom might consider doing some more Scottish Regiments complete with their own tartans ?
    Last edited by Major General Isaac Brock; November 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM.

Push on, brave York volunteers

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    No problem, it was a good suggestion.

Yes that's quite strange. Peninsula is the Iberian region > Spain, Portugal, some Isles.
    Oh, then perhaps they should be changed to the American theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by Major General Isaac Brock View Post
    Here is my folder in action at this moment SH... go figure, but it all works and with Saves and GC from pre 1.4
    Keep up the awesome work Swiss
    p.s. Whom might consider doing some more Scottish Regiments complete with their own tartans ?
    Hello Major General Isaac Brock, thanks + and I'll look at the file and send you a PM.

AUM 2.7 + Graphics Pack 1.6 will be released on Sunday evening.

Uh, I never saw those other two as locs, WoW... do I win a prize for getting the most out of my locs, even a kewpie doll with a tartan plaid kilt and toy bayonet!!
    Last edited by Major General Isaac Brock; November 12, 2009 at 12:38 PM.

dragos's Avatar Libertus

(deleted)

Good Day Swiss;

Sorry, when I sent you the other shot, I didn't know the importance of these other different pack types and really even what they "do", other than they add stuff.
    Last edited by Major General Isaac Brock; November 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM.

Good Day Swiss;
    Sorry, when I sent you the other shot, I didn't know the importance of these other different pack types and really even what they "do", other than they add stuff.
    Hello Major General, these screenshots are exactly what I need.

I see four language files in your ETW data directory:
    loaded as mod packs:
    allmod_loc
    my_loc

loaded as movie packs:
    DrumregimentV1.5

UPC_4_7_patch_1_5

Do you see all unit names of all mods?

All files show a conflict. I guess it's the "localisation.loc"?

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Well, now that you mentioned it, I did have one that was missing for way back now. It was one of Toons for his British Marines. I sent him screen shots, which are still on his thread, and I floored him, "What happened to that one unit" when all the rest were there complete with their descriptions he couldn't answer too. Because it was his mod/skin I never thought anymore about it, As time went on, that unit never gained its description at all, despite several updates of his mods and the UPC. That is where I finally credited the problem too, that it was some "typo" in that UPC mod, and figured someday Applelover would notice and fix it. But just recently it gained its description, I only noticed going through these last two patches from CA, but how I don't know exactly. Wonder if you had a marines unit and they conflicted. Still they all work now for me anyways, and you can't explain that?? I will check into this further, but as far as I know all the units from all those patches and packs work for me, will have to start France, Prussia and others to verify this as I only fought against them so far. My old French campaign bit the big one with 1.3 or one of the changes here to the mods that needed restart. Further testing will be required, and I will update you further, any other requests or answers I can give you, you only have to ask, as I would love to help you for a change.

p.s. have so more +rep kind sir, and thankee

p.p.s. I wonder "IF" CA have been more helpful to the modding community than we realized. They have improved things in these last two patches, and maybe, just maybe having more than one loc was one of the unnoticed possibilities or fixes? What do you think?
    Last edited by Major General Isaac Brock; October 10, 2009 at 04:38 PM.

Well, now that you mentioned it, I did have one that was missing for way back now. It was one of Toons for his British Marines. I sent him screen shots, which are still on his thread, and I floored him, "What happened to that one unit" when all the rest were there complete with their descriptions he couldn't answer too. Because it was his mod/skin I never thought anymore about it, As time went on, that unit never gained its description at all, despite several updates of his mods and the UPC. That is where I finally credited the problem too, that it was some "typo" in that UPC mod, and figured someday Applelover would notice and fix it. But just recently it gained its description, I only noticed going through these last two patches from CA, but how I don't know exactly. Wonder if you had a marines unit and they conflicted. Still they all work now for me anyways, and you can't explain that?? I will check into this further, but as far as I know all the units from all those patches and packs work for me, will have to start France, Prussia and others to verify this as I only fought against them so far. My old French campaign bit the big one with 1.3 or one of the changes here to the mods that needed restart. Further testing will be required, and I will update you further, any other requests or answers I can give you, you only have to ask, as I would love to help you for a change.

p.s. have so more +rep kind sir, and thankee

p.p.s. I wonder "IF" CA have been more helpful to the modding community than we realized. They have improved things in these last two patches, and maybe, just maybe having more than one loc was one of the unnoticed possibilities or fixes? What do you think?
    Hello Major General, I've tested now all variants and unfortunately it doesn't work. It don't seem that CA has changed the "language file system" that it would be easier for mods.

BKF's Avatar Foederatus

Hi Swiss:

Yes it seems to be an ongoing dilemma regarding "loc" files and unit descriptions etc. Many mods do contain a particular "loc" file which can and will lead to many problems with units and their descriptions etc.

I for one eagerly await AUM 2.7 and the Graphics pack 1.6 release. Along with IS and a few more wonderful mods your grand work is essential for any true ETW gamer to relive those exciting days of history. My continued gracious thanks for your ongoing endeavours and it is an obvious labour of love to help create a grand gaming experience.

BKF - To infinity and beyond...

lovely, sunday it is, all that is left after that is for lord vader to to add on the warpath dodads

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Question, is this compatible with patch 1.5+DarthMod 3.1?