Page 6 of 165 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Leif der Wikinger's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.5 for DM + APE + IS

I have the german version of ETW playing with "A proper Empire" 1.2.1 . To enable all new units of "A Proper Empire" and your "Additional Units Mod" i have to use the english "patch_aum_en_loc_1_5_proper.zip" ? They are not included in the german localization "patch_aum_ge_loc_1_5.zip" ?
    A bit confusing for me, sorry ! Please help.
    ... wenn Walhalla dich ruft, mach dich bereit, im Land der Helden für die Ewigkeit ...

Quote Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
    GREAT!!! Another update
    Are these units available by region or by faction?
    Well, regarding your question, I play Darthmod ...I didn't even try the rest yet, since I know Darths work since years now and its always worth it.
    And of course I help out. It is the least I can do for you.
    I will try the new addition right away after work
    Hello Takeda, the two new units are only available for the Ottomans, but in Europe and the Middle-East. Thanks for your support and if you expect any balancing problems please report them.

Quote Originally Posted by maxsim666 View Post
    thanks Swiss Halberdier very nice work
    Thanks a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Preussen Gloria View Post
    despite your admirable work with the skins,i think that i'm not going to download it,i'm not interested in play with 12 new units who are invented or belong to the 19th century.
    regards.
    No problem for me, that's your opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyBoomerang View Post
    Hey Swiss
    Playing as French, and I've conquered Britain. In Paris I've built the Arc de Triomphe (ultimate barracks) and I can't recruit the additional units when I could with an Army Staff College (or even before that.) In London, however, I can still recruit as many as I want. Maybe check to see if Arc de Triomphe doesn't allow elite units? o.o
    Hello GuiltyBoomerang, thank you very much for reporting this. I will surely check and fix that in the next release!

Quote Originally Posted by mo64stang06 View Post
    Not sure if I'm digging this mod. I like some of the new units, but I don't like the idea of building Swiss units and such in London playing as GB. And Native American units in America such as tribesman and bowmen.
    No problem for me, the "Swiss" units are represented as "mercenaries" which can be recruited around Europe for a few factions. Because only one custom unit (Elite LI) is available in the "new world", I made the five Natives available as "mercenaries".

Quote Originally Posted by Leif der Wikinger View Post
    I have the german version of ETW playing with "A proper Empire" 1.2.1 . To enable all new units of "A Proper Empire" and your "Additional Units Mod" i have to use the english "patch_aum_en_loc_1_5_proper.zip" ? They are not included in the german localization "patch_aum_ge_loc_1_5.zip" ?
    A bit confusing for me, sorry ! Please help.
    Hello Leif, yes you're absolutely right! Use the "patch_aum_en_loc_1_5_proper.zip" for playing both mods together. Then you have the units from APE and AUM. I didn't made a german version for APE, because the "language" file of APE is in English. At the moment I don't have the time to translate the very good descriptions for the new APE units. But I have this on my doing-list I will change the first post and add this information.

SCGavin's Avatar Libertus

Default Suggestions to AUM (Mod version: 1.5)

First of all I've got to say that this is a really great mod that gave (and gives) me lot of fun, as the vanilla units really are a joke.

After having said that I'd like to make some suggestions:
    Mercenaries
    Do you plan to create a function to hire mercenaries, Swiss Halberdier? That is probably a feature for the future as I can't believe that it would be easy to mod, but your Swiss units for example would make perfect mercenaries.
    Regional units (existing)
    Empire: Total War has quite a lot regional units as I would call them: units that can be recruited if a certain region (or sometimes several) has been conquered. If such a region is conquered some nations may use the units, while others may not. It would be awesome if you could make those units available for all factions or for those which have a realistic way to recruit those units.

Examples:

• Uhlans (I believe) in Preßburg for Prussian conquering forces.
    • Sikh-Infantry in Punjab for Mararatha conquering forces. In the 19th century the britihs for example had several Sikh regiments, so the British at least should be able to recruit them.
    • Some hooded skirmishing guys (I forgot the name - something like Pendulen) in the area of Austria
    • Cossack infantry and cavalry in Russia. I believe they might or would have fought for other nations, most likely Poland etc. as the Cossacks had trouble with Russia from time to time and were not the most Russian-loving I'd think.
    Regional units (not yet existing)
    It would also be awesome if you could add additional regional units, like for example the Connaught Rangers as a line infantry regiment with slightly better stats than normal line infantry. They would only be recruitable in Ireland.
    Elites needed!
    There are several factions and/or regions that need elites in my eyes. For example the colonies in Africa and India as well as in America do not have any Elite units (except maybe Guard Infantry). Moreover Native units that can be recruited in e.g. Colombia by the British shouldn't be the same kind of units as those recruitable in Alaska or Canada. Even if both units are of Native origin, they would differ in appearance and behaviour I believe (cf. the Maya and Apache units from Medieval 2: Total War: Kingdoms where the North and South American units did look and fight differently).
    Also Russia needs some Elites - maybe some Asian mercenaries similar to the Swiss ones (don't know if that would be historically accurate).
    Reskins and Highlanders
    I really like the Highland Infantry you enabled me to play with! But what I don't like about those Highlanders (including the Royal Eccossais and the Black Watch) is how they look. I don't think the Highlander uniforms do the units justice. If you do reskinning as well as creating those awesome new units that would be something that needs a bit polishing I think. Regarding the Highlanders I think that you maybe could add another Highlander Infantry: one that's only slightly better than Line Infantry in regards to shooting but has superior morale and melee stats. Just as a thought.
    Other Mods and units
    I've seen that you have a version of you're mod for "A Proper Empire". I played that mod some time ago and liked the "Preußische Riesengarde" and "Van Ziehten Husaren". Could they maybe be implemented in this mod as well? Also I remember someone adding firearms to the Pirate mobs and the Russian Srteltsy (different persons, I don't remember where I found it, though). Those might be interesting additions to you're mod, too.
    If you don't want to use any of those ideas, that doesn't matter (much ). I myself can't mod, so I'am more than happy someone takes care of the colorless units of vanilla ETW and hope that you consider some of my ideas.

takeda,take it easy,i just expressed my personal opinion and that`s all.
    now tell me,where can i find in real history some unit if the early 18Th century who wears napoleonic shako.
    regards

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

2Swiss Halberdier

Can you make new unique France line units using this Line infantry skins variants?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245857

Line Infantry variants:
    Here are some pictures of the different line infantry available in the AR French Infantry Package:[spoiler]
    Line infantry 10e Flandres
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Line infantry 111e Regiment
    Le 24e Régiment de La Reine
    Le 34e Régiment La Sarre
    Le 81e Régiment Chartres

Just had a battle with the new units you created, finally!
    Really nice!!!
    I think I will start a parallel Ottoman campaign soon and check those Turkish units

Swiss Gebirgsjaeger didn't have smoke coming out of there guns.
    Are they using airguns? I would recommend to give them either muskets or put them as late units.

I would also recommend to remove the bayonetts for the Fusiliers. What do you think?

The engineers are great, although I think they could wear a big backpack. (if possible at all)

Don't get me wrong, this no criticism just my thoughts about it.

Looking forward to your next update!!!

@Preussen Gloria
    Hungarian hussars maybe!?
    You can even read this on wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by SCGavin View Post
    Mercenaries
    Do you plan to create a function to hire mercenaries, Swiss Halberdier? That is probably a feature for the future as I can't believe that it would be easy to mod, but your Swiss units for example would make perfect mercenaries.

>>> Yes this will probably a feature of future releases. If CA releases mod tools that allow this or a talented modder of our community can implement this. At the moment there isn't a option to recruit them as "mercenaries" like in M2 or Rome. I'm also thinking of a special "mercenary" building that has to be built to recruit mercenaries. I'll have to check how to implement this.
    Regional units (existing) & Regional units (not yet existing)
    At the moment we can only edit AOR units in the "startpos.esf" file which I didn't include into my mod. Because other major mods edit this file and until now it isn't possible to just add things. I hope that CA gives us tools, fixes this with a patch or releases the documentation of how to add records.
    Elites needed!
    There are several factions and/or regions that need elites in my eyes. For example the colonies in Africa and India as well as in America do not have any Elite units (except maybe Guard Infantry). Moreover Native units that can be recruited in e.g. Colombia by the British shouldn't be the same kind of units as those recruitable in Alaska or Canada. Even if both units are of Native origin, they would differ in appearance and behaviour I believe (cf. the Maya and Apache units from Medieval 2: Total War: Kingdoms where the North and South American units did look and fight differently).
    Also Russia needs some Elites - maybe some Asian mercenaries similar to the Swiss ones (don't know if that would be historically accurate).

I'm working on some new "mercenary" units for all continents.
    Reskins and Highlanders
    I really like the Highland Infantry you enabled me to play with! But what I don't like about those Highlanders (including the Royal Eccossais and the Black Watch) is how they look. I don't think the Highlander uniforms do the units justice. If you do reskinning as well as creating those awesome new units that would be something that needs a bit polishing I think. Regarding the Highlanders I think that you maybe could add another Highlander Infantry: one that's only slightly better than Line Infantry in regards to shooting but has superior morale and melee stats. Just as a thought.

Until now I didn't have the time to reskin any units. But I've talked to several talented modders who probably will allow me to include their skins.
    Other Mods and units
    I've seen that you have a version of you're mod for "A Proper Empire". I played that mod some time ago and liked the "Preußische Riesengarde" and "Van Ziehten Husaren". Could they maybe be implemented in this mod as well? Also I remember someone adding firearms to the Pirate mobs and the Russian Srteltsy (different persons, I don't remember where I found it, though). Those might be interesting additions to you're mod, too.

Thats right "A proper Empire" has some nice units which I do like. I didn't inlcude the "Prussian Giants or Zieten Hussars" because if I would do that, then you had double units if you play "APE" and "AUM" together. But I will think if I release the units for the other 3 versions of my mod.
    If you don't want to use any of those ideas, that doesn't matter (much ). I myself can't mod, so I'am more than happy someone takes care of the colorless units of vanilla ETW and hope that you consider some of my ideas.
    Hello SCGavin, thank you very much for your long detailed suggestions and review!
    I've answered each question above in blue color.
    Happy playing!

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    2Swiss Halberdier
    Can you make new unique France line units using this Line infantry skins variants?
    Hello Isilendil, this are some very nice skins from this mod. I don't know if 33orion77 allows other mods to include the textures. I'll have to write him.

Just had a battle with the new units you created, finally!
    Really nice!!!
    I think I will start a parallel Ottoman campaign soon and check those Turkish units
    Swiss Gebirgsjaeger didn't have smoke coming out of there guns.
    Are they using airguns? I would recommend to give them either muskets or put them as late units.
    I would also recommend to remove the bayonetts for the Fusiliers. What do you think?
    The engineers are great, although I think they could wear a big backpack. (if possible at all)
    Don't get me wrong, this no criticism just my thoughts about it.
    Looking forward to your next update!!!
    Hello Takeda, yes you're right about the "Swiss Gebirgsjäger". They have "airguns" for silent ambushes. The required technology for "airguns" does only have Austria so far. That's the reason why I removed the requirement. I will have to test if I can integrate the "airgun" tech to other factions as well.

EDIT: I've checked this. It is very tricky to add technologies to factions, because they have "slots" in the technology tree. I would have to check each technology tree of all factions and count the "slots" and adjust the "airgun" technology for every faction that can recruit "airgun-units" too.

> Fusiliers & bayonets > My thought was the following... because they have some of the lowest melee stats I leaved them the bayonets that they can defend themselves a "little" against charges. I'll have to test them with swords instead of bayonets.

> bagbacks for Pioneers > I've seen a special "Equipment Mod" in the release thread. But I didn't change until now any "equipments" on my units. I have to look at the other mod how he has done that.

Any suggestions or critic is welcome because not everybody has the same prefers. ;-)

Singleton Mosby's Avatar Tiro
    Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA

I am not entirely sure if I aquired them with your great mod but I have a little problem with this nameless unit of line infantry. They wear black 'jeager' hats, dark green jackets and red trousers (as France). The problem is.....they fire as they incure casualties, but they don't have any reload and fire animation nor smoke.

Seen some other units in action and they worked fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton Mosby View Post
    I am not entirely sure if I aquired them with your great mod but I have a little problem with this nameless unit of line infantry. They wear black 'jeager' hats, dark green jackets and red trousers (as France). The problem is.....they fire as they incure casualties, but they don't have any reload and fire animation nor smoke.
    Seen some other units in action and they worked fine!
    It seems that you mean the "Swiss Mountain Jaegers"? They have "air-guns" which are silent and without smoke. This is not a bug.

Hi there!

Regarding the Gebirgsjaeger you could also maybe fix them to another, later tech!?

I searched the internet a bit for the Fusiliers and discovered that they didn't use bayonetts in the beginning, but in the late 1800s. Maybe you can make them to use a fix/unfixable bayonett instead?
    I guess thats what they did. Putting a bayonett on their rifle only for melee!?
    Just a thought! ^^

Bladerunner did some beautiful paintjobs for ship moddels. He is currently looking for modders eager to take his ships abboard.
    Maybe you can have a submod with his ships?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=253836

Hope there will be another update soon. Your mod really boosts my fun with Empire

JuanKilo's Avatar Laetus

Swiss Halberdier: Thank you very much for the units.

You'll get no complaints from me.

Modders like yourself and those your project works with, are part of the reason Total War stays on my hard drive.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post

Hello Isilendil, this are some very nice skins from this mod. I don't know if 33orion77 allows other mods to include the textures. I'll have to write him.
    Hi! Any news?

Hi there!
    Regarding the Gebirgsjaeger you could also maybe fix them to another, later tech!?
    Hope there will be another update soon. Your mod really boosts my fun with Empire
    Thanks a lot for researching this. Yesterday I changed the melee weapon of the fusiliers to swords. The "plug unplug" feature of the bayonets has been bugged sometimes in the battle.
    > "Fusiliers" get swords and the "Swiss Mountain Jaegers" are available to the mid-late tech "military_army_light_infantry_doctrine". This is the tech where you get the "chasseur britaniques" too.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanKilo View Post
    Swiss Halberdier: Thank you very much for the units.
    You'll get no complaints from me.
    Modders like yourself and those your project works with, are part of the reason Total War stays on my hard drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by La-De-Dah-Gnr Graham View Post
    Would just like to thank you for all the effort you put into these marvelous skins, cant wait to see what you come up with next mate!
    Cheers!!!
    Thank your both for your compliments! It's a real pleasure for me that so many people have fun playing my mod!

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    Hi! Any news?
    Unfortunately not, I was away at the weekend...

Cipher*'s Avatar Libertus

this is awesome keep up the good work mate

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.6 for DM + APE + IS

Hello to all AUM fans out there,

Today I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.6" and it is fully compatible with “DarthMod 1.6

There is one new custom unit included: Royal Indian Guards Elite

I did many tweaks and fixed a problem with the three ultimate barracks for France, Prussia and Poland.

The next update will come probably a few days after the next official CA patch. I have to test it properly.

Comments, suggestions, problems and balancing issues

If you have any comments, suggestions or problems you can give me feedback here in this thread. Please write which version of my mod do you use.

Because I introduced new versions for three major mods which all have different stats, it is important for me to know if they are balanced.

I hope that you're having fun playing my mod and thank you for downloading it!
    Swiss Halberdier

Can't wait to give this a try!

Thanks!

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Hi Swiss Hlberdier
    great work
    only one thing, I use DarthMod and ultra size for units. Regiments were usually formed of 2 battalions, so is it possible to increase recruits units maximum number , exemple cold stream guards, from 1 unit to 2 units, and so on, black watch from 1 to 2, Highland infantry from 2 to 4 units, hessian infantry from 5 to 10
    Swiss Halberdier is your nick so that make me a question why is not swisse region active in etw? is there any reason for that or it is only an oddity of Creative Assembly?
    thanks for your work!

Howdy Swiss.

About your Indian Royal Guard, their very well done, except for the fact that they have red skin... Not brown skin. They look like they are Europeans with sunburned faces.

I agree on making double amount of units for the battalion size! Good point maxsim!

I have a question to your updated tech requirement, Swiss:
    If I have already recruited one of these units, do you think my campaign is still load-able?
    Well, in the end I will just try it out.

Any feedback to these ship-textures? I guess nearly everybody here would download it

And another thing. Are you able to add units to specific regions, not just India, Europe or America?

Cheers!

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Hi there
    Swiss Halberdier, maybe I'm very fond in scots units, could you put in your mod the Royal Scots Greys, [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Massimo/IMPOST%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
    its very similar to horse granadier but they are the Royal Scots Greys