Page 5 of 165 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.4 now for DM+APE+IS

Highland Clansmen > available for England and recruitable only in Scotland. (custom battle = early)
    I think you mean 'available for Great Britain' no?

Scottish and proud, ta. England's never taken our Country by force and held it.

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.3a (update to DM 1.3)

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    I changed the model of the "Elite Grenadiers". (until I find a better one)
    You should really look into using the model of the men in the lancer cavalry , I think for most factions they are called Uhlars or something similar . They would be perfect .
    "In the early days he lived life with his eyes un-open ,
    conditioned to always go quietly . One day his father went
    off to war . To fight a war for something that is not worth fighting for .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"
    - Verse , Story Of A Free Man - Chapter 1 : The End Of Innocence

Hi SH

Very nice mod add-on. I tried the 1.4 version with IS and it works fine. I also use the Ultimate Artillery sub-mod and experienced the text conflict.
    I merged the two files but have a small correction to the step by step description:

3. Export, import and merge both files. This is by far the most complicated way to do, because until now it isn't possible to simply add new lines into the language file without importing the whole file.

- open the “patch_aum_**_loc_1_4.pack“
    - open the “text” directory
    - click on “localisation.loc” and on the right side does appear the content in a table with three columns
    - click on “Export TSV” to create an exported “TSV” file and save it to a new folder.
    You can call it: “aum_loc.tsv”

- open your other mod file
    - click on “localisation.loc”
    - click on “Export TSV” to create an exported “TSV” file and save it to the same folder as above. You can call it: “name_ of_ mod_loc.tsv”

- open the “aum_loc.tsv” and go to the end of the file. Then copy the last twenty-four lines. I counted and copied 30 lines in the TSV file (For the IS version anyway)
    - open the “name_of_mod_loc.tsv” and paste it under the existing rows. Don't overwrite the other entries and don't change the spacings in this file.
    - save the “name_of_mod_loc.tsv”

- open the “patch_aum_**_loc_1_4.pack“ mod file Should be “patch_name_of_mod_loc.pack”
    - click on “localisation.loc”
    - click on “Import TSV” and add “name_of_mod_loc.tsv” to the pack file. Then save and copy the file to your ETW “data” directory.

Best regards

Iutland

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    Thanks for including APE in your mod adaptations!
    I've been a fan of your work since you started, nice to add variety to the units! Thanks again!
    Thanks for your compliments! That means a lot to me!

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    Do you mean the "highland_clansmen" and the "euro_highlanders"? I think yes
    I will test that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
    Great, a new addition!!
    Have to go home earlier today and download asap
    So I wish you happy playing this evening

Quote Originally Posted by KindredBrujah View Post
    I think you mean 'available for Great Britain' no?
    Scottish and proud, ta. England's never taken our Country by force and held it.
    Changed for the Scottish pride

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomMinja View Post
    You should really look into using the model of the men in the lancer cavalry , I think for most factions they are called Uhlars or something similar . They would be perfect .
    I will check that. In the meantime you could change yours immediately like this:

Open the downloaded "pack" file with the "Pack File Manager" from LtChambers.
    > open the "db" directory and then go to the table "unit_stats_land_tables/aum_units_stats_land". Scroll to the column nr. 8 which is called "Model". There you can change the existing models for every unit. Be sure that you type in a model which is really in there, because otherwise it does a CTD. After that save the pack-file.

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Hi SH
    Very nice mod add-on. I tried the 1.4 version with IS and it works fine. I also use the Ultimate Artillery sub-mod and experienced the text conflict.
    I merged the two files but have a small correction to the step by step description:

- open the “aum_loc.tsv” and go to the end of the file. Then copy the last twenty-four lines. I counted and copied 30 lines in the TSV file (For the IS version anyway)
    - open the “name_of_mod_loc.tsv” and paste it under the existing rows. Don't overwrite the other entries and don't change the spacings in this file.
    - save the “name_of_mod_loc.tsv

- open the patch_aum_**_loc_1_4.pack mod file Should be “patch_name_of_mod_loc.pack”
    - click on “localisation.loc
    - click on “Import TSV” and add “name_of_mod_loc.tsv” to the pack file. Then save and copy the file to your ETW “data” directory.

Best regards
    Iutland
    Thanks for seeing this! I changed both suggestions. Good that the merging of the two files worked for you!

Hmm , Im having a odd problem . But its has nothing to do with changing the models . I already changed the grenadiers elite to the lancer model and they look beautiful . But this has been happening even before I did it . When I go to purchase the troops they have no name , just says (elite infantry) or (grenadiers) . And on the battle map their name is completely blank .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"

Hi there!

I went through a little odyssey yesterday since I changed to 1.4 version including the darthmod 1.4
    I was running my game with an altered unit-factor and in the end I had to backup my preferences.txt

Well, now it runs and I am totally happy. Even if I had to restart my campaign.
    I love the engineers and the Scottish melee guys ...haven't seen much more in the beginning.

Well, I hope you will go on with your superb work and deliver even more units in future!!!

My personal recommendation is still the "Lange Kerls" for Prussia!

Have a nice day and happy modding!!!!

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Icon14 Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.4 now for DM+APE+IS

Good! Compliment to you Swiss Halberdier, very nice, only one thing, maybe I'm wrong but I can't find in Scotland any highlanders unit to recruit, I do not mean Clansmen, but Scottish foot regiment such the ones you can find here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...land_regiments, I mean strong men with pipes, bearskin, kilts and bravery. The strong and solid units that made great British empire. If you could add them, thanks thanks thanks. I am italian but I reckon no italy units were so impressive to be add in etw.

They are there!

Hint: Click on the tech research button! Go for military and click the military buildings with a right click.
    There you will see which units will be accessible with which buildings!

The unit you are looking for is: the "Black Watch" Should be available with the fourth barrack building

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

They are there!

Hint: Click on the tech research button! Go for military and click the military buildings with a right click.
    There you will see which units will be accessible with which buildings!

The unit you are looking for is: the "Black Watch" Should be available with the fourth barrack building

Thanks Takeda

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomMinja View Post
    Hmm , Im having a odd problem . But its has nothing to do with changing the models . I already changed the grenadiers elite to the lancer model and they look beautiful . But this has been happening even before I did it . When I go to purchase the troops they have no name , just says (elite infantry) or (grenadiers) . And on the battle map their name is completely blank .
    Please read the detailed installation instructions. There is a problem with the "language" file.
    Hi there!
    I went through a little odyssey yesterday since I changed to 1.4 version including the darthmod 1.4
    I was running my game with an altered unit-factor and in the end I had to backup my preferences.txt
    Well, now it runs and I am totally happy. Even if I had to restart my campaign.
    I love the engineers and the Scottish melee guys ...haven't seen much more in the beginning.
    Well, I hope you will go on with your superb work and deliver even more units in future!!!
    My personal recommendation is still the "Lange Kerls" for Prussia!
    Have a nice day and happy modding!!!!
    Thanks for your compliments! Until now I didn't include the "Lange Kerls / Prussian Giants" because L33s... "A proper Empire 1.21" has them already in. I did a mini-version for "APE" and if I include "Lange Kerls" too, then you would have two "Lange Kerls"...

I will speak with L33 if I'm allowed to include the "Lange Kerls" for the other 3 versions of my mod.

Which mod do you play? Darthmod / IS / APE?

Thanks for your support by answering the question about the highlanders and the hint about the research tree

Laetus

Why dont you guys join eachother to make one mod instead of three with goodies and minors.

Greetz

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Please read the detailed installation instructions. There is a problem with the "language" file.
    lol , sorry if Im getting annoying . I read your instructions numerous times and Im still pretty confused on how to choose the language to fix this . Mind giving me a quick explanation ?

Edit: Disregard this post , I figured it out . Thanks for everything , this mod is exactly something this game needed . +rep
    Last edited by somerandomMinja; April 23, 2009 at 06:12 PM.

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.5 for DM + APE + IS

Hello to all AUM fans out there,

Today I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.5" in four versions and
    it is fully compatible with “DarthMod 1.5”, "Imperial Splendor 1.068" and "A Proper Empire 1.21".

The units stats are based on the three corresponding major mods and the normal version on the vanilla game.

There are two new custom units included: Mameluks Guards Elite and Janissaries Guards Elite

Like always, I updated the first post with new infos and installation instructions.

Comments, suggestions, problems and balancing issues

If you have any comments, suggestions or problems you can give me feedback here in this thread. Please write which version of my mod do you use.

Because I introduced new versions for three major mods which all have different stats, it is important for me to know if they are balanced.

I hope that you're having fun playing my mod and thank you for downloading it!
    Swiss Halberdier

GREAT!!! Another update

Are these units available by region or by faction?

Well, regarding your question, I play Darthmod ...I didn't even try the rest yet, since I know Darths work since years now and its always worth it.

And of course I help out. It is the least I can do for you.

I will try the new addition right away after work

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

thanks Swiss Halberdier very nice work

despite your admirable work with the skins,i think that i'm not going to download it,i'm not interested in play with 12 new units who are invented or belong to the 19th century.
    regards.

well, which of them is invented???

And which is from the 19th century?

You should be more precise!

...and besides that, you shouldn't play a lot of factions then! Or at all!
    Or did 18th century armies contain only national line infantry?

Hey Swiss

Playing as French, and I've conquered Britain. In Paris I've built the Arc de Triomphe (ultimate barracks) and I can't recruit the additional units when I could with an Army Staff College (or even before that.) In London, however, I can still recruit as many as I want. Maybe check to see if Arc de Triomphe doesn't allow elite units? o.o

Not sure if I'm digging this mod. I like some of the new units, but I don't like the idea of building Swiss units and such in London playing as GB. And Native American units in America such as tribesman and bowmen.