Page 4 of 165 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

joreto's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.3a (update to DM 1.3)

Lol !!! Thank you soooo much GuiltyBoomerang + rep
    &

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyBoomerang View Post
    Hi guys, like to post my experience.

Like a few people, I edited the script file, put the files in, no descriptions.
    Then I noticed this in the installation info:

Now the file is called "aum_en_loc_1_0.pack" (English anyway) and generally a patch file has the prefix "patch_watever.pack"

So what I did was rename it to "patch_aum_en_loc_1_0.pack" and it works!

I didn't want to use Mod Manager, so I did this instead.

@Swiss - great work man, though the unit descriptions could be specific and not copy pasted from other units :p

damn...what an oversight...

Yep, it work's for me too. Hurrah! 3 days I've been trying to sort it. Many thanks mate!

Would love too see an IS version!

Quote Originally Posted by rastabuds View Post
    Hello there sir first i like to say thank you so much for all the wonderful work so far. the units really look top notch. But i am haveing the same problem as many others, no matter what i try i cant the unit text to appear at all. so i even did a full wipe of the game and steam and started fresh. I used only your mod <the one not for darth> as well as the english language file put them both in the data directory <im a computer science major so i know atleast the basic places to put things> still i get nadda. I even tried useing the other one with darths mod still i can get the units just no names at all i even tried the german version file still nada. Any help or insight u may have whould be very welcome. Also i noticed in the mod manager a conflict with the Language file and another patch pack not shure this means anything but just bringing it up
    Thank your for the nice compliment! Yes you are right the "language" file has a conflict with "patch_en.pack" and "local_en.pack". But that has to be so because my "language" file has to overwrite them that the text does appear in game.

The "database" file "aum_mod_1_3a.pack" doesn't conflict with anything.

Hi guys, like to post my experience.
    Like a few people, I edited the script file, put the files in, no descriptions.
    Then I noticed this in the installation info:
    Now the file is called "aum_en_loc_1_0.pack" (English anyway) and generally a patch file has the prefix "patch_watever.pack"
    So what I did was rename it to "patch_aum_en_loc_1_0.pack" and it works!
    I didn't want to use Mod Manager, so I did this instead.
    @Swiss - great work man, though the unit descriptions could be specific and not copy pasted from other units :p
    Hello GuiltyBoomerang,

I have to thank you so much that you figured out what the problem was with the "text" file.

That was really strange that some users couldn't see the texts. I personally used the "aum" without prefix and I always test both language versions before I upload my files.

To all who read this: GIVE THIS MAN HUGE +Rep

As I said it in my "progress and what's next" text I will edit the descriptions for all custom units for sure.

But until now I didn't have the time to do both versions so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
    Would love too see an IS version!
    I have very good news for all of you!

I contacted Quixote (Imperial Splendor) and L33tl4m3r (A Proper Empire) for allowing me to do two special versions for both mods.

If all tests are going good, then I will release "AUM 1.4" for Darthmod, Imperial Splendor and A Proper Empire this week.

Thank you all for your comments and +reps! I'm very pleased that so many people did download my mod.

Cheers from Switzerland
    Swiss Halberdier

Hey, I was playing the game, i used the instant tech to see if i cound use the units quicker, but they didnt pop up and i cant recruit them. Any help? I really want to put them on the Field.
    Last edited by Bacobeno; April 19, 2009 at 06:17 PM.

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

Hey,

Since I dont' use DarthMod, I've been trying to get this to work with just the vanilla game. I edited the stats and such using the PackManager, and the units show up fine and dandy.

But I can't get the text to appear, like a lot of others. Even with the new patch_blah_blah_blah.pack file doesn't seem to work for me. I tried adding all the new descriptions and such to the localisation.loc file in the official CA patch_en.pack, but the text still won't show. Anyone got any hints or clues?

The units are awesome, I just wish I could see their names and such in the game
    Let me persuade you with my powerful logic skills.

In light of the Total War series, a quote from the theologian whom I respect the most:

The Heavenly City outshines Rome, beyond comparison. There, instead of victory, is truth; instead of high rank, holiness.
    St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

I got a great idea to improve your mod . For the Grenadier elites , use the model from lancer cavalry units rather than the drummer model . Im not going to lie , they seem a bit clownish . With the lancer cavalry model they will have a nice aggressive feel .
    "In the early days he lived life with his eyes un-open ,
    conditioned to always go quietly . One day his father went
    off to war . To fight a war for something that is not worth fighting for .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"
    - Verse , Story Of A Free Man - Chapter 1 : The End Of Innocence

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post

I have to thank you so much that you figured out what the problem was with the "text" file.

That was really strange that some users couldn't see the texts. I personally used the "aum" without prefix and I always test both language versions before I upload my files.

Swiss Halberdier
    No problem man, we're all here to help the community :-)

joreto's Avatar Tiro

Hi Will AUM 1.3 be compatible with DarthMod 1.4 ?
    &

Quote Originally Posted by joreto View Post
    It is at the moment :p

joreto's Avatar Tiro

Thank you
    &

saw this in the original post-

"- All grenades are removed from the Grenadiers. If it’s possible to mod the amount of grenades, then I'll add it back."

how would I go about giving grenades back to grenadiers?

If you haven't already see if you can chop the models for the British marines in for something like the Line Infantry model, they were not beef eaters lol

could you please this unit, it would just make the game perfect for me please reply

Last edited by Lord Philip; April 20, 2009 at 12:30 PM.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Plz add highlanders and highland shooters to all goverment levels in scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Bacobeno View Post
    Hey, I was playing the game, i used the instant tech to see if i cound use the units quicker, but they didnt pop up and i cant recruit them. Any help? I really want to put them on the Field.
    Open the downloaded "pack" file with the "Pack File Manager" from LtChambers.
    > open the "db" directory and then go to the table "unit_required_technology_junctions". There you can delete each entry you want. After that save the pack-file.
    Quote Originally Posted by hitokiri2486 View Post
    Hey, Since I dont' use DarthMod, I've been trying to get this to work with just the vanilla game. I edited the stats and such using the PackManager, and the units show up fine and dandy. But I can't get the text to appear, like a lot of others. Even with the new patch_blah_blah_blah.pack file doesn't seem to work for me. I tried adding all the new descriptions and such to the localisation.loc file in the official CA patch_en.pack, but the text still won't show. Anyone got any hints or clues?
    The units are awesome, I just wish I could see their names and such in the game
    Try the new 1.4 release "aum_mod_1_4.zip" and "patch_aum_en_loc_1_4.zip".

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomMinja View Post
    I got a great idea to improve your mod . For the Grenadier elites , use the model from lancer cavalry units rather than the drummer model . Im not going to lie , they seem a bit clownish . With the lancer cavalry model they will have a nice aggressive feel .
    I changed the model of the "Elite Grenadiers". (until I find a better one)

No problem man, we're all here to help the community :-)
    Yes, TWC is the best social community for Total War Games.

Quote Originally Posted by joreto View Post
    Each time a newer version of "Darthmod" comes out, I have to edit the stats for re-balancing my mod. In the meantime you can use the "older" AUM release without any problems. They are all up- and downwards compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
    saw this in the original post-
    "- All grenades are removed from the Grenadiers. If it’s possible to mod the amount of grenades, then I'll add it back." how would I go about giving grenades back to grenadiers?
    Open the downloaded "pack" file with the "Pack File Manager" from LtChambers.
    > open the "db" directory and then go to the table "unit_stats_land_tables/units_stats_land". Scroll to the right until you see a column called "Can throw grenades". There you can change "false" to "true". After that save the pack-file.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Philip View Post
    could you please this unit, it would just make the game perfect for me please reply

Hello Lord Philip, these guys are looking great! If you make a texture I would include it. Unfortunately I'm not a skinner/modeler/textures editor... Until now I didn't have the time to make new textures. I will contact several "skinners" who already released some textures if I could use them within my mod.

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    Plz add highlanders and highland shooters to all goverment levels in scotland
    Do you mean the "highland_clansmen" and the "euro_highlanders"?

********************************************************************************************************************

Hello to all AUM fans out there,

Today I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.4" in four versions and
    it is now fully compatible with “DarthMod 1.4”, "Imperial Splendor 1.067" and "A Proper Empire 1.21".

The units stats are based on the corresponding mods.

There are two new custom units included: Fusiliers and Pioneers

Like always, I updated the first post with new infos and installation instructions.

Comments, suggestions, problems and balancing issues

If you have any comments, suggestions or problems you can give me feedback here in this thread. Please write which version of my mod do you use.

Because I introduced new versions for three major mods which all have different stats, it is important for me to know if they are balanced.

I hope that you're having fun playing my mod and thank you for downloading it!
    Swiss Halberdier

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.4 now for DM+APE+IS

Thanks for including APE in your mod adaptations!

I've been a fan of your work since you started, nice to add variety to the units! Thanks again!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Do you mean the "highland_clansmen" and the "euro_highlanders"?

********************************************************************************************************************
    I think yes

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.4 now for DM+APE+IS

Great, a new addition!!

Have to go home earlier today and download asap