Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

  1. #3141

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Just a quick question. Is AUM-EMP 3.5 compatible with APE:TI? Just started playing this again so not sure. Thanks.

  2. #3142

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    PopLocknHots;
    pder is an abbreviation for pounder; a 12 pounder is a gun that fires a round shot that weighs 12 pounds (12lbs). During that time period the abbreviation Lbs would not have been used for artillery. So Swiss Halberdier simply followed the way it was done in those days.
    Yes ordoprinceps is correct and thanks for pointing this out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robleau2 View Post
    Just a quick question. Is AUM-EMP 3.5 compatible with APE:TI? Just started playing this again so not sure. Thanks.
    I supported until AUM-EMP 3.2 also APE:TI and Imperial Splendour with special AUM-EMP versions, but after then I couldn't handle anymore the amount of work to produce four special AUM-EMP versions. Therefore AUM-EMP 3.5 is only available for vanilla and Darthmod.

    But you can use the AUM-EMP 3.5 vanilla version together with APE:TI and it should fully work. Of course the balance is not fully adapted to APE:TI, but technically it still works fine. You don't even need to start a new campaign if you install AUM-EMP later.

    You need to use the latest UPC-EMP language project file together with AUM-EMP too. The link is in my signature.

    If all goes good, then I will release AUM-EMP 3.6 until the next week. As always it will be fully compatible with older save games and you can play your campaigns further with no problems.

  3. #3143

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

    Hello AUM-EMP players,

    I released AUM-EMP 3.6.

    AUM-EMP 3.6 is fully save game compatible and you don't need to start a new campaign. You can continue your campaign.

    Changelog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    - fully save game compatible
    - balancing optimizations
    - fixed the wrong unit size of the "Grenadiers de France" and adjusted several other unit sizes
    - increased the units limits of several custom units
    - adjusted several unit-to-factions assignments of the custom and vanilla units in the campaigns and the custom battle screen
    - adjusted several unit-to-buildings assignments of the custom and vanilla units in the campaigns
    - adjusted the availability of the custom and vanilla merchant ships in the campaigns
    - optimized the general recruitment priorities of the AI
    - splitted and sorted several database tables in terms of my own custom units and the adjusted vanilla units for a better overview

    I updated the first post with new information. I added an example of the file user.empire_script.txt to the download for new players.

    AUM-EMP on Mediafire

    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/v9a...7/AUM%20Empire

    AUM-EMP on Moddb

    http://www.moddb.com/mods/aum/#6289912

    The UPC-EMP language file is mandatory to display the unit names and descriptions.

    Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP)

    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340442

    UPC language files

    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8f1...nguage%20files

    Thanks a lot to ordoprinceps, plissken3 and RedOctaNe02 for testing.

    Enjoy AUM-EMP
    Swiss Halberdier

  4. #3144

    Default Re: AUM-EMP ORNAMENTUM UNITS

    Swiss Halberdier,
    It was an honor to be a tester of this Mod! This is the most fantastic units mod ever for Empire. This mod breathes new life into an old game. There is no way to calculate how many tens of thousands of hours of pure gaming joy you and all your contributors have given to countless tens of thousands! Thanks for this tumultuous work!! Plus Rep!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

  5. #3145

    Default Re: AUM-EMP ORNAMENTUM UNITS

    Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    Swiss Halberdier,
    It was an honor to be a tester of this Mod! This is the most fantastic units mod ever for Empire. This mod breathes new life into an old game. There is no way to calculate how many tens of thousands of hours of pure gaming joy you and all your contributors have given to countless tens of thousands! Thanks for this tumultuous work!! Plus Rep!
    Thanks a lot for your nice words my friend. I would like to thank you also very much for your time and testing work! +rep too mate

    After 8 years my mod is still being played and that's really nice. I wish to all AUM-EMP players much fun with it.

  6. #3146
    Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,844

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

    Congratulations on the 3.6 release of this amazing mod!

    It's good to have a changelog, showing what changes were made. Would you be willing to say a bit more about the thinking behind the changes in the current version? For example, what was your approach to the balancing optimizations and what sort of changes were made? You mentioned changes to the AI recruitment priorities, how will AI armies be different with version 3.6?

  7. #3147

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Congratulations on the 3.6 release of this amazing mod!

    It's good to have a changelog, showing what changes were made. Would you be willing to say a bit more about the thinking behind the changes in the current version? For example, what was your approach to the balancing optimizations and what sort of changes were made? You mentioned changes to the AI recruitment priorities, how will AI armies be different with version 3.6?
    Thanks Alwyn

    The balancing optimizations were made across several custom units and primarily lots of minor changes. Too many to list all detailed. But the overall approach was to separate the Elite and the weaker units a bit more apart from each other. And also to put some custom units a bit better into relation to the core vanilla units. The Marines units received also some changes and they are used now stats-wise more like Elite units like Guards or Grenadiers.

    Basically in Empire it isn't possible to especially specify which faction should recruit which specific unit. But it is possible to change values within a database table (aum_unit_class_to_population_class_priorities) which specifies which unit-classes the AI will prefer to recruit (only a few mentioned here like: infantry_elite/line/grenadiers/light/skirmishers, cavarly_heavy/light/lancers).

    Also it is possible to determine which population classes like lower/middle/upper classes will be more likely to recruit certain unit-classes. For example the lower population classes (the poor ones) will be more likely to recruit Milita and irregular units which are less expensive, but the upper population classes (the rich ones) will be more likely to recruit Elite units like Guards, Grenadiers and Heavy Cavalry which are more expensive.

    These AI recruitment changes regarding to AUM-EMP 3.5 are not drastically different, but I tweaked several values regarding this system.

    But of course the whole recruitment of the AI also depends about how many money the AI has to spend, if it has researched a required technology, if it owns the correct region and if it has built the correct building.

    And as I wrote all these changes will be applied also to ongoing campaigns and it isn't needed to start a new campaign.

  8. #3148

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

    Yes my sincere thanks Swiss.
    This was my first "must have" mod I plopped into my data folder, when I started playing ETW. Years later, it still is there,

    Friends always, thanks
    Brian

    Push on, brave York volunteers

  9. #3149

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

    Quote Originally Posted by Major General Isaac Brock View Post
    Yes my sincere thanks Swiss.
    This was my first "must have" mod I plopped into my data folder, when I started playing ETW. Years later, it still is there,

    Friends always, thanks
    Brian
    Thanks a lot Brian! I know you're a true AUM veteran since years.

  10. #3150
    plissken3's Avatar Decanus
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In Scotland & In My Bedroom
    Posts
    565

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

    Hi all - yes great work to Swiss and contributors - AUM mods have been going for so many years, and hopefully many more. I have been playing since release and i am always excited upon a new update, as who isn't and testing has been a blast, getting to see first hand the new things in an update before anyone else must be a perk lol, and then thinking to yourself that you are part of a great mod that so many users play can give you a renewed purpose, and that so many grateful players are playing a base total war game for this long due to mods that one had a part in, can still warm ones heart and modders are the ones who have saved the "Total War" franchise many times.

    I salute you Swiss on your success and i hope that AUM mods continue to be what all modders learn from, quality, continued updates and accessibility, and so far you have done everything and not forgetting the players too
    REP to you dear friend (soon lol) +REP added
    Last edited by plissken3; October 29, 2017 at 08:58 PM.
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

  11. #3151

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

    Quote Originally Posted by plissken3 View Post
    Hi all - yes great work to Swiss and contributors - AUM mods have been going for so many years, and hopefully many more. I have been playing since release and i am always excited upon a new update, as who isn't and testing has been a blast, getting to see first hand the new things in an update before anyone else must be a perk lol, and then thinking to yourself that you are part of a great mod that so many users play can give you a renewed purpose, and that so many grateful players are playing a base total war game for this long due to mods that one had a part in, can still warm ones heart and modders are the ones who have saved the "Total War" franchise many times.

    I salute you Swiss on your success and i hope that AUM mods continue to be what all modders learn from, quality, continued updates and accessibility, and so far you have done everything and not forgetting the players too
    REP to you dear friend (soon lol)
    Huge thanks to you also my dear friend for your very nice words It was a pleasure to let you test my recent work and you're a big part of the AUM team since years. +rep too mate

    Yes when I started to mod back in 2009, I didn't thought that the AUM/UPC franchise would grow over 5 games and that after so many years these mods are still used and appreciated by many players.

  12. #3152
    plissken3's Avatar Decanus
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In Scotland & In My Bedroom
    Posts
    565

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

    Thank you ))))
    2009 wow seems long ago - AUM/UPC franchise has lasted nearly as long as Total War games lol
    5 games later and still the need for AUM/UPC awesome, used and appreciated by so many - thank you for making our Total War experience much better
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

  13. #3153

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

    Hello, I think I've got a problem and was wondering if there'd be any help on this forum.

    I've downloaded AUM and followed the instructions given without encountering any crashes or errors, but no new units show up ingame.

    Any idea what could be wrong? Am I missing something?

  14. #3154

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

    Quote Originally Posted by Bebus View Post
    Hello, I think I've got a problem and was wondering if there'd be any help on this forum.

    I've downloaded AUM and followed the instructions given without encountering any crashes or errors, but no new units show up ingame.

    Any idea what could be wrong? Am I missing something?
    Welcome to the forum Bebus

    I suggest to check the custom battle screen and there you should see instantly lots of custom units to choose from.

    But of course in the campaign are not all units instantly available. I listed all requirements for all units and ships very detailed in the first post in the section "Recruitment and technology requirements of all custom units and ships". Also several units are only available in specific regions and this requirement is listed after the unit name.

    I know it is a lot to read, but I listed every detail about AUM-EMP in the first and second post of this thread.

  15. #3155

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

    Swiss, I'm not positive but I believe there actually may be a problem with units not showing up. As you know, I have used your mod a lot, and that really means "a lot" !! When I started this last campaign here a couple days ago, I recruited a couple Scottish Highland regiments out of Edinburgh. They had a fixed number of 0 out of 10 at the time. Something told me I should order more, but I didnt. As soon as I built the next level barracks type building those same Highlanders were gone, and of course I immediately regretted not getting extra. Later after another upgrade or so they were back again. I remember this happening before to me with others, but I cant give you exact units, except these last highland troops for sure. Of course I will look for others going forward from now on, but I beleive there maybe a little problem with some units and their availability in certain upgrades.

    I dont know how these are unlocked, once they are, do they stay forever or do you have to list them somewhere again and again every upgraded building ?

    Thats what I mean, maybe some units are forgotten to be added in certain cases that makes it look like they disappear for awhile and skip an upgarde or so

    Not complaining you realize just throwing out this idea because I thought about it with the earlier comments, but I know it happened to me for sure.
    Last edited by Major General Isaac Brock; November 13, 2017 at 01:23 AM. Reason: spelling

    Push on, brave York volunteers

  16. #3156

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

    Quote Originally Posted by Major General Isaac Brock View Post
    Swiss, I'm not positive but I believe there actually may be a problem with units not showing up. As you know, I have used your mod a lot, and that really means "a lot" !! When I started this last campaign here a couple days ago, I recruited a couple Scottish Highland regiments out of Edinburgh. They had a fixed number of 0 out of 10 at the time. Something told me I should order more, but I didnt. As soon as I built the next level barracks type building those same Highlanders were gone, and of course I immediately regretted not getting extra. Later after another upgrade or so they were back again. I remember this happening before to me with others, but I cant give you exact units, except these last highland troops for sure. Of course I will look for others going forward from now on, but I beleive there maybe a little problem with some units and their availability in certain upgrades.

    I dont know how these are unlocked, once they are, do they stay forever or do you have to list them somewhere again and again every upgraded building ?

    Thats what I mean, maybe some units are forgotten to be added in certain cases that makes it look like they disappear for awhile and skip an upgarde or so

    Not complaining you realize just throwing out this idea because I thought about it with the earlier comments, but I know it happened to me for sure.
    Hello Brian, absolutely no problem and I'm glad if someone is pointing out an issue in AUM-EMP which probably can be fixed.

    Basically if an unit requires a certain technology and the player researched this technology, then this unit will be unlocked forever. But as you pointed it out, if there is a building missing within my database table, then it can't be recruited.

    A very rare but wanted "removal" of certain units is only if for example your government was first "Monarchy", then you can recruit several "Royal *" units depending on the faction if the faction has some "Royal *" units to recruit. Then if you switch to the government "Republic", these "Royal *" units can't be recruited anymore as intented. They don't disappear instantly from your armies, but they are "non-reinforcable".

    Here is a quick review of all Scottish custom units and I added basically all needed buildings.

    So with which one of these did you encounter this issue and which AUM-EMP version (vanilla/Darthmod) do you use?

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Scottish Line Infantry

    Internal database ID:
    scottish_line_infantry

    region: scotland
    required technology: military_army_plug_bayonet

    drill_school
    army_board
    military_academy
    army_staff_college
    minor_magistrate
    minor_governors_residence
    magistrate
    governors_residence

    Scottish Highland Independent Company

    Internal database ID:
    ornamentum_infantry_british_highlanders_independent

    region: scotland
    required technology: military_army_plug_bayonet

    drill_school
    army_board
    military_academy
    army_staff_college

    Highlander Warband

    Internal database ID:
    highlander_warband

    region: scotland
    no required technology

    drill_school
    army_board
    military_academy
    army_staff_college
    governors_residence
    magistrate
    minor_governors_residence
    minor_magistrate

  17. #3157

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

    Hi, I have been using Imperial destroyer and it looks like this mod is in it. However, I dont see many of your units in game. Is it because Lordsith did not allow the units for some factions? I remember playing prussia with darthmod and having a bunch of your new units. but I dont see any now in this mod. There are still a lot of other units but I love your units so much.

    Here is a link to the specific pack file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aP...NopvvGtd2YpJG2

    Could you please take a look and maybe when you have time edit this to unlock your units like how you had it before? I would do it myself but I am not familiar with unit exclusion stuff yet. Thanks so much.
    Last edited by Cody712; November 21, 2017 at 04:01 PM.

  18. #3158

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody712 View Post
    Hi, I have been using Imperial destroyer and it looks like this mod is in it. However, I dont see many of your units in game. Is it because Lordsith did not allow the units for some factions? I remember playing prussia with darthmod and having a bunch of your new units. but I dont see any now in this mod. There are still a lot of other units but I love your units so much.

    Here is a link to the specific pack file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aP...NopvvGtd2YpJG2

    Could you please take a look and maybe when you have time edit this to unlock your units like how you had it before? I would do it myself but I am not familiar with unit exclusion stuff yet. Thanks so much.
    Hi Cody,
    I don't know which AUM-EMP version number Lord Sith integrated into Imperial Destroyer and if he uses my newest updates or not. I don't support normally any other versions than my official ones as it would take too much time. So the modder who uses my units is normally responsible for the support of his mods.

    At the moment I'm highly busy while preparing an update of AUM-NAP and then comes the new Rome 2 patch/DLC and I need to check and prepare the UPC-ROM and AUM-ROM too. So my time is very limited, but I write here a little tutorial which is probably also useful for others.

    If you want to start to edit unit packs, then you could read my little tutorial here and it is a good start for modifying unit packs.

    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...Unit_Pack_Mods

    From what you describe it seems that Lord Sith modified these two AUM-EMP database tables:

    units_to_exlusive_faction_permissions_tables/aum_units_to_exlusive_faction_permissions
    units_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables/aum_units_to_groupings_military_permissions


    It isn't that hard to modify these two tables and you need the Pack File Manager from here:

    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?759230


    I recommend to always create a backup of any pack files before you edit them, just in case it doesn't work as intented.

    1. download my AUM-EMP vanilla version "aum_emp_mod.pack" from Mediafire
    2. open PFM and select ETW in the "Game" tab
    3. open the Imperial Destroyer pack file
    4. search for the two tables described above and right click and select delete (it could be that not both are in there)
    5. right click on the parent directory "units_to_exlusive_faction_permissions_tables" (do the same for the other db table units_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables later)
    6. select "Add" > "From Pack" and select "aum_emp_mod.pack" and then select the related db table and add it
    7. save the Imperial Destroyer pack file

    Then you have again the original AUM-EMP unit assignments.

  19. #3159

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

    Hey, got it to work, Thanks. Only small problem is the unit card for shotgunners and garrison guards are blank. Going to paste the icons from ui in to the pack.

    Edit: pasted in the icons and everything works good now.
    Last edited by Cody712; November 21, 2017 at 10:34 PM.

  20. #3160

    Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.6 - updated 21.10.17

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody712 View Post
    Hey, got it to work, Thanks. Only small problem is the unit card for shotgunners and garrison guards are blank. Going to paste the icons from ui in to the pack.

    Edit: pasted in the icons and everything works good now.
    Great that it works now after including the icons into the special Imperial Destroyer file.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •