Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

ariete's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.4 - updated 13.2.15

hi swiss, simply when i installed the game (OS winXP SP3 32bit), it didn't create this path
    C:\Users\Yourusername\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    so basically i don't know how proceed

sorry for double posts but i can't edit the message.
    do i have to create this path manually?
    C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Quote Originally Posted by ariete View Post
    sorry for double posts but i can't edit the message.
    do i have to create this path manually?
    C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    No this folder should be created automatically.

Please try the following:

- Go to the settings in your Windows Explorer
    - Go to the "Folder Options" > Tab "View"
    - Scroll down until you see "Hidden Folders and Files"
    - There you can enable "Hidden Folders, Files and Drives"

yes swiss, sorry, how many times this was wrote !! ...
    i had some free time to study a bit the situation, reading from the various posts here in this forum.
    because i'm newbi and i didn't know nothing about how add resources or make work mods.
    i couldn't edit the message because i'm newbi, anyway thank you to have reply me and the usual kindness of the big person in life and in what they do.
    thank you for your works.

hi, i would use a mod which allow me to play minor factions. what's the most suitable with AUM-EMP 3.4? thank you

yes swiss, sorry, how many times this was wrote !! ...
    i had some free time to study a bit the situation, reading from the various posts here in this forum.
    because i'm newbi and i didn't know nothing about how add resources or make work mods.
    i couldn't edit the message because i'm newbi, anyway thank you to have reply me and the usual kindness of the big person in life and in what they do.
    thank you for your works.
    hi, i would use a mod which allow me to play minor factions. what's the most suitable with AUM-EMP 3.4? thank you
    Thanks ariete and good that it works now for you!

Unfortunately I can't recommend a minor factions mod to you as I didn't used any minor factions mods. But several AUM-EMP units can be recruited by minor factions and it should work without problems.

Hi I don't think this mod is working for me. I have tried it on vanilla. I downloaded and placed aum_emp_mod.pack into the data folder. I then changed the script file to reflect there was this mod there mod "aum_emp_mod.pack". I did this in notepad and saved it there. I have seen that you have to save this in Unicode but not sure what that is. I then added the .unit_pack_compatibility_project_empire_v6_7_english.pack into the data folder.

When I commence to play I get the vanilla units. Do these AUM items include straight away on the campaign?
    A rout was prevented by Hopton's stalwart Cornish foot regiments posted to support the flanks of the cavalry as they withdrew. The Cornishmen held their ground and succeeded in holding off the Parliamentarian attack.
    By mid-afternoon, the Royalist infantry had gained a foothold on the hilltop. The Cornish pikemen formed into a defensive line and succeeded in holding off counter-attacks by the Parliamentarian cavalry
    Lansdown 1643

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Boar View Post
    Hi I don't think this mod is working for me. I have tried it on vanilla. I downloaded and placed aum_emp_mod.pack into the data folder. I then changed the script file to reflect there was this mod there mod "aum_emp_mod.pack". I did this in notepad and saved it there. I have seen that you have to save this in Unicode but not sure what that is. I then added the .unit_pack_compatibility_project_empire_v6_7_english.pack into the data folder.
    When I commence to play I get the vanilla units. Do these AUM items include straight away on the campaign?
    Yes exactly you need to edit the file user.empire_script.txt in this folder:C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

mod aum_emp_mod.pack;

Yes you did it right to also install the mandatory UPC-EMP language file as otherwise no unit names would be displayed and also Empire would crash at the game start. Unfortunately this is a problem which older TW games like Empire and Napoleon have.

If you open the user.empire_script.txt with a text editor, then you can save it as UNICODE.

File > Save as > Coding (at the bottom of the displayed box) > choose UNICODE

There are several coding systems for normal text files like ANSI or UNICODE and it determines what type of characters are supported. All TW games only support the coding UNICODE related to these start script files. If this file isn't saved in UNICODE, then the related TW game doesn't recognize the content of the file.

You should see all AUM-EMP directly in the custom battle screen and they are also available if you load a save-game or start a new campaign.

same to me when was !
    because at first, i renamed the file user.empire_script.user (default name of the txt file) to user.empire_script
    i launched the game and was still vanilla, so then, i made this combination to make it runs :
    1 i renamed the txt file in \scripts hidden folder to user.empire_script.txt2 i re-launched the game but was still vanilla !
    3 so, i renamed the file user.empire_script.txt again, deleting .txt to the name4 i launched the game and i had AUM.. i did so to make it works !
    (if you want check if you're saving the txt file in unicode format, make -save with name- and check in the option if it would be in unicode format, that already selected, but it's)
    SWISS : swedish pike on foot don't look as those showed in ornamentum. is it possible you didn't consider them? because i tried also the alternaive graphic pack but not

same to me when was !
    because at first, i renamed the file user.empire_script.user (default name of the txt file) to user.empire_script
    i launched the game and was still vanilla, so then, i made this combination to make it runs :
    1 i renamed the txt file in \scripts hidden folder to user.empire_script.txt2 i re-launched the game but was still vanilla !
    3 so, i renamed the file user.empire_script.txt again, deleting .txt to the name4 i launched the game and i had AUM.. i did so to make it works !(if you want check if you're saving the txt file in unicode format, make -save with name- and check in the option if it would be in unicode format, that already selected, but it's)
    SWISS : swedish pike on foot don't look as those showed in ornamentum. is it possible you didn't consider them? because i tried also the alternaive graphic pack but not
    Good that it works now

It could be that your Windows Explorer doesn't show the file extensions like .txt. This can be activated in the "Folder Options" of the Windows Explorer.

Please try the following:

- Go to the settings in your Windows Explorer
    - Go to the "Folder Options" > Tab "View"
    - Scroll down until you see "Hidden Folders and Files"
    - There you can enable "Hidden Folders, Files and Drives"

In your case the file would be called "internally" user.empire_script.txt.txt if you add another .txt, but you would only see user.empire_script.txt in your Windows Explorer. So after you deleted the "second" .txt you would see user.empire_script in your Windows Explorer. Then it works as the "internal" file name is the correct user.empire_script.txt.

All Ornamentum units are activated by default and I didn't experience this issue, but I will check this. Please try the ORNAMENTUM Historical Battle - Northern War - Poltava.

playing in the battle of Leipzing (if i don't wrong) swedish pike units are those in ornamentum, poltava doesn't have pike units for swedish (at least, in normal difficulty).
    sorry swiss, i had to be more explicit : i meant in the swedish campaign, i can't recruit the swedish pike units from ornamentum but standard pike. does it's possible? or do i need some specific entertainment building in the region, level of barrack in the town or a certain technology?
    playing a campaign with prussia, for example, i have at start, a regiment of standard pike units, but i can't recruit more of those kinf of pike (standard), i can recruit just swiss pike from east prussia because there's in that region a - coaching inn -
    ... sorry swiss, perplexity by a newbi ..
    thank you for the great work
    (i check militia upkeep cost is much appropiate/consistent rather than vanilla ! ... or i've already forgot how vanilla was .. )
    ciao (maybe you speak italian too .. swiss )

playing in the battle of Leipzing (if i don't wrong) swedish pike units are those in ornamentum, poltava doesn't have pike units for swedish (at least, in normal difficulty).
    sorry swiss, i had to be more explicit : i meant in the swedish campaign, i can't recruit the swedish pike units from ornamentum but standard pike. does it's possible? or do i need some specific entertainment building in the region, level of barrack in the town or a certain technology?
    playing a campaign with prussia, for example, i have at start, a regiment of standard pike units, but i can't recruit more of those kinf of pike (standard), i can recruit just swiss pike from east prussia because there's in that region a - coaching inn -
    ... sorry swiss, perplexity by a newbi ..
    thank you for the great work
    (i check militia upkeep cost is much appropiate/consistent rather than vanilla ! ... or i've already forgot how vanilla was .. )
    ciao (maybe you speak italian too .. swiss )
    Yes I understand Italian and I speak also a little bit. But here on the forums we should communicate in English.

The special Swedish Poltava Ornamentum units are available in the custom battle screen if you select the time-frame "early". The special Swedish Poltava Pike unit is recruitable with this building: minor_magistrate

The Modding Award winners of 2015 have been announced.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ners-Announced

Thanks a lot to all voters and for this great honor!

I can't say any release date yet, but there will be updates and I will continue to support AUM-EMP in the future.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

My tests of the new AUM-EMP version are going well. If all my changes work good, then the release of the new version will be next week.

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.5 - updated 10.12.16

Hello AUM-EMP players,

I released AUM-EMP 3.5.

AUM-EMP 3.5 is fully save game compatible and you don't need to start a new campaign. You can continue your campaign.

Changelog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- fully save game compatible
    - small balancing changes
    - optimizations related to several custom units and fixed some minor issues
    - fixed some unit-to-factions assignments
    - increased the units limits of several custom units
    - changes related to several custom units which are only available in some government types (they are now "non reinforcible" instead of being destroyed)
    - optimized the general recruitment priorities of the AI

I updated the first post with new information. I added an example of the file user.empire_script.txt to the download for new players.

AUM-EMP on Mediafire

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/v9a...7/AUM%20Empire

AUM-EMP on Moddb

http://www.moddb.com/mods/aum/#6289912

The UPC-EMP language file is mandatory to display the unit names and descriptions.

Unit Pack Compatibility Project - Empire (UPC-EMP)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340442

UPC language files

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8f1...nguage%20files

Cheers and enjoy AUM-EMP
    Swiss Halberdier

Do I have to re-do the Unicode script when updating or can I just leave it like before?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody712 View Post
    Do I have to re-do the Unicode script when updating or can I just leave it like before?
    You can leave the script file like it was before. I included the example script basically just for new players who install AUM-EMP for the first time.

Ok thanks for the update

So I need to delete the old UPC english 6.3, then replace it with the new UPC? They have different names so I am just making sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody712 View Post
    So I need to delete the old UPC english 6.3, then replace it with the new UPC? They have different names so I am just making sure.
    Yes exactly please remove the old file unit_pack_compatibility_project_empire*.pack and copy the new file UPC_*.pack into your Empire data folder.

Ok it's working, thanks.