Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.4 - updated 13.2.15

Quote Originally Posted by Vanders View Post
    I just used the Great Cannon in a battle, the firepower! These are some brilliant and much needed additions to the game.

I have one small texture bug on my Regiment of Horse. The texture is stretched on the belly of the units with white cloth (as opposed to yellowish-white), is this a known small bug?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There is a re-texture of the British Regiment of Horse unit included in my optional Graphics pack made by Legofingers and yes it's a known issue.

Hello! I have to say, i'm really enjoying this mod, certainly a classic! However, I have two quick questions:

1. I'm using Darthmod 8.0.1, and when I went to copy the DME_AUM pack file into the data directory, I saw that there was already a DME_AUM pack file in there. I assume that was an older version, so we should replace it when copying, right?

2. I noticed that when the mod is enabled in darthmod 8.0.1, I can't adjust the research rate speed: It will just stay the same. Is this intentional, or did I screw up on the install?

Regardless, thank you so much for your hard work. It is appreciated! (sorry if these questions were already asked somewhere)

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Is there any units for the Marathas?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord of the Flies View Post
    Hello! I have to say, i'm really enjoying this mod, certainly a classic! However, I have two quick questions:
    1. I'm using Darthmod 8.0.1, and when I went to copy the DME_AUM pack file into the data directory, I saw that there was already a DME_AUM pack file in there. I assume that was an older version, so we should replace it when copying, right?
    2. I noticed that when the mod is enabled in darthmod 8.0.1, I can't adjust the research rate speed: It will just stay the same. Is this intentional, or did I screw up on the install?
    Regardless, thank you so much for your hard work. It is appreciated! (sorry if these questions were already asked somewhere)
    Thanks a lot! Yes you can replace the original DME_AUM.pack with my current AUM-EMP 3.4 Darthmod version. And I recommend to use also my current UPC-EMP language file and remove DM's own language file (create a backup of this file before removing).

This is strange that the research rate speed is blocked somehow. As AUM-EMP doesn't change anything to the Darthmod core gameplay mechanics. I didn't have this issue yet and also no reports have been made. If you de-activate AUM-EMP again, then it works fine?

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.Q.R View Post
    Is there any units for the Marathas?
    Yes there are several unlocked vanilla units available for the factions of India. Please check my "Vanilla units unlocked for several factions" section on the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Thanks a lot! Yes you can replace the original DME_AUM.pack with my current AUM-EMP 3.4 Darthmod version. And I recommend to use also my current UPC-EMP language file and remove DM's own language file (create a backup of this file before removing).

This is strange that the research rate speed is blocked somehow. As AUM-EMP doesn't change anything to the Darthmod core gameplay mechanics. I didn't have this issue yet and also no reports have been made. If you de-activate AUM-EMP again, then it works fine?

Yes there are several unlocked vanilla units available for the factions of India. Please check my "Vanilla units unlocked for several factions" section on the first post.

1 ) Ah, good, that means I installed it correctly, and I'll give the UPC-EMP a try too, but all the names seem to be showing up splendidly rn!

2) Yeah, I figured out why the research rate was on the fritz: Turns out that I forgot that DME script already had the lines "mod DME_AUM.pack; mod DME_darthmod.pack;" and I was essentially entering them again through the launcher, so the script had these lines twice, and that was causing the research error... Whoops!

There's actually one more question I had, if its not too much trouble:

I noticed that you said you disabled the grenades of your new custom grenadiers, but that you made the grenadier units have the same number of troops as regular infantry to compensate? In my Darthmod 8.0.1 game, however, the custom grenadiers still have 250 men, just like the vanilla grenadiers. Did I mess up the install in some way?

Thanks again for your help and attentiveness!

1 ) Ah, good, that means I installed it correctly, and I'll give the UPC-EMP a try too, but all the names seem to be showing up splendidly rn!

2) Yeah, I figured out why the research rate was on the fritz: Turns out that I forgot that DME script already had the lines "mod DME_AUM.pack; mod DME_darthmod.pack;" and I was essentially entering them again through the launcher, so the script had these lines twice, and that was causing the research error... Whoops!

There's actually one more question I had, if its not too much trouble:

I noticed that you said you disabled the grenades of your new custom grenadiers, but that you made the grenadier units have the same number of troops as regular infantry to compensate? In my Darthmod 8.0.1 game, however, the custom grenadiers still have 250 men, just like the vanilla grenadiers. Did I mess up the install in some way?

Thanks again for your help and attentiveness!
    Good that you solved this research problem and thanks for the information as I didn't know this yet.

Yes the custom grenadiers should have now the same number of troops as the regular infantry. It could be that you activated a Darthmod script which enhances the general number of troops.
    Unfortunately manually installed mods like my AUM-EMP don't recognize the stuff which can be adjusted if you choose the several scripts in the Darthmod menu. Only the "internal" mods recognize these scripts.

I made a basic tutorial for all players about how to customize unit packs here:

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...Unit_Pack_Mods

Please check there the information about "How to add "grenades" back to Grenadiers" and "How to change the unit size".

Good that you solved this research problem and thanks for the information as I didn't know this yet.

Yes the custom grenadiers should have now the same number of troops as the regular infantry. It could be that you activated a Darthmod script which enhances the general number of troops.
    Unfortunately manually installed mods like my AUM-EMP don't recognize the stuff which can be adjusted if you choose the several scripts in the Darthmod menu. Only the "internal" mods recognize these scripts.

I made a basic tutorial for all players about how to customize unit packs here:

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...Unit_Pack_Mods

Please check there the information about "How to add "grenades" back to Grenadiers" and "How to change the unit size".
    Ah, I see. I'll see what I might have done to cause this unit size thing. Just for reference, how many units should the custom grenadiers have by default in your mod per each unit size in both vanilla/ darthmod, so I know when i've found the intended size? Thanks again for the help.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

deleted post
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; October 11, 2016 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient World View Post
    Hi there, I'm asking if you could do a few unit reskins for the Marathas? I would like to see the Maratha infantry get a unit reskin because they should appear more historically like this:
    Please ask another modder as I don't create any new units or re-skins for AUM-EMP.

I will update AUM-EMP probably later this year with balancing and optimizations.

Ah, I see. I'll see what I might have done to cause this unit size thing. Just for reference, how many units should the custom grenadiers have by default in your mod per each unit size in both vanilla/ darthmod, so I know when i've found the intended size? Thanks again for the help.
    The standart unit size of the custom Grenadiers: AUM-EMP vanilla = 160 / AUM-EMP Darthmod = 250

Ok, that's good, everything seems to be in order then with 250.

Also, I noticed in the game and the changelogs that the Late Marines don't seem to change color with the different countries they can be recruited by, that they look like the Life Guards of Foot for Sweden. Is there a way to fix this from my end?

Thanks again!

Pardon me, but is AUM 3.4 compatible with the latest version of APE:TI? I think some previous versions of AUM were, and was just wondering.

Ok, that's good, everything seems to be in order then with 250.

Also, I noticed in the game and the changelogs that the Late Marines don't seem to change color with the different countries they can be recruited by, that they look like the Life Guards of Foot for Sweden. Is there a way to fix this from my end?

Thanks again!
    They should change the color if they are recruited by various countries. I didn't experienced your reported issue yet. I will have a look at this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkmaster Rick View Post
    Pardon me, but is AUM 3.4 compatible with the latest version of APE:TI? I think some previous versions of AUM were, and was just wondering.
    Unfortunately I don't have any time anymore to create special versions for APE:TI and Imperial Splendour like it was before. Basically the AUM-EMP vanilla version should work together with APE:TI, but it isn't fully balanced for it of course.

Indefinitely Banned

I don't know if I told you before Swiss, but you did a marvelous job on this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161015002348_1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	646.4 KB 
ID:	341088Ok, thanks man. Maybe to help, here's a pic of what i'm seeing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161015002348_1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	646.4 KB 
ID:	341088Ok, thanks man. Maybe to help, here's a pic of what i'm seeing.
    Yes they should look definately red if you play Britain. I checked now several factions and they look all good with the proper faction colors.

Britain = red, Prussia = dark blue, Russia = green, Austria = white, Netherlands = light blue, French = white, Spain = white, Sweden = blue

Do you use a re-texture mod which probably re-textures the "Swedish Life Guard" model? I used this model as a base for the "Marines (late)" unit.

Please try to load for a test only AUM-EMP to see if you still experience this strange color issue on this unit.

Yes they should look definately red if you play Britain. I checked now several factions and they look all good with the proper faction colors.

Britain = red, Prussia = dark blue, Russia = green, Austria = white, Netherlands = light blue, French = white, Spain = white, Sweden = blue

Do you use a re-texture mod which probably re-textures the "Swedish Life Guard" model? I used this model as a base for the "Marines (late)" unit.

Please try to load for a test only AUM-EMP to see if you still experience this strange color issue on this unit.
    Ah, yes, you're right. I'm running Darthmod 8.0.1, and once I disabled the Unit and the Skin pack that come with Darthmod, the colors changed. Yeah, those packs must've reskinned the Lifeguards unit. I actually kind of like that reskin for the late marines tbh! Thank you again.

Ah, yes, you're right. I'm running Darthmod 8.0.1, and once I disabled the Unit and the Skin pack that come with Darthmod, the colors changed. Yeah, those packs must've reskinned the Lifeguards unit. I actually kind of like that reskin for the late marines tbh! Thank you again.
    Thanks for the information.

is this compatable with darth mod?

Quote Originally Posted by bwallker View Post
    is this compatable with darth mod?
    Yes there is a special AUM-EMP Darthmod version available. Please read my detailed installation instructions on the first post of this thread.