Page 14 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.9 for DM + APE + IS + vanilla

KURGAN:

Your evidence is Unfallable. I hereby Concede to your better knowledge at this point in time.

All the best.
    Last edited by Rsty Bloodnok; May 13, 2009 at 11:41 PM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
    Quote: Originally Posted by Rsty Bloodnok
    [Always Loved Your Mod Swiss. +REP Keep up the work mate!
    Probably would reccomend adding my elite Royal marines to your mod. They would get more use that way.
    Kurgan. Bayonets were not standard issue on Naval Vessels. The rigging and ratlines are too low to make any use of them effectivly in close quarters.
    The armoury on ship stored short pikes and cutlasses for this reason.]

Hi Rusty and Swiss Hal - I think we are talking at cross purposes here. Whilst I am sure the Marines used swords and pikes on board ship, especially to maintain order among the sailors, are we not agreed that when we talk of using a Marine unit in ETW, it necessitates using them on land in an amphibious role. Surely Rusty you do not propose sending 200 Marines into battle armed only with razors and skewers. I must be logical to anyone who thought about it for a moment that the Marines would be armed for Land combat and not naval combat when attacking enemies on land who are armed with muskets?

I'm fortunate enough to be friends with two Grande-fromages from the Falklands War who are both now military historians and Royal Marines whose expertise is in the period 1760 -1805 (largely our ETW period). And here is the evidence (as if you needed it!)

The Royal Marine’s Equipment http://www.hms.org.uk/nelsonsnavymarines.htm
    The equipment of a Royal Marine was very similar to a soldier of the line. He wore a similar uniform, although the Marines retained the round top-hat long after it was abandoned by the army. Marines were equipped with a musket that was very similar, although a few inches shorter than the one issued to the army. The musket and the attachable bayonet were the Marine’s primary weapon.
    Primary Infomation for this article obtained from Nelson's Royal Marines by Stuart Hadaway, Military Illustrated, April 2008
    Read more: "Royal Marines: In the Napoleonic Wars | Suite101.com" - http://georgian-victorian-britain.suite101.com/article.cfm/royal_marines#ixzz0FPea6uXr&A

Here is a website of British re-enactment – note the us of muskets …
    http://www.royal-marine-society.co.uk/

Hello Kurgan, wow! very good research and interesting links. Allright we misunderstood us totally
    Sure on a land to land fight or an invasion they plugged their bayonet on to fight against other Line Infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by smatussek1 View Post
    Hi, just wanted to ask: I have been playing with westphalia using your mod and noticed that some of the voices were mixed up, for example the Grenadiers say "Grenzer!" and the line infantry for some reason say "Dragoons!". When I disabled your mod, this did not happen anymore. Do you know what might be the cause of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    I've had similiar problems with even vannilla regiment of horse, they said "Peasants!" one day.
    I did notice that in general in Empire that quite a few units have the wrong voice.
    Do you mean the "Grenadiers Elite" and "Line Infantry Elite" or the "normal" Grenadiers/LI? I have to look at this issue.

OH, SWISS

There is a bug there in the naval recruitment. I didn't realise that I left it there.
    You cannot recruit men at the naval facilities for it only wants to produce naval units.

I.E. it won't let you place them, otherwise I would have done the same.

Best of Luck. I'll try to find a way around it.

Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    I did notice that in general in Empire that quite a few units have the wrong voice.
    Do you mean the "Grenadiers Elite" and "Line Infantry Elite" or the "normal" Grenadiers/LI? I have to look at this issue.
    No I mean the normal line infantry and grenadiers. I think the elite units are saying the correct things, if I notice anything mixed up there ill report back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsty Bloodnok View Post
    OH, SWISS
    There is a bug there in the naval recruitment. I didn't realise that I left it there.
    You cannot recruit men at the naval facilities for it only wants to produce naval units.
    I.E. it won't let you place them, otherwise I would have done the same.
    Best of Luck. I'll try to find a way around it.
    Rusty
    Yes I know and in AUM 2.0 the Marines can only be recruited at the special naval-buildings: admiralty, naval_board, naval_college (but then globally)

Quote Originally Posted by smatussek1 View Post
    No I mean the normal line infantry and grenadiers. I think the elite units are saying the correct things, if I notice anything mixed up there ill report back to you.
    Hmm... strange behaviour... I didn't changed anything sound- and voice related. Thanks for further information.

Mr. Scott's Avatar Primicerius

great mod, simply great, but you might want to make your installation a bit more simpler. Great mod though.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.” ― John Maynard Keynes

Most gracious and very glad to help. If we all beg to differ in discussions it is because we all care and are passionate about this history. cheers!

Icon14 Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.9 for DM + APE + IS + vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Rsty Bloodnok View Post
    KURGAN:

Your evidence is Unfallable. I hereby Concede to your better knowledge at this point in time.

All the best.
    Very glad to help and I really enjoyed your special guns mod on the marines a la sharp and horn blower? now if only I could get the aum loc to show my unit names ....

Yes I never bothered to include the names just yet because I didn't think the mods were large enough to bother.

Next time.

Heartbraker's Avatar Libertus

I've noticed that Landwehr Militia increase their rank and file spacing when they go to fire. Is this because they use mass fire, and is there anyway to stop them from spreading out? I also noticed that regiments using light infantry tactics clump together before firing. Is there anyway I can change the mod so they don't clump together?

Quote Originally Posted by scottypd54 View Post
    great mod, simply great, but you might want to make your installation a bit more simpler. Great mod though.
    Thanks a lot. The names of the files have changed in AUM 1.9 to "generic" names. Therefore if a new release of AUM is available, you only have to overwrite the old ones in your ETW data directory.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
    Most gracious and very glad to help. If we all beg to differ in discussions it is because we all care and are passionate about this history. cheers!
    I totally agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbraker View Post
    I've noticed that Landwehr Militia increase their rank and file spacing when they go to fire. Is this because they use mass fire, and is there anyway to stop them from spreading out? I also noticed that regiments using light infantry tactics clump together before firing. Is there anyway I can change the mod so they don't clump together?
    This is a known problem since patch 1.2. Which version of AUM and "major mod" do you play? Which "light infantry" units clump together? Vanilla or my custom units?

Heartbraker's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    This is a known problem since patch 1.2. Which version of AUM and "major mod" do you play? Which "light infantry" units clump together? Vanilla or my custom units?
    I apologize for not being specific. I play vanilla Empire and I used the appropriate version of your mod and I have only used version 1.9 of your mod. The Light Infantry units that clump when firing are the sharpshooters and African light infantry mercenaries, none of the vanilla units clump when firing.
    By clumping I mean that a single regiment goes from being spread out like this:

0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    .0 0 0 0 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0

to all the men trying to fire from a single row in a disorganized fashion similar to this:

00000000 0000
    00 00 0000

Tell me if you need anymore information.

i know someone probably already asked this, but why does each unit only say (light infantry) or (line infantry). How do i give them their real names

Sure you have exactly followed the instructions of the first post?

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.0 for DM + APE + IS + vanilla

Hello to all AUM fans,

17. Mai 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.0 has been released
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

AUM 2.0 is fully compatible with “DarthMod 1.9 / A Proper Empire 1.3 / Imperial Splendor 1.0771 / vanilla 1.2 patch"
    - all unit stats are balanced to the corresponding major Mod

- updated all language files to "patch_aum_en_loc.pack" (English) + "patch_aum_en_loc_proper.pack" (English APE) + "patch_aum_en_loc_all.pack" (Unit Compatibility Pack) + "patch_aum_ge_loc.pack"(German)

- fixed the model of the "Prussian Giants Grenadiers" for the APE + IS + vanilla versions

- changed several unit names in both language versions and removed the "Elite" suffix from various units
    - unit limit decreased for several units and now the AI doesn't spam "elite" units anymore (there is a "how-to" change the limit in my FAQ)
    - Prussia has now access to "Marines"
    - The faction group "USA" has now access to several custom units (you still have to recruit them in their original regions)

- changed the recruitment of the "Marines" that they can only be recruited at coastal shores globally:
    they need one of the following "naval" buildings: admirality, naval_board, naval_college (each level gets +1 experience)

- changed the recruitment of the four "Mercenaries" (West+East European, Indian, African) and the three "Swiss Units" (Guards, Pikemen, Mountain Jaegers):
    They need one of the following "pleasure" buildings: coaching_inn, bawdy_house, theatre, pleasure_gardens (each level gets +1 experience)
    (later I will add a special "mercenary recruitment building")

- added one new custom cavalry unit:
    > "Polish Hussar Guards - Polnische Hussaren Garde" - They are elite light cavalry guards of Poland.
    custom battle = late / only available for Poland in "polish_home_regions" / recruitable at the three latest barracks and the ultimate army building of Poland / required technology "military_army_wedge_formation"

- added one new custom artillery unit:
    > "24lbs Heavy Horse Artillery Guards - 24lbs Berittene Schwere Gardeartillerie" - This heavy horse artillery is very powerful but this comes at the cost of speed and prize.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / recruitable at the gunnery_school, ordonance_board, engineer_school / required technology "military_ordonance_explosive_shells"

- added five new custom ships:
    > "War Galleon - Kriegsgaleone" - This galleon is a heavy war ship which has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal galleons have. But this comes at the prize of speed. The "trading ability" is removed.
    custom battle = early/late / available for all major European factions globally / recruitable at the dockyard, drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_copper_bottoms"

> "War Fluyt - Kriegsfleute" - This fluyt is a heavy war ship which has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal fluyts have. But this comes at the prize of speed. The "trading ability" is removed.
    custom battle = early/late / available only for the "united_provinces" globally / recruitable at the dockyard, drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_copper_bottoms"

> "Brig of War - Kriegsbrigg" - This "Brig of War" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal brigs have. But this comes at the prize of speed.
    custom battle = early/late / available for all major factions globally / recruitable at the shipyard, dockyard, drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / no required technology

> "Sloop of War - Kriegsschaluppe" - This "Sloop of War" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal sloops have. But this comes at the prize of speed.
    custom battle = early/late / available for all major factions globally / recruitable at the shipyard, dockyard, drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / no required technology

> "East Indiaman (improved) - Ost-Indienfahrer (verbessert)" - This East Indian Merchant ship has slightly more firepower, hull strength, speed and marines than normal Indiaman have. But it is more expensive to build and to maintain. But therefore are the goods much saver than without defense.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions globally / recruitable at all docks and harbors except "fishing harbors" / required technology "military_navy_longitude_watch"

- added the following already included five ships to several factions:
    Razee > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = late / only buildable in the steam_drydock)

24lbs Heavy Frigate > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = late / only buildable in the drydock, naval_hospital and steam_drydock)

Galleon > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = early+late / buildable in all docks and harbors)

Galleon Race Built > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = early+late / buildable in all docks and harbors)

Galleon Fluyt > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = early+late / buildable in all docks and harbors)

- changed the recruitment of the following units:
    Pandours > now available for all major European factions and the faction group "Ottomans" in the "Balkans" region too. (custom battle not available)

East Pikemen Zamindari > now available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early)

East Missile Cavalry Zamindari > now available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal factions in India. (custom battle = early)

- added the following already included thirteen units to the faction groups of "Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal". They can be recruited by all three faction groups in their original regions:
    East Guard Cavalry Ahadis > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal globally. (custom battle = late)

East Lancers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal globally. (custom battle = early+late)

East Light Cavalry Qizilbashi > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early+late)

East Irregular Cavalry Pindari > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early+late)

East Islamic Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Islam" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Dervishes Warriors > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early+late)

East Isarelys Musketmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Middle-East" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Fellahin Musketeers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Middle-East" regions. (custom battle = not available)

East Fellahin Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Middle-East" regions. (custom battle = not available)

East Hindu Musketeers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Hindu" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Hindu Warriors Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Hindu" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Sikh Infantry Musketeers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Sikh" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Sikh Warriors Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Sikh" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

> HELLFELL made one new texture for my custom unit "Fusiliers"
    > REMO made one new texture for my custom unit "Royal Janissary Guards"
    Both are included in the "aum_mod_***.pack"

The "patch_aum_graphics.pack" hasn't changed and you don't need to download it if you already got it.

My mod adds 28 new custom units and 5 new custom ships to ETW. There are other 43 units from "vanilla" which can now be recruited by other factions too.

As always I updated the first post with all new information about the recruitment of the new units and changed credits.

Quote Originally Posted by b0b9 View Post
    i know someone probably already asked this, but why does each unit only say (light infantry) or (line infantry). How do i give them their real names
    This is the same problem as me. I have no loc conflicts, have placed it in data, unpacked it etc. and all I get is theis description when I mouse over the unit card Line infantry (line infantry) instead of what i would like which is Marine (line infantry) and there's no description when I click on the card for a full description. I have done something wrong but I cannot fathom what

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbraker View Post
    I apologize for not being specific. I play vanilla Empire and I used the appropriate version of your mod and I have only used version 1.9 of your mod. The Light Infantry units that clump when firing are the sharpshooters and African light infantry mercenaries, none of the vanilla units clump when firing.
    Tell me if you need anymore information.
    Thank your for this information. I will check that. Please download AUM 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by b0b9 View Post
    Unfortunately until now it isn't known how to change this. Here is a discussion about this issue: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255086

The Kurgan: This is the same problem as me. I have no loc conflicts, have placed it in data, unpacked it etc. and all I get is theis description when I mouse over the unit card Line infantry (line infantry) instead of what i would like which is Marine (line infantry) and there's no description when I click on the card for a full description. I have done something wrong but I cannot fathom what
    Delete all AUM files in your ETW data directory and then download the new AUM 2.0 files. For a test, disable all other mods which are containing an own "localization.loc" file.

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida Espaņa, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

one question, why do all eurpoean factions get galleons and fluyts now? they were spanish/dutch made ships that only they had...dunno seems a bit un-historical

Quote Originally Posted by boche View Post
    one question, why do all eurpoean factions get galleons and fluyts now? they were spanish/dutch made ships that only they had...dunno seems a bit un-historical
    In the 18th century were the galleons and fluyts spread over various nations. Some bought the older ones from other factions or aquired the plans to build them.

The "War Fluyt" is only available for the "United Provinces". Later I will probably add a "Heavy War Galleon" for the Spanish only.

I wrote at the start of my first post that AUM isn't 100% historical now.

But in my FAQ section is a "how-to" delete an unit from a group of factions.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Nice, but now you're just making new units out of Vanilla skins instead of new ones.
    How can I get your unit descriptions and unit names to work with multiple mods running?