Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.3 - updated 11.12.13

By the way Thanks Swiss and the whole team for this mod

Thanks to all of you for your nice words!

HeilNappy: Thanks for answering the questions.

Lemunz: Great that it works now. Sorry I forgot to add that the script file must be saved in UNICODE and called user.empire_script.txt. I updated the first post and added this info to all my other AUM mod installation instructions too.

finglfoin: I don't use Mac and therefore I can't guarantee that my AUM mods are working on Mac. Re-checking the integrity of vanilla files is an option.

Dicer: I was very busy this week and the special versions for APE:TI and IS need more time. I can't say any release date yet, but I hope that I can finish them before 2014.

Sir_Aggelos: Setting artillery units 2x does only apply for the integrated DMUC and vanilla artillery units.

You need the Pack File Manager to edit AUM-EMP: Pack File Manager

How to add more "cannons" to the artillery units:

"unit_stats_land_tables/aum_unit_stats_land". You can raise these values in these two columns: "Men" and "Artillery"

Example: If you want to give them 6 instead of 4 cannons, then you have to change the "Men" to 36 and the "Artillery" to 6. One cannon requires 6 men.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

I edited some of the artillery you added selected 4 guns for 32 pounders and 6 for the 24 pounders and 8 for the 12 and 18 pounders.These ones were in the dme_aum.pack file where can i edit the vanilla and dmuc ones?where are these located?I ask because noone in here including me can mod well and personally i know the abc from mod.Can this problem in launcher for the artillery be fixed?the problem is due to caussa belli?,aum? outdated dme launcher? what causes this problem.I also use the bran's mod for dme

TheMacchiavelli's Avatar Libertus

After I used the 3.3 Darthmod version, the telescopes in the officer animations are gone, but the animation is still there. While funny, I would like to know if AUM did this.

Yes there are a couple of issues.I saw mortars and rocket troops moving lol..Unit prices have become too cheap and there is also the issue with the artilleries size they are all 4 guns/battery for most vanilla units.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    Yes there are a couple of issues.I saw mortars and rocket troops moving lol..Unit prices have become too cheap and there is also the issue with the artilleries size they are all 4 guns/battery for most vanilla units.
    Unit prices too cheap? Why, have you tried recruiting the Marines? They are extremely good fighters but they can burn a hole in your wallet.
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

You are right i was wrong about the prices.I was seeing low prices on my old campaign because i had researched all techs.

Sir_Aggelos: The DME_darthmod.pack contains the unit_stats_land_tables.

TheMacchiavelli: Yes this could be because of the backpack removal table.

I will try to create an optional "Backpack removal" pack. Then all players can decide if they want to remove the backpacks or not.

First attempt to change the cannon numbers FAILED
    I use brans mod file from post 7 and open dme_darthmod.pack
    I play with caussa belli 2,2 aum 3.3 dmuc sharpes units, and poland v2 in each of those i opened unit_stats_land_tables changed only the artillery and men counter from 4 to 8 and 24-36 i saved and started the game after a long time with the darthmod logo the game becomes non responding and crashes.
    What did i do wrong?

i corrected that and selected 8 pueces with 48 men for every 12lbs cannons and howitzer and custum cannon for all my packs
    6 pieces 36 men for every 24lbs batteries,4 inch mortars,rocket troops,organ gun and puckle guns 4 pieces 24 men for every 32 pounders and 64 super heavy artillery,8 inch morta and1 piece 50 men for ottoman great cannon.I triple checked all numbers and keeps crashing.I give it up!

TheMacchiavelli's Avatar Libertus

Swiss, could you not make it so that the telescopes remain and backpacks are removed?

I played some battles and line infantry were appearing black
    i like the fact rocket troops and mortars move!
    Hope the bug with cannon numbers can be fixed.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire 2013-12-19-13-1-38-924.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	835.8 KB 
ID:	298646
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; December 19, 2013 at 07:14 AM.

Pal, you are using DM, aren't you? I tried it (Vanilla AUM) on mine and the line infantry textures are OK. There's probably a texture conflict.
    Last edited by napoleon boneaparte; December 19, 2013 at 08:07 AM.
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

Yes most of the times textures are ok but in last 2 battles i saw this and i said it would be better to report it.It just happened,and because i hadnt seen this before i believe its a problem caused by aum or a random texture bug.WHo knows?
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; December 19, 2013 at 01:12 PM.

One pain-staking solution which I had to do 2 days ago. Remove all the mods and place them back slowly while continuously checking whether the textures of the US line infantry are alright or not. I had to do this when a conflict caused the range of my troops to increase from 70 to 140 and 90 to 180 while the artillery could shoot from the very end of the battlefield. And what do you mean the rocket troops and mortar men are moving? Did you happen to put them on melee?

the rocket and morta squads move along with the mortars and and the base of the rocket.The most annoying thing with that is that when you order them to fire they keep moving although being in range you have to stop the manually.in order to be sure they fire you must look the mini icon in the unit icons that has the 2 swords(fire mode).
    I havent seen the black textures again

I'm really confused with getting this mod to work with A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita, I tried to find older APE:TI AUM files which are made for it, but unsuccessful. Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrynator View Post
    I'm really confused with getting this mod to work with A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita, I tried to find older APE:TI AUM files which are made for it, but unsuccessful. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Chap, read post #2774. AUM: TI isn't ready yet. Just be patient and imagine the mod as your Christmas present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    the rocket and morta squads move along with the mortars and and the base of the rocket.The most annoying thing with that is that when you order them to fire they keep moving although being in range you have to stop the manually.in order to be sure they fire you must look the mini icon in the unit icons that has the 2 swords(fire mode).
    I havent seen the black textures again
    So you mean if your rocket units are out of range and select an enemy to bombard, the unit will start moving? Need to see if this happens to me.

Has anyone recruited the Engineers BTW? The description says that they can set up any sort of defense. I wonder does this include fougasse. If so,
    Last edited by napoleon boneaparte; December 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleon boneaparte View Post
    Chap, read post #2774. AUM: TI isn't ready yet. Just be patient and imagine the mod as your Christmas present.
    So you mean if your rocket units are out of range and select an enemy to bombard, the unit will start moving? Need to see if this happens to me.
    Thank You, Chap, for fast reply.

Just to clarify, I appreciate all the hard work and time that Swiss Halberdier and APE:TI team put into making these mods.
    Alas, I would like to apologize for not reading last few pages of this thread.

Cheers