Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 3.2 + Graphics Pack 1.7 - updated 7.3.11

Quote Originally Posted by plissken3 View Post
    Thanks swiss for the 3.2 update mate +REP cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Thanks Swiss! Downloading now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiemforroksy View Post
    Glad to hear AUM is now DMUC 6.9 compatible. Thank you to everyone who worked on this, you guys are super awesome
    Req
    Thanks a lot Plissken, IGdood and Requiemforroksy!

Quote Originally Posted by AveCaesar View Post
    Hi Swiss, first, your AUM project has been a lifeforce of it's own by really fleshing out ETW! I've been using 3.1 English vanilla version, and have had zero problems.

Last night I downloaded your 3.1 to 3.2 patch and the game refused to load. First, the mod manager said it had 72 conflicts on AUM. I opened it up and saw that they were all 3.2 related. But I said "he must know what hes doing...if it conflicts on paper, it surely doesn't actually conflict, since it's Swiss's mod."

Then when trying to load I got the dreaded Empire has stopped working box. I tried 3 more time: same thing. I took out the 3.2 from my data folder, and ETW worked perfectly!

Any ideas why it won't take? I re-downloaded as well: no joy. Thanks to Swiss or anyone else who has any ideas.
    Hello AveCaesar, these conflicts must be because the small patch_aum_mod_3_2.pack overwrites and updates the DB tables of the big aum_mod.pack.

Please try the following steps.

> How to re-download changed "vanilla" files and verify the integrity of the game:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    > Open Steam > click on "my games" > right-click on Empire > left-click on "properties" > then look for the "Local files" tab > "Verify the integrity of the game cache"

There you can re-check the "integrity of your Empire" files. It takes some time, but after updating you have again all proper vanilla files.

> Re-download the aum_mod.pack and patch_aum_mod_3_2.pack.

> Copy the aum_mod.pack and patch_aum_mod_3_2.pack to your ETW data directory.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data

> Check the user.empire_script.txt
    XP C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    VISTA / WIN 7 C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

mod aum_mod.pack;

If this doesn't help then please upload some screenshots of your data folder, script-file and if used Mod Manager List.

Quote Originally Posted by MarKusDib View Post
    great work !!!!! unfortunately iŽm completely new in Empire universe and all these tutorials to mod an install this kinda wonderful work seems difficult to me .
    iŽll try to study and understand this tutorial ... but certainly iŽll need help , if you are able to clarify my doubts iŽll be grateful...
    TYVM and + rep
    EDIT : By the way , you Avatar reminds me a picture about the war against Austria , when Arnold von Winckelried sacrificed himself throwning his body into the Austrian spearwall ( amazing history ) !!!
    Hello Markus, please read my detailed explanation above.

Here is another picture of the Swiss hero.
    Arnold von Winckelried is available as an "ancillary" in Medieval 2:TW.

I recommend to all new AUM players that they should read my first and second page (FAQ). I know it's a lot to read, but there is all important information about AUM.

Cheers and enjoy AUM 3.2!
    Swiss Halberdier

tx Swiss for the explanation ... and tx for the picture ...
    IŽll reconsider install following the step 2 , because iŽll certainly install DMUC first ... xt for the tip , Britabroad ...

Thanks Swiss. Following your steps didnt help. I've taken screen shots. How do you want them? Zipped up and attached or what? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
    Last edited by AveCaesar; March 15, 2011 at 08:29 PM.
    IBRR Fanatic

I only downloaded aum_mod_dm.pack version of the mod with the patch as I have DMUC. It works great and I am loving the new units. Where I ran into difficulty is when I tried to do a vanilla multiplayer match with a friend. He only has vanilla and doesn't want to download anything that will mess up his vanilla save games. Is there any way I can keep the AUM for Darthmod and still go back and play vanilla for mp without erasing AUM each time and reinstalling after?

An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

swissy,i m able to recruit african infantry in america,,,,,,is it normal?

OK, this is my first attempt to download a mod ever. I really like all the new units and what not. Mine seems so work perfectly save for one thing. There are some units whose images do not show up in the recruitment panel. For the record, I am playing as france in 1710. The units that do not show up are the Swiss Line Infantry, the Compagnie Franch De La Merie, and the Guerilla Mercs. Now, instead of the units pic coming up, there is simply a white square with a price tag on it. If I right click on it the unit description is fine, the stats are there, but the image of the unit is just a basic line soldier in a white uniform.

Edit: The same is also true for the Marines in England 1700
    Edit 2: This holds true for the various Irish units. This does not include the highlanders. This also seems to be happening with some of the new ships. In the battles the Buccaneer unit, which rocks BTW, is entirely black. The only texture is on their weapons. The man next to or holding the pennet is detailed, but he seems to be the only one.

For the record, I am not complaining. This mod is awesome and I am loving all the new units. It adds some much needed spice to the early game.

What needs to happen to fix this?
    Last edited by Slaticus; March 15, 2011 at 02:29 PM.

Lone5942's Avatar Foederatus

I am also suffering from unit portraits being colored out completely. Either their blue or red or some other color. When i have those units in an army and in battle their skins are all black. Like their skins arnt showing up at all. Im using DMUC 6.9 and the current files i have are aum_mod_dm.pack, patch_aum_en_loc.pack, patch_aum_graphics.pack, and patch_aum_mod_dm_3_2.pack.

Ive put them all in the data folder and also edited my empire script but i am unable to see various unit portraits on all nations and when in battle their skins do not show. Their all completely black and holding guns hehe.

Other then that awsome mod! Just hope i can figure out how to fix this so i can stare at the more visual goodies. Any help?

ACW ( american civil war mod) installed as well. You think that would cause problems? I've read that having ACW and DMUC installed doesnt cause much of a problem but maybe some ACW files conflict with the AUM files?

Quote Originally Posted by Fracchione View Post
    swissy,i m able to recruit african infantry in america,,,,,,is it normal?
    Hello Fracchione, do you mean the normal vanilla "North African Infantry"? The African Musketeers are another vanilla unit that is unlocked in the Caribbean sea.

Quote Originally Posted by jpaa1701 View Post
    I only downloaded aum_mod_dm.pack version of the mod with the patch as I have DMUC. It works great and I am loving the new units. Where I ran into difficulty is when I tried to do a vanilla multiplayer match with a friend. He only has vanilla and doesn't want to download anything that will mess up his vanilla save games. Is there any way I can keep the AUM for Darthmod and still go back and play vanilla for mp without erasing AUM each time and reinstalling after?
    Hello jpaa, if you want to play vanilla multiplayer battles without DM and AUM you have to do the following:

- remove the user script entry of DM and AUM to deactivate the darthmod.pack and aum_mod_dm.pack (just make two copies of your user script that you can switch fast without editing every time)

- remove the patch_aum_mod_dm_3_2.pack or rename it to something like this:
    patch_aum_mod_dm_3_2.pack_deactivated

Thanks Swiss. Following your steps didnt help. I've taken screen shots. How do you want them? Zipped up and attached or what? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaticus View Post
    OK, this is my first attempt to download a mod ever. I really like all the new units and what not.
    Mine seems so work perfectly save for one thing. There are some units whose images do not show up in the recruitment panel. For the record, I am playing as france in 1710. The units that do not show up are the Swiss Line Infantry, the Compagnie Franch De La Merie, and the Guerilla Mercs. Now, instead of the units pic coming up, there is simply a white square with a price tag on it. If I right click on it the unit description is fine, the stats are there, but the image of the unit is just a basic line soldier in a white uniform.

Edit: The same is also true for the Marines in England 1700
    Edit 2: This holds true for the various Irish units. This does not include the highlanders. This also seems to be happening with some of the new ships. In the battles the Buccaneer unit, which rocks BTW, is entirely black. The only texture is on their weapons. The man next to or holding the pennet is detailed, but he seems to be the only one.
    For the record, I am not complaining. This mod is awesome and I am loving all the new units. It adds some much needed spice to the early game.
    What needs to happen to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone5942 View Post
    I am also suffering from unit portraits being colored out completely.
    Either their blue or red or some other color. When i have those units in an army and in battle their skins are all black. Like their skins arnt showing up at all. Im using DMUC 6.9 and the current files i have are aum_mod_dm.pack, patch_aum_en_loc.pack, patch_aum_graphics.pack, and patch_aum_mod_dm_3_2.pack.

Ive put them all in the data folder and also edited my empire script but i am unable to see various unit portraits on all nations and when in battle their skins do not show. Their all completely black and holding guns hehe.

Other then that awsome mod! Just hope i can figure out how to fix this so i can stare at the more visual goodies. Any help?

ACW ( american civil war mod) installed as well. You think that would cause problems? I've read that having ACW and DMUC installed doesnt cause much of a problem but maybe some ACW files conflict with the AUM files?
    Hello AveCaesar, Slaticus and Lone5942, please try to place the AUM entry in the script file higher or on top.

Lone5942's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Hello Fracchione, do you mean the normal vanilla "North African Infantry"? The African Musketeers are another vanilla unit that is unlocked in the Caribbean sea.

Hello jpaa,

Hello Slaticus and Lone5942, please try to place the AUM entry in the script file higher or on top.
    The file i have as my script is user.empire_script.txt and the only 2 entries i have are

mod aum_mod_dm.pack;
    mod darthmod.pack;

the file is located under appdata/roaming/creative assembly/Empire

Those are the only 2 entries in the file since i had to make a new empire script since one wasnt showing up. So the AUM entry is on the top. Could it be something else? maybe i mispelled the script name or the script entry or maybe delete it start empire and get a new script?

Update: i just figured it out lol. Stupid me, once you run DMUC it creates a script folder and thats where the user empire script is supposed to go lol. At first it didnt have a script folder and the empire folder was blank so i just put it there. Its all working fine now. Thanks for the help! fantastic mod btw! : )
    Last edited by Lone5942; March 16, 2011 at 06:01 PM.

I can't download the Graphic pack, links inside the download page are broken, there is a alternate link?

Edit

I managed to start with Firefox the download of the first part but still on filefront the link seems broken.
    Last edited by Principe Alessandro; March 17, 2011 at 05:27 PM.

All is well now Swiss (except for it still showing 76 errors in MM). Thank you so much!
    IBRR Fanatic

All is well now Swiss (except for it still showing 76 errors in MM). Thank you so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone5942 View Post
    Its all working fine now. Thanks for the help! fantastic mod btw! : )
    Thanks and good that it works now!

Quote Originally Posted by Principe Alessandro View Post
    I can't download the Graphic pack, links inside the download page are broken, there is a alternate link?
    Edit
    I managed to start with Firefox the download of the first part but still on filefront the link seems broken.
    Hello Principe, on Gamefront is one file and on Mediafire are two files because of the size. I checked both and they work. Please try it again.

This might be a new bug or I'm just doing something wrong. I have DMUC 6.9, AUM 3.2 & Italian States Mod. I'm able to mod all units except those from AUM. I start the game and all AUM units have their base values, unit size etc. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Quote Originally Posted by pzkpfwmt View Post
    This might be a new bug or I'm just doing something wrong. I have DMUC 6.9, AUM 3.2 & Italian States Mod. I'm able to mod all units except those from AUM. I start the game and all AUM units have their base values, unit size etc. Anyone have any ideas on this?
    Hello and welcome to the TWC forum! You have to edit the db tables in the patch_aum_mod_dm_3_2.pack file, because this patch overwrites the db tables in the big aum_mod_dm.pack file.

i'm sorry i noe you might off well allready said how to install it but i'm really new at this and very lost i use steam and got windows xp i downloaded this from moddb theses are the files i got AUM Changelog. aum_mod_dm.pack. AUM 3.1 DarthMod - user.empire_script
    i just want to noe were do i put them i'm trying to put this with darthmod anyhelp would be so kind i got the newest version off darthmod 2

Quote Originally Posted by aaron98201834 View Post
    i'm sorry i noe you might off well allready said how to install it but i'm really new at this and very lost i use steam and got windows xp i downloaded this from moddb theses are the files i got AUM Changelog. aum_mod_dm.pack. AUM 3.1 DarthMod - user.empire_script
    i just want to noe were do i put them i'm trying to put this with darthmod anyhelp would be so kind i got the newest version off darthmod 2
    Hello aaron, please read the detailed installation instructions on my first page and the FAQ too.

Copy the aum_mod_dm.pack, patch_aum_mod_dm_3_2.pack and one UPC language file into this folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data

Copy the example file "AUM 3.1 Darthmod - user.empire_script.txt" to this folder:
    XP C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

VISTA / WIN 7 C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Then you have to rename this file to "user.empire_script.txt"

The "AUM Changelog.txt" is just a text file and doesn't need to be in the ETW data folder.

Hi, could we use AUM with other mod like, Ornementum?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
    Hi, could we use AUM with other mod like, Ornementum? Thanks.
    Hello Oldglory, yes you can use AUM with other unit packs of course. All amazing ORNAMENTUM units from Danova are already included in all versions.

Yesterday I made four folders on http://www.mediafire.com/AUM.

Unfortunately there is no ability to make folders on my other download site here http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/SwissHalberdier.

AUM Empire
    AUM Napoleon
    AUM Shogun
    Ornamentum for Darthmod

It is now easier to find the correct files for new players.

hull19's Avatar Ordinarius

Hello people!
    I have downloaded the 3.2 patch and the english language patch....

Put I searched the whole first 2 psots... and I am sorry.. .but i have never seen such a huge mix-match post containing to much information.
    Anyone knows the link to the complete AUM 3.1?

edit: Found it
    Last edited by hull19; March 22, 2011 at 07:38 AM.
    SS 6.4, Eras 2.3, DotS Project
    The first computer you had always was the best.
    R.I.P. 2001-2011

rbursch's Avatar Foederatus

Good evening Gentlemen,
    I would like to express my thanks to all modders and the community giving the soul and spirit in to E:TW. I had since more than a year once again installed E:TW and have chosen for the first time (mod IS). I have the 2.1.4 mod working although in my load screen only vers. 2.1 is mentioned?? I have further downloaded all the aum files needed for IS and hopefully copied to the right folders. I have also downloaded the graphics 1.7 files but do not know where to copy them. Could somebody give me a hint. Thanky you in advance.
    (the files mentioned are the following: patch_aum_graphics.7z.001 and resp. 002)