Page 10 of 165 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.7 for DM + APE + IS

the localisation.loc tells Empire to use the new units.

there are two different one ge for German and a en for english

hope thats what you wanted to know!?

Quote Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
    This mod is terrific! Just wondering how I can change the melee weapon of the pioneers from a bayonet to an Axe! I managed to make my blackwatch use swords as they were only UK line infantry allowed (not even marines used swords) but I cant figue it out for making Pioneers into axe wielding engineers! Be great if they were the one unit that could use sand bags and trenches no matter what.
    I try to make the pioneers to wear axes as they historically had.
    Quote Originally Posted by ONI NavSpecWar View Post
    Just a warning to people who will edit to get Grenades for the Horse Grenadiers
    If you try to throw Grenades from Horseback the game will CTD
    Also do you plan on making more Units?
    Yes I know that and updated my 1.post.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
    Hi Guys - anyone recall what the localisation.loc refers to and what it means? I play in english ...
    answered by Takeda below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
    the localisation.loc tells Empire to use the new units.
    there are two different one ge for German and a en for english
    hope thats what you wanted to know!?
    Thanks for answering the question because I was away yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Saddly, my game suffered a freak accident while trying to make long riflemen availiable to GB, my game started some reason running Boicote's imperium globale mod and I un-installed that, now my GC won't work.
    Dang.
    Which version do you use of my mod? vanilla,is,dm,ape?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastro View Post
    Are you updating soon or will the latest release work with IS 1.72?
    Hello to all AUM fans!

All stats have significantly changed because of the new patch. Several major mods have done a complete update to the accurancy/reload/melee/moral stats.I have to check out all my versions to re-balance my mod to each of them.

AUM 1.7 is still compatible to all new releases of the major mods, but the stats aren't balanced precisely.

I do include some new custom units and some already implemented ones to several factions.

I'm working today on an update to version 1.8.

All for now and stay tuned for the 1.8 relase later today or probably tomorrow...
    Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

I wrote a few lines of some advice to give of what you should improve, then I realised, a genius like you probably doesn't need it.

Thank you so much for your time and effort. Where would we be without TW modding crew.

All the best,
    parts

Is there any way at all to allow 2 or more different extra unit mods to work together, without having the loc files conflicting and having missing names?

Quote Originally Posted by parts View Post
    I wrote a few lines of some advice to give of what you should improve, then I realised, a genius like you probably doesn't need it.
    Thank you so much for your time and effort. Where would we be without TW modding crew.
    All the best,
    parts
    I appreciate that a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by BorisHH View Post
    Is there any way at all to allow 2 or more different extra unit mods to work together, without having the loc files conflicting and having missing names?
    read my installation instructions on the first post

Just wanted to let you know Swiss , I found what was making the localisation file not work . It was the new map pack by The Lordz team .
    "In the early days he lived life with his eyes un-open ,
    conditioned to always go quietly . One day his father went
    off to war . To fight a war for something that is not worth fighting for .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"
    - Verse , Story Of A Free Man - Chapter 1 : The End Of Innocence

I got a problem here, I'm using both APE and AUM-APE, but

no name/description appears for the new units.

I disabled the Lordz map pack so this is not the cause.
    Last edited by BeatFK; May 04, 2009 at 04:25 PM.

Handerz's Avatar Foederatus

I am new to all this - however would like to thankyou for all the hard work that you have put into making this a much better game and your units are stunning. CA should pay you!!
    Keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomMinja View Post
    Just wanted to let you know Swiss , I found what was making the localisation file not work . It was the new map pack by The Lordz team .
    Good that you found the error. I know the problem with the lordz pack.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatFK View Post
    I got a problem here, I'm using both APE and AUM-APE, but
    no name/description appears for the new units.
    I disabled the Lordz map pack so this is not the cause.
    download my new AUM 1.8 and the special language file for APE.

Quote Originally Posted by Handerz View Post
    I am new to all this - however would like to thankyou for all the hard work that you have put into making this a much better game and your units are stunning. CA should pay you!!
    Keep it up
    It's a pleasure for me that so many people like it!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello to all AUM fans out there,

Today I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.8" and it is fully compatible with “DarthMod 1.9 / A Proper Empire 1.22 / Imperial Splendor 1.073 / vanilla 1.2 patch"

- fully compatible with the new official 1.2 patch (30.4.) >>> thanks to "Alpaca" for the modification of the Pack File Manager

- all unit stats are balanced to the corresponding major Mod (DarthMod 1.9 / A Proper Empire 1.22 / Imperial Splendor 1.073 / standalone = vanilla balanced stats)
    - updated all three language files to "patch_aum_en_loc_1_8.pack" (English), "patch_aum_ge_loc_1_8.pack"(German) and "patch_aum_en_loc_1_8_proper.pack" (English "A Proper Empire"pack)

- new introduced "patch_aum_graphics_1_0.pack" which includes seven new re-textures. Just put this file in your ETW data directory and it loads automatically
    > HELLFELL made a new texture for my custom "Tsars Guards Elite" of Russia
    > REMO made six new "Line Infantry" textures for Britain, France, Russia, Spain, United Provinces and the United States. The musician and the drummer of Russia are new too. Huge rep to this fine men!

- removed "platoon_fire_grouped" because the latest patch didn't improve this firing drill / "improved_platoon_fire_grouped" is still available
    - increased the limit of all "mercenary" troops to 12
    - the "Pioneers" use now axes as melee weapons instead of bayonets
    - added the ability "grappling hooks" for climbing up walls to all custom infantry units except the "Swiss Mountain Jaegers" and "Swiss Pikemen" because they are light infantry troops and pikemen.
    - changed the model of the "West European Infantry Mercenaries"

- added one new custom unit "Prussian Giants Elite Grenadiers"- They are the elite grenadiers of Prussia and use swords as melee weapons.
    custom battle = late / only available for Prussia in their home-regions / recruitable at the three latest barracks and the ultimate army building of Prussia / required technology "military_army_fire_by_rank"

- added two new custom units to India:
    > "Royal Indian Cavalry Guards Elite" - They are elite lancers of Maratha/Mughal and armored with chain mail.
    custom battle = late / only available for Maratha/Mughal in India / recruitable at the three latest barracks and the ultimate army building of India / non re-inforcable in republic / required technology "military_army_wedge_formation"

> "Indian Mercenaries Infantry"
    custom battle = early+late / only available for Maratha/Mughal in India / recruitable at the four latest barracks and the ultimate army building of India / no technology required

- added the following already included eight units to several factions:
    > Norwegian Ski Troops > available for all major European factions in Norway. (custom battle = not available)
    > Euro Dragoons > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = both)
    > Euro Heavy Cavalry > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = late / recruitable at the three latest barracks)
    > Euro Colonial Light Cavalry > available for all major European factions in their colonies. (custom battle = not available)
    > East Colonial Sipaphi Cavalry > available for all major European factions in India. (custom battle = not available / recruitable at the three latest barracks)
    > East Pikemen Zamindari > available for Maratha/Mughal factions in India. (custom battle = early)
    > East Missile Cavalry Zamindari > available for Maratha/Mughal factions in India. (custom battle = early)
    > African Liberated Slaver Musketeers > available for all major factions in the "West Indies" colonies. (Bahamas, Hispaniola, Trinidad/Tobago, 2 x Islands of the wind) / (custom battle = not available)

As always I updated the first post with all new information, FAQ list, updated credits, screenshots of the custom battle screen and the campaign battle maps which are showing the recruitment queue of AUM.

I hope that you're having fun playing my mod and thank you for downloading it! If you like it you could +rep me!
    Swiss Halberdier

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.0

What do the slaaver musketeers look like?

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.8 for DM + APE + IS

Wow thanks again swiss another great update from you thanks so much. I just have one more question for you when in the world do you ever sleep

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.8 for DM + APE + IS + vanilla

Just wanted to say I love this mod and I couldn't play ETW without it, thank you!

What a great update!!!!!

Can't wait to finish work today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    What do the slaaver musketeers look like?
    their body is naked and the model is called "african_slaver_musketeers".

Quote Originally Posted by rastabuds View Post
    Wow thanks again swiss another great update from you thanks so much. I just have one more question for you when in the world do you ever sleep
    lol... what is sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by La-De-Dah-Gnr Graham View Post
    Excellent as usual +Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
    Just wanted to say I love this mod and I couldn't play ETW without it, thank you!
    Thanks a lot to you both!

Quote Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
    What a great update!!!!!
    Can't wait to finish work today!!!
    Yes I will finish my work too and go home to play and mod AUM 1.8

I included now screenshots of my newly added re-textures from REMO and HELLFELL.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Swiss Rocks!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

for some reason i cannot dl the patch_aum_en_loc_1_8.zip all other files work though

What does the freed slaver musketeers look like? Screenshot please.

Hi there Swiss Halberdier. Firstly great mod, perhaps one of the most frustrating aspects of ETW is the lack of unit variety and your mod has certainly addressed this. I registered just to post here so be proud .

Basically i'm wondering if there is some way that I can edit the names and unit descriptions of your new units as i'm kind of a geek when it comes to the historicity of units and, while you're English is excellent, there are a few grammatical and historical errors i'd quite like to edit. I'd be more than happy to PM you what I come up with incase you fancy having a native english speaker write some descriptions for a later release.

Also, some suggestions to further improve the historicity and balance of your units.

- Fusiliers were typically deployed more as light infantry than as hardcore line regiment. Though there is a lot of difference between countries my research seems to indicate that in most armies they were skirmishers and marksmen. Perhaps they could be given light infantry behaviours and balanced as a sort of mid point between light infantry and line infantry?

- May I suggest 'Sapper' might be a more appropriate name for your 'Pioneers' in the English version. I am aware that Pioner is the correct German name but in English a pioneer conjures more of an image of colonists and explorers whereas Sappers were the combat engineers of the British Army.

- I'm not totally sure about your many 'Elite' regiments. I guess there are two things about it, firstly the name feels slightly awkward, 'Line Infantry Elite' doesn't sound like an actual unit a nation might recruit. Secondly surely these units can become obsolete by simply having a normal unit and exposing them to battle a few times which is a more organic and realistic way of creating an 'elite' unit.

- Linked to this slightly, the 'elite' in Swiss Elite Guards is superfluous because Swiss Guards were by their very nature elite. Most courts in continental Europe had a unit of Swiss Guards to act as a royal bodyguard, famously being the last french troops to surrender in the revolution. There doesn't seem to be a non-elite Swiss Guards in your pack so you can probably remove this.

Anyway, hope those suggestions didn't seem too presumptuous, you're mod definetly shows a lot of promise but I have avoided loading it due to it seeming to overload the game with too many units that may be slightly unnecessary and ahistorical. I'd recommend stripping down the quantity of units you have made and taking the strongest ones (in my view, the Pioneers/Sappers and the Fusiliers would both be great additions to any roster) and giving them some historical and balancing love. That's just my two cents and i'm new here anyway so feel free to ignore me.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

im using proper mod and unit description/names arnt displaying, ive got all the correct files and put them in the right places.

Horse Grenadier Guards Elite,Fusiliers , Pioneers etc- for example, dont show description

is this an error ive caused or is it a known error?
    Last edited by Marku; May 05, 2009 at 05:16 PM.

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Wait, what Vanilla faction can train the slaver musketeers?