Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Equipment Tweak Mod v1.3: Optional Backpacks, Spontoons and Ammoboxes (UPDATED 5/3/15)

Default Re: Equipment Tweak Mod: Removes Backpacks, Adds Spontoons and Ammoboxes

Wish I help, but I haven't seen that before. If you find out that it's due to my mod, please let me know. Good luck!

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Equipment Tweak Mod: Removes Backpacks, Adds Spontoons and Ammoboxes

NICE WORK!!! I LOVE PRUSIA!!!!

I have yet to try this mod , but from what I see in the screenshots the ammo pouches are on the front of the soldier . Werent they held in a bog on the side ? Heres a vid for an example , skip to 3:50 and you can see them on the officers .

Edit: Fixed the video .
    Last edited by somerandomMinja; April 12, 2009 at 01:15 AM.
    "In the early days he lived life with his eyes un-open ,
    conditioned to always go quietly . One day his father went
    off to war . To fight a war for something that is not worth fighting for .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"
    - Verse , Story Of A Free Man - Chapter 1 : The End Of Innocence

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

Whats a bog?

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomMinja View Post
    I have yet to try this mod , but from what I see in the screenshots the ammo pouches are on the front of the soldier . Werent they held in a bog on the side ? Heres a vid for an example , skip to 3:50 and you can see them on the officers
    Bag? But if you look closely at the screenshot in the first post, you will see that half of the soldiers do indeed have their ammobag on the side. Until modeling tools are released, however, I doubt the author could move the front ones.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomMinja View Post
    I have yet to try this mod , but from what I see in the screenshots the ammo pouches are on the front of the soldier . Werent they held in a bog on the side ? Heres a vid for an example , skip to 3:50 and you can see them on the officers .

Edit: Fixed the video .
    At present, I don't have any control over where the cartridge boxes show up. We're still waiting for modeling and animation tools.

I'm curoius, do you remove the bags from code and battle, so the game loads less? Or are they just invisible? Cause if those bags are gone horrah for even higher framerate!

Quote Originally Posted by Jovanicus View Post
    I'm curoius, do you remove the bags from code and battle, so the game loads less? Or are they just invisible? Cause if those bags are gone horrah for even higher framerate!
    They're still in the code. I would assume that they're not loaded for battles as opposed to just being invisible, but I honestly don't know.

klesh's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kave-In View Post
    Anyway as said great mod! Here's Donald Sutherland with a little spontoon action

Interesting... the line infantry there is wearing backpacks...

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

can you use this mod without the spontoon for officer??

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    can you use this mod without the spontoon for officer??
    I will put up a pack without the spontoons later today. If you're familiar with the PFM, you can do it yourself by deleting everything but Warscape_Equipment_Items.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    I will put up a pack without the spontoons later today. If you're familiar with the PFM, you can do it yourself by deleting everything but Warscape_Equipment_Items.
    Spot on mate removed the entries you told me, just tested and worked 100%top man, top mod and well done from the Toonmeister

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

first off after playing with your mod I must say the battlefield looks close to perfectbut i wonder,any chance that you might be able to add in some cavalry standard bearers??The Glory of the Russian empire mod has proven this is possible,and i think it would fit well with the flavour of the era that your mod has brought to this game

@Klesh
    line infantry were only really known to wear their packs during a meeting engagement,meaning they had no time to previously prepare for the upcoming battle,suh as chance meetings or passings of the forces to engagement distances.seeing as the forces in Empire are clearly arrayed i would have to say that there must have been a slight bit of time to prepare for the action,thus leaving packs and the like with the baggage trains.an exception to the rule in game would be the interception engagements,but I am not sure if there would be such a mechanic as to change their gear and what not depending on the circumstance of the engagement(were that the case it would be great to see some winter gear during the winter battles )
    Last edited by Chevalier IX; April 12, 2009 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cody Anderson View Post
    Hello....My question remains unanswered? I loved how you skipped mine.
    Sorry Danny, I read right over it. Open the file called "user.empire_script.txt" (without the quotation marks) which should be in the folder I described. If it's not, create it. Either way, once the file is open, write "mod equipment_tweak_mod.pack;" (again, no quotation marks). Save it as a Unicode document. And that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    first off after playing with your mod I must say the battlefield looks close to perfectbut i wonder,any chance that you might be able to add in some cavalry standard bearers??The Glory of the Russian empire mod has proven this is possible,and i think it would fit well with the flavour of the era that your mod has brought to this game
    Good suggestion. I'll have a look at what they've done and see if it's possible to do on a large scale.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Equipment Tweak Mod: Optional Backpacks, Adds Spontoons and Ammoboxes

@erasmus777
    Thanx for responding and looking into this,for as I said this would be a perfect addition to your mod

Bawha's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Equipment Tweak Mod: Optional Backpacks, Adds Spontoons and Ammoboxes

Yay you got the second version done.
    No more poontag staff wielding goofy looking guy. Fantastic!.

Tho would be sweet if CA would fix the staff fighting!.

Right.. Thanks for 2nd version!. ^_^

Very cool.

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Excellent work, I really like it.

+ rep
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Opifex

We can't modify models, am I right? Did you just take the models from some other units and insert them here?

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams