Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: OLD - Ottoman Realism

Default Re: Ottoman Realism MOD V 1.0 (1.1 coming soon)

I figured I'd post the few plates that I have that apply to this era. I have more of earlier (especially in the 17th century), if you want me to post them just let me know.

Here's a Mamluk, Bosnian infantryman (I think that a few more local troops would do good... maybe recruitable to anyone who conquers it, including the Ottomans?)

These are cavalry (and mounted infantry) from the 17th century, but I believe that they would still carry over to our time period, especially the Tatar. I also hope you add Kapikulu cavalry.

Janissary junior officers:

Janissary senior officers:

And since you mentioned the shoddy job done for the Mughals, I'll share the ones that apply to this era. Again I have a lot more for the 17th century than 18th, but these are still good I think.

This is from the 17th century, because for whatever reason the Osprey book has no plates from the era of Aurangzeb. But the costumes and armor from Shah Jahan, as seen here, would still basically be applicable I'd think.

The obvious source for the Mughal's heavy cavalry, which I beg you to make recruitable earlier if you mod them. No way should the Mughals be incapable of recruiting cavalry types that had existed for hundreds of years until they researched musket tech (same with the Sipahis, IMHO).

Maratha troops, some of which I'd think should be recruitable by the Mughals. It would make a lot more sense for the Mughals to recruit the Hindu light cavalry (as well as Sikh troops) than Qizalbash, who were Safavid religious warriors.

Finally, I'd like to ask if you'd eventually add some more Tatar units, especially mounted firearmed Tatars, armored Tatar nobles, and musket infantry (or dismountable cavalry). Since the Crimean Tatars really get screwed out of a descent unit list, and the best Ottoman cavalry was Tatar, hopefully you'll consider getting around to it evantually.
    Last edited by steppe merc; May 07, 2009 at 04:54 PM.

Yes, when when?
    "If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan, I hereby order you to come and lead my armies."
    - Mehmed II (the Conqueror of Istanbul) to Murad II, his father, before the Battle of Varna in 1444)

MehemtAli_Pasha's Avatar Campidoctor

yeah..at least give an itsy bitsy preview
    "Egyptians; to the young rebels, and to every one who was killed, bloodied or contributed in the simplest way, what you did has defied any description. you have the world on it's knees gazing at your bravery and determination. you have opened up a new chapter in Egyptian history, one that will be determined by people's love for this country" - an honorable revolutionary,

Nizam when is the new release? can you let it put in the A Proper Mod? The cavalrymen mentioned on page 5 is probably an asakar-i mansure-i muhammediye cavalrymen, it was established after the jannisaries destroyed nizami cedid. mahmud II established asakar-i mansure-i muhammediye.

ottoman officer

Allright guys lets hear your voice.

TwT Realism mod is the best Turkish (proly only one by the way )ever.

So, just why don't you inform your fans about the further steps of the project. I mean screenshots, information and etc.

It'd be great to see such improvement over the current version of TwT. And for gods sake please put more unit screenshots to front page.

And great job TwT community! Personaly i thank you all for such a dedication and effort.

Nizam you are the machine.

I'm looking forward to see something from ye!

Quote Originally Posted by Nizam View Post
    1.1 will be epic
    OMG! Nizam excellent job man! Just like in Age of Conan Epic Project

+ millons of REP

Good Job Ramses.

I love new generals. They were so awful that Indians and Turks had same general only with indian style.

I was wondering if it would be eventually possible to add another religion, to differentiate between Sunni and Shi'a Muslims. I'm playing your mod, and it is excellent, but I took and held Persia far to easily. There is no way that there should be no religious unrest, especially with the long history of fighting between the Ottomans and the Safavids.

yeah steppe merc is right, its far to easy to overrun persia with the ottomans early on. At least there should be 2 religion streams in the islam.

i'm really exited to play this mod, but when will it be released? it seems like no one has been doing anything for the past month. how far are you guys?
    can't wait to play!!!

Is this mod dead???

Quote Originally Posted by AbbaZ View Post
    Is this mod dead???
    no nizam doesnt have that much time

Is this mod dead???
    Big probability new version of mod will be with us in 24 hours

Though im not Turkish, i was and always will be a big fan of the Ottoman Empire, thank you for this great mod.

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

Is this mod dead???
    NOOOOO , we are still working at it best. You will see new unite, new cultural music(IMBATORE), new systematic rate(unit defence, attack etc.), new flag etc.

v1.1 can be released tommorow, i told we are doing our best i mean if we cant give the mod to the twfans tommorow ,the mod will be realeased 2-3 days after

WE LOVE KEBAB

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

pardon ya biraz panik olmusam... ellerinize saglik sizin ve bütün emegi gecen arkadaslarin...

+rep

Well, I like the Ottoman faction (and I am very interested in this empire's history). Now I'm not sure which mod I should use: Remo's Ottoman retexture mod or this realism mod.

Quote Originally Posted by TW-fanboy View Post
    Well, I like the Ottoman faction (and I am very interested in this empire's history). Now I'm not sure which mod I should use: Remo's Ottoman retexture mod or this realism mod.
    i think that this mod has more unique ottoman units. did remo only retexture or did he add more units?
    i can't wait until this mod will be released!

Quote Originally Posted by Nizam View Post
    NOOOOO , we are still working at it best. You will see new unite, new cultural music(IMBATORE), new systematic rate(unit defence, attack etc.), new flag etc.

v1.1 can be released tommorow, i told we are doing our best i mean if we cant give the mod to the twfans tommorow ,the mod will be realeased 2-3 days after

WE LOVE KEBAB
    hi nizam

i played the 1.0 version and i love it!!!! can't wait until the new version!!! will it be compatible with IS mod?
    keep up the ggod work!!!