Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: OLD - Ottoman Realism

Bocah_Bali's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Ottoman Realism MOD V 1.0

I believe some people are content enough with the "mini skin mod"
    Much better to look than the usual green while playing online multiplayer game.

Btw. Did you receive my PM nizam?
    Bored/Frustrated/Angry at inaccurate in game uniform?
    Want to see another historical variation instead?
    Or are you a someone who wish to show your work on how "it should
    have look like"?
    Go and visit
    TWC community ETW re-texture compilation!!

titanvoyager's Avatar Biarchus

+rep for a very nice work!

We need more faction realism mods like yours for sure!

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by titanvoyager View Post
    +rep for a very nice work!

We need more faction realism mods like yours for sure!
    Thx mate i agree

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Nizam View Post
    If you want only "skin mod" then the new troops we added will be deleted. If you want we can publish a "mini skin mod" (these skins will be for only the soldiers in default mode.)
    WE LOVE KEBAB
    Yes, could you do this please. Would be awesome!

Originally Posted by Nizam
    i found new info for work with different mod

example: Dartmod's user.empire_script.txt - open - you will see mod darthmod.pack; line - we must add mod ottoman_realizm_twt_mod.pack; code to second line - so we can play more mod in same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arose View Post
    yes, i've done exactly the same thing with Imperial Splendour and it works I guess, at least I can get new units, lighter faces, dismounting cavalry etc. But somewhy my units are still green. Why can it be so?

Would love to use this beautiful mod, the units are truly amazing. I would love to be able to use this with Darthmod. Or at least have the wonderful unit textures.

Has Arose listed conflict been worked out? I havent tried it yet, but from Arose' report, the skins are not functioning?

What about unit stats? Darth increased infantry and mounted units firing range, and changed accuracy and reload rates.

Would really be great if the mod teams could get together, so we can play these great Faction Mods, with Darthmod.
    Last edited by Lucius Tiberius Vorenus; April 10, 2009 at 11:00 PM.

Awesome mod, brought new life into my Ottoman campaign! One thing I noticed though, after I recruit the new/recolered units the unit cards go back to the default green. In battle they have the correct colors though.

Love the mod, just wish there was a retexture-only mini-mod. You have said and showed off the Bashi-Bozuks with pistols but when I use these guys they still can only use their swords. Have the pistols not been implemented yet?

One final thing: Why are the Nizam-I Cedid Light Infantry blue!?! I feel like I am fighting my enemies with blueberries. They look very silly compared to the rest of the army.

+rep and for making this mod!

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

If you want only "skin mod" then the new troops we added will be deleted. If you want we can publish a "mini skin mod" (these skins will be for only the soldiers in default mode.)
    WE LOVE KEBAB
    That would be cool!!!
    I LOVE KEBAB TOO!!!

Really nice mod thank you

Thx mate i agree
    i agree

Oğuzam Türkmenem
    100% Turkmen
    الله أكبر الله أكبر
    Devlet-i Âlî Osman - دولة علياء - ط ط أوسمانيا

OPEN IMAGE PLS.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Wow... so cool ottomans empires. +1

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Tiberius Vorenus View Post
    Originally Posted by Nizam
    i found new info for work with different mod

example: Dartmod's user.empire_script.txt - open - you will see mod darthmod.pack; line - we must add mod ottoman_realizm_twt_mod.pack; code to second line - so we can play more mod in same time.

Would love to use this beautiful mod, the units are truly amazing. I would love to be able to use this with Darthmod. Or at least have the wonderful unit textures.

Has Arose listed conflict been worked out? I havent tried it yet, but from Arose' report, the skins are not functioning?

What about unit stats? Darth increased infantry and mounted units firing range, and changed accuracy and reload rates.

Would really be great if the mod teams could get together, so we can play these great Faction Mods, with Darthmod.
    strangely skins work perfectly with Darthmod, but doesn't work with IS for me. But maybe it's something with my files

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

I'm having a difficult time getting this saviour mod for the Ottomans to work with any other mod. Everything seems fine, at least in custom battles, if I use the clean user.empire_script file provided for this mod and start up ETW the normal way, via the shortcut. But problems arise when I try to add other mods to that user.empire_script or start up via the mod manager.

The weird thing is that the enabled mod combinations do not behave in a consistent way. For example, when using the mod manager to enable different mods in a systematic way to find the source of the trouble I can get a number of other mods working with this OR Mod, but if I remove a troubling mod (Lesterthenerd's Tigher Formation Mod 1.1 in one case) from the data folder, one of the mods that used to work with ORM ceases do that (i.e. ORM ceases to work with that mod enabled).

And if I abandon the mod manager altogether, and start writing the names of other mods without quotation marks in the user.empire_script and launch the game through the shortcut, several mods first turn out working (including the Tighter Formation Mod!), but as soon as I find one that don't (Spanky's Realistic Flags Set 1.1 in one case), ORM ceases to work with any of the other mods. Things have appeared like this so far. What could be the trouble?

As background info, I have changed all patch-format mods into mod format mods, and my mod manager displays no conflicts between the 18 different mods I currently have installed in the data folder.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Bocah_Bali View Post
    I believe some people are content enough with the "mini skin mod"
    Pls look first post, i did. Mini skin mod published

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Many Thanks Nizam!

Just to be certain, it is skins only? No changed unit stats? I see there's a script file... can the data file be used without the script file?

If not, in what order should I place the script file, in my scripts folder? I have:

mod TGOTRE_db.pack;
    mod TGOTRE_graphics.pack;
    mod darthmod.pack;

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Lucius Tiberius Vorenus; April 11, 2009 at 06:41 PM.

Default Re: Ottoman Realism MOD V 1.0 (ReSkin Mini Mod Published)

Thankyou Nizam!!! This is the one mod i have been waiting for! The ottomans simply looked terrible in their green colour!

Reminds me in Rome TW when they made parthians in bright pink!!!!

Default Re: Ottoman Realism MOD V 1.0 (ReSkin Mini Mod Published)

I downloaded the mini mod so I can ise your excellent skins with Is.It has its own installer so I just installed to ETW/data. I see a long description in Turkish but I'm afraid I can't manage that language quite yet.So is the install path ETW/data ? I'll soon find out if it works. ty

Quote Originally Posted by mir24 View Post
    If I install this mod, does it mean I have to start a new campaign? Will it alter my saved games?
    No, you can contune your last game.

Jihada and Lucius Tiberius Vorenus mini mod got onyl skin, if you change file type to patch you will see

and music mod coming soon (EPIC AWSOME WONDERFUL MUSIC MOD )

by_TotalWarTurkiye

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

You must make the mini skin mod a patch.pack, there should be no script file involved.

If you use a script people can't use the mod during multiplayer.

Dealing with this whole script business is bad for.....well... Business. If a mod doesnt need a script to run ie. it doesnt change direct ini files but only client side files, it should be made into a patch.pack file.

Currently that mini mod wont work with mutliplayer.

I WOULD make the patch.pack file for you, however pack manager is giving me an error when I try to open your mod file.

Again, please redo the mini mod into a patch.pack format, do away with all the horrible script nonsense.

Thank you