Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: OLD - Ottoman Realism

Default Re: Ottoman Realism MOD V 1.1

hi there is this mod compatible with A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita mod? please please yes
    Last edited by Sgt Gul; June 01, 2009 at 07:50 AM.

Default Re: Ottoman Realism MOD V 1.1 (released)

Great!Finally it is released!Will fire it up as soon as my crappy internet finishes the download

i would love to have a reskin only...so i can play the normal game with the awesome new looks.

awesome music

is there mehter included? in battles etc

Hi guys, just want to say that this is the best mod of Empire:TW so far
    Cheers from Bulgaria.
    ps
    In the future versions of the mod, do you plan adding any christian regiments in the army rooster, like the voinutzi/voinugans or Kazak-alay (XIX century) for example?

Quote Originally Posted by czarnian View Post
    Hi guys, just want to say that this is the best mod of Empire:TW so far
    Cheers from Bulgaria.
    ps
    In the future versions of the mod, do you plan adding any christian regiments in the army rooster, like the voinutzi/voinugans or Kazak-alay (XIX century) for example?

you were part of us, so we are thinking to add ethnic soldiers for sure

we are waiting for program to make 3d models. Now we haven't got any variation to create new units.

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

Some unique Ottoman buildings like government would really be nice, but I guess that would require the 3d modelling tools?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiR TimuR View Post
    you were part of us, so we are thinking to add ethnic soldiers for sure

we are waiting for program to make 3d models. Now we haven't got any variation to create new units.
    That's cool mate. If you need any info about those kind of regiments, let me know.

Hey guys,

Well done on v1.1, its awesome as always.

I was wondering is the team going to change the uniforms of the Beylik Janissary units? I really dislike the 'Aladdin' look with the really perverted smiley faces they currently have!
    While were on the topic of Beylik Janissaries, did they *actually* look like that? (dear god i hope not)

Decanus

can i play OTTOMAN REALISM 1.1 + MUSIC with IS installed.....

my user.empire_script is this:
    mod mod_artillerymod.pack;
    mod mod_TROM_wfx_4IS.pack;
    mod mod_is.pack;
    mod aum_mod_is.pack;
    And if yes then plz explain how n do i have to add something to my user.empire_script
    Last edited by aqua; June 03, 2009 at 05:40 AM.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

btw the albanian unit sucks...wheres the fustanella? whats that kind of head? what about their hairs? can u do modifications? add a fustanella at least...

That's not really all that polite.

They can't edit models, so they have to make due with what is available in the game.

Murat1767's Avatar Laetus

Units are really good,thank you Nizam.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    btw the albanian unit sucks...wheres the fustanella? whats that kind of head? what about their hairs? can u do modifications? add a fustanella at least...
    we can't touch anything right now. we can't model. when it will be possible, we will do our best.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    can i play OTTOMAN REALISM 1.1 + MUSIC with IS installed.....

my user.empire_script is this:
    mod mod_artillerymod.pack;
    mod mod_TROM_wfx_4IS.pack;
    mod mod_is.pack;
    mod aum_mod_is.pack;

And if yes then plz explain how n do i have to add something to my user.empire_script

nizam plz reply to my query

Damn this mod is so kewl Can't stop playing it.

ps
    I'll post some info about the bulgarian regiments in the army, if you decide to include them in a update.

The first bulgarian millitary regiments in the ottoman amry were founded in the late 70's of the XIV century.

Right after the battle of Yambol in 1373, the commander of the right flang of the ottoman army Timurtash (don't know if I'm writing the name correctly) introduced a plan to Murad I regarding the bulgarian military men, which have founded themselves under the sultan's rule in one way or another.
    The project was accepted, and ridered by several fermans, the basics of the project were founded on the bulgarian military system form the second half of the XIV century (evidence for this could be found in the names of the different subdivisions).

By 1377 there were several points оn which that subsidiary bulgarian army was formed:
    1- Every bulgarian, who willngly oblige himself to the millitary command, to wage war along the ottoman army, as a horseman or a foot trooper, with his own horse and weapon, receives the nаmе/title "voinugan/voinik", and the right to be "serbes" - free, оn an equal level with the muslim. He has the right to have and keep weapons, and to wear colorfull clothes.
    2- The "voinugans" are separated in to three different groups/divisions/regiments?:
    "Voinik - askeri" or "sipahi - oglan" - active militarymen; "Zewaiti - voinugan" - troopers on stand - by, ready to be summoned in the army; "iamak - voinugan" аssisting the voinugans, divided into several accessory detachments.
    3- The "voinugans" were under the command of "subashi" (NCO), "charibashi" (captain), "alai-bei" (colonel) or a "voinugan-bei" (independent knez or voivoda).

Later on, the bulgarian army was lead by "voinugan-great-miudiuri", his headquarters were in Istanbul. One of those "great-miudiuri" was Tarih Mohamed called "charibasha agasi"
    he's payment was 1/4 from the djizie tax from the whole Nikopol sandjak.
    Аccording to some turkish historians, the active voinugans/askeri were about 6000, those
    in reserve were probably the same number or more. The number of the "iamak - voinugans" is unknown.

source:
    Hristov, Atanas. "Bulgarian armed forces under the Ottoman rule". Sofia, 1938.
    In the XIV century the ottoman government founded special units called "miuselimi" - they are already present in the game.

Their task was to keep the population in the new conquered territories in obedience, to form garrisons and build fortresses. The "miuselimi" were volunteers, both christian(bulgarians) and muslim, they had their own horses, weapons and clothing. After their retirement the "miuselimi" didn't recieve pension, instead they were givven the income from
    a village, much like the spahii. This kind of "millitary units" were typical for a great number of villages near Plovdiv, Stara Zagora, Pazardjik, Odrin, Haskovo etc., all of those villages wore the name Miuselim. In Sofia there was a "Мiuselimova mahala" or neigbourhood.
    In a ferman of Mohammed II (1432-1481), after the fall of Constantinople, adressed to all provinces it is written:
    "... to inform all christians that if they are willing to join the army, they will be respected
    and they will reciev good payment; all chirstian units will be formed by the volunteers;if someone brings 20 volunteers, he will be nominated as a commander of 30 men; all their crimes are forgiven, even the murder of a turk".

In the 16th century, Suleiman the Magnificent (1520–1566) used special christian unit in his wars against Poland, Hungary and Austria called "levent - askeri". In war time the "levent - askeri" unit reached 6000 people. They recieved regular payment and a part of the spoils of war. In a ferman from 1769, it is ordered to the kazaas of Plovdiv, Sofia, Pazardjik, Samokov, Pirot, Razlog and Nevrokop to gather volunteers for a "levent - asker" of 1000 soldiers. All are welcome (muslims and christians), accept gypsies. They took part in the upcomming war, divided in small groups of 50 men.

source:
    The Ottoman Cossack Brigade or Kazak-Alaj was founded by Michał Czajkowski/Saduk Pasha in the eve of the Crimean War. The only information I have for the brigade is that it's members were recruited mostly from the christian(Balkan) population ot the empire. There were severeal entirely bulgarian squads or "sotni", to be precise the 3th, 4th and 5th squads in Istanbul and one suqad in Odrin. They recieved military uniforms/supplies from Napoleon III. The flag of the brigade was two-sided, on the front there was the crescent and on the back a cross. I'm looking for more detailed information.

source:

hi
    i'm downloading 1.1 right now!!! can't wait to play it! is it possible to combine ottoman mod with IS mod?

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by AmiR TimuR View Post
    we can't touch anything right now. we can't model. when it will be possible, we will do our best.
    wait, dont tell me u dont know how to edit units?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    wait, dont tell me u dont know how to edit units?
    he didnt say that, they can edit them and they did it almost with every unit , but they cant model new units or touch the models
    Last edited by Justinian; July 18, 2009 at 09:58 AM. Reason: insulting others