Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

It should also have shown the advisor which needs to be clicked on. I have added that missing step to the original post: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...lem-with-Arnor

P.S. And make sure that you didn't lose the spaces around the sicily and its comma: { sicily, }
    Actually the sicily part isn't needed for this. This would do:

historic_event aragorn true
    Last edited by Withwnar; April 08, 2014 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Cheers

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    It should also have shown the advisor which needs to be clicked on. I have added that missing step to the original post: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...lem-with-Arnor

P.S. And make sure that you didn't lose the spaces around the sicily and its comma: { sicily, }
    Actually the sicily part isn't needed for this. This would do:

historic_event aragorn true
    Should I try completely removing the { sicily, } portion?

I loaded it up and clicked on the adviser's portrait but unfortunately, that doesn't do anything either.

Sure, try that. And check the log: the reason might be in there.

Default How do I get Trolls:Mordor

I am playing a Mordor campaign and I all my cities and fortress are at max level and culture level for Melkor but none of them will allow me to build the Troll Cage. I can get the Troll catapults but not the Trolls themselves. Is there certain cities or am I just missing something huge?

Default Re: How do I get Trolls:Mordor

On turn 40 your Elite units, including trolls, will be available for recruitment, assuming you are not using a submod that changes this. Your enemies similarly will get access to their elite troops at that time.

Trolls however can only be produced in the mountains. I think all mountains can get them but I'm not completely sure. Trolls require special buildings, called Troll cages.

Edit: Welcome to the forums.

Last edited by Steward Denethor II; April 09, 2014 at 10:04 PM.

Thank You so much. I wasn't sure because I was looking at the building guide and it was showing only either cities or fortress' as being able to build them. Same goes for the drill square. But that clears things up. Thank you.

Trolls are a special resource not available in every mountain. However you should definitely be able to build troll training grounds and trolls in Minas Morgul, Black Gate, Barad Dur, and Dol Guldur after turn 40. I forget which others.

Hey guys , im trying to remove garrison script and last stand etc but when I go to save the file after removing what I want it says access denied ?? I am logged on as admin and iv checked the file permissions and I should have full access, why is it not letting me save it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev86 View Post
    Hey guys , im trying to remove garrison script and last stand etc but when I go to save the file after removing what I want it says access denied ?? I am logged on as admin and iv checked the file permissions and I should have full access, why is it not letting me save it ?
    Cant edit my posts yet , but I got it working just had to keep messing around with permissions etc , so all good now

I am playing as Mordor and I have dealt with the AI getting garrison script armies. But it really annoys me when they spawn in almost a full stack of some of the best troops either Gondor or the Silvan elves have. So how do I turn off the script armies. It doesn't have to be answered but I was just curious because it really pisses me off when I send a small force to capture a settlement with only a unit of Gondor militia inside and then suddenly there is five units of infantry and spear men respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulupure5 View Post
    I am playing as Mordor and I have dealt with the AI getting garrison script armies. But it really annoys me when they spawn in almost a full stack of some of the best troops either Gondor or the Silvan elves have. So how do I turn off the script armies. It doesn't have to be answered but I was just curious because it really pisses me off when I send a small force to capture a settlement with only a unit of Gondor militia inside and then suddenly there is five units of infantry and spear men respectively.
    Here is an answer on How to remove Garrison Script: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...sked-Questions
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I have a question regarding reforms. I'm playing as Isengard, and I've modified my game to have 12 turns per year instead of the usual 4. Now, I've heard that at around turn 40 and onwards you're supposed to have a chance of reforms occurring (the "Barracks Event"). However, I'm currently at turn 100 and no such reforms have taken place. So my question is this: are the reforms coded to take place on a particular turn or a particular year?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by TheVerySpecialK View Post
    I have a question regarding reforms. I'm playing as Isengard, and I've modified my game to have 12 turns per year instead of the usual 4. Now, I've heard that at around turn 40 and onwards you're supposed to have a chance of reforms occurring (the "Barracks Event"). However, I'm currently at turn 100 and no such reforms have taken place. So my question is this: are the reforms coded to take place on a particular turn or a particular year?
    Years from starting year AFAIK.
    This is how it look in descr_events.txt
    Code:
    event    historic    large_city_barracks
    date    10 12
    ;date    40 48 turns
    where 10 mean 10 years after start, up till 12 year after start.
    As vanilla years = 4 turns that's between turn 40 to 48 the Barrack Event occurs in the campaign.
    In your case it should mean the event occurs between (10x12) turn 100 and (10x12) turn 120

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi
    In your case it should mean the event occurs between (10x12) turn 100 and (10x12) turn 1
    I had a sneaking suspicion that this was the case, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheVerySpecialK View Post
    ... I've modified my game to have 12 turns per year
    This breaks a lot of events.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ot-not-working

Hello
    I'm just wondering whether the program "Akamai NetSession Interface" that appears to come with Third Age from my program list is vital to the game running. So basically my question is: Will Third Age run without the "Akamai NetSession Interface"?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Zebra1998 View Post
    Hello
    I'm just wondering whether the program "Akamai NetSession Interface" that appears to come with Third Age from my program list is vital to the game running. So basically my question is: Will Third Age run without the "Akamai NetSession Interface"?
    Never heard of that, and it's not part of TATW.
    Google it and see weither to remove it, here for example; http://stream-recorder.com/forum/aka...be-t7217.html?

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thank you very much, the link has helped me come to a safe conclusion. +Rep
    Crazy Zebra1998

Glad to be of service