Page 10 of 167 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Default Re: Regicide

just take the relations drop, then give em a nice present like a few thousand gold to get urself back on track. after all it would go along with the lore were you to make a few tributes to the king under the mountain

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by moonsugar View Post
    Playing a campain as Dale which Im really into, when along pops Thorin the dwarf who casually asks me to kill his father Dain.

I'm staying true to lore and have a good relationship with the dwarves, What should I do? Should I risk an assassination attempt or do I let the mission pass and take the knock to relations? What do you guys do when presented lore breaking missions or choices? Do you try and keep the story on track or bend it to your own benovelent will?!
    It depends on the situation. If the reward is worth the efford and I won't have to bend over too many barrels to achieve it, I usually do it. The relations between allied factions really never/rarely matter. As long as you remain allied to them, nothing will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by moonsugar View Post
    Playing a campain as Dale which Im really into, when along pops Thorin the dwarf who casually asks me to kill his father Dain.

I'm staying true to lore and have a good relationship with the dwarves, What should I do? Should I risk an assassination attempt or do I let the mission pass and take the knock to relations? What do you guys do when presented lore breaking missions or choices? Do you try and keep the story on track or bend it to your own benovelent will?!
    I would not recommend it because it could potentially lead to a bad relation between you and the dwarves and if you are not allied to the dwarves you will struggle and it has happened several times before that they go to war with some of its previous allies. You can check that after the assassination by pressing the banner in the bottom right corner and then the diplomacy tab. look on the picture below. Hold you arrowkey over the faction-banner and there you can see how it has affected your relation with the dwarves.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Late era units and recruitment questions

Hello, I just came across this mod a few days ago and thought it looked cool so I installed it and WOW! is all I have to say. Incredible work, for me this is on par with Europa Barbarorum for RTW and I thought that was the best mod ever created.

Anyway, my questions: First, I noticed the option to pick middle and late era units in the skirmish menu but when I choose those options nothing changes, so I was wondering if there actually are units for different eras or if not.

Second, I've found with several factions that an event pops up at some point saying that my military infrastructure has developed to the point that I can recruit better units, so I was wondering if this is the later era units and also if there is a way to edit the script so that I those events happen earlier for all factions because for me it gets boring playing with militia units for dozens of turns. I did see that there was the Total Recruitment mod that does just that but it seems to be only for 3.1 so it's not helpful to me, so I was wondering if there are any other mods out there that have the same effect as the Total Recruitment mod or if not how I can do it myself.

Thanks!

Default Re: Late era units and recruitment questions

Quote Originally Posted by bob124 View Post
    Hello, I just came across this mod a few days ago and thought it looked cool so I installed it and WOW! is all I have to say. Incredible work, for me this is on par with Europa Barbarorum for RTW and I thought that was the best mod ever created.

Anyway, my questions: First, I noticed the option to pick middle and late era units in the skirmish menu but when I choose those options nothing changes, so I was wondering if there actually are units for different eras or if not.

Second, I've found with several factions that an event pops up at some point saying that my military infrastructure has developed to the point that I can recruit better units, so I was wondering if this is the later era units and also if there is a way to edit the script so that I those events happen earlier for all factions because for me it gets boring playing with militia units for dozens of turns. I did see that there was the Total Recruitment mod that does just that but it seems to be only for 3.1 so it's not helpful to me, so I was wondering if there are any other mods out there that have the same effect as the Total Recruitment mod or if not how I can do it myself.

Thanks!
    Bob124: First, there are no middle or late era units, they are all from the same "era"

Second, I'll paste the FAQ thread here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=509455

I quote: " Why can't I recruit advanced units like Eldar units or Trolls ?
    A: The barracks events are required for training more advanced units. It happens around turn 45"

To remove it:

Note: this is also an alternative to reinstalling if you have "bugged events"

M2TW/mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_events.txt
    Delete everything in this file, and save it.
    M2TW/mods/Third_Age/data/export_descr_buildings.txt
    Open this file with notepad and press CTRL+H. In the "Find what" field, type
    Code:
    and event_counter large_city_barracks 1
    Leave the "Replace with" field blank, and click "replace all"

Repeat the process, but this time type
    Code:
    and event_counter huge_city_barracks 1
    in the find what field.
    Save the file and you're done!

I hope this helps!
    Real Combat stats for TATW 3 submod by Darth Lord Revan

Thread link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post10821526

Download attachment in OP

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Thanks Darth Lord Revan for the quick help! And one more quick question: How do you change the replenishment rates for units? I'd love to raise overpowered armies of elite units but don't really want to wait 10+ turns to recruit one at a time...
    Last edited by bob124; September 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM.

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

If you mean the turns of recruitement you can find and change em here : Third_Age_3\data and then the text file : export_descr_unit

When opened the file you scroll down or just search with Ctrl + f for the unit you want to change turns for ( corrrect me if im wrong)

Example with this random unit : , the place coloured red is what you want to change in order to change the turns it takes to recruit.

type Militia Archers
    dictionary Militia_Archers ; Militia Archers
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_missile
    banner holy crusade
    soldier militia_archers, 60, 0, 1
    officer gondor_captain_early_flag
    officer gondor_captain_early_flag
    mount_effect elephant +3
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square
    stat_health 1, 3
    stat_pri 6, 2, arrow, 150, 30, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 4, 2, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 4, 2, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 4
    stat_ground 0, -1, -1, -2
    stat_mental 8, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 2, 410, 180, 75, 75, 410, 4, 100
    armour_ug_levels 2, 3
    armour_ug_models militia_archers, militia_archers_ug1
    ownership sicily, timurids
    era 0 sicily
    era 1 sicily
    era 2 sicily
    recruit_priority_offset 5

Does more than 10 command helps in battle?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

You can't have more than 10 command stars
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros Frey View Post
    You can't have more than 10 command stars
    Are you sure about that? Chivalry and dread can go beyond 10, so I wouldn't be surprised if command could do that as well
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Vanilla Third Age Total War General (King in this example, but it is the same as the rest):

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
    Vanilla Third Age Total War General (King in this example, but it is the same as the rest):

Well... no that's not quite what I meant... I know there are only 10 star slots, so you would think the maximum is 10 (same with chivalry) However, let's say that you have a general with certain traits that give him a total of 11 stars, will it cap at 10 stars, or will the 11th star be taken into account, despite it's not shown on the general's card anymore.

It does work this way with chivaly. I've seen this a lot in the good o'l days of 2.1, believe me it's possible to have 12 chivalry, even though you don't see it

But then the question is, does it work like that for command stars as well? And what about authority/piety?
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Default help army gondor

what is the best army of Gondor who may have to eliminate the opponent easily? How many archers? how many riders? How many spearmen? etc. .. ahh and what?

Yeah that's exactly what I was asking if that extra command stars have any impact on battle.

What I really wanted was based programs codes

Are dwarfs slower than the other races? (marching/running)

If yes, does it have to do with their model size or was it a design decision?

Miles

Default Re: help army gondor

Quote Originally Posted by homammed View Post
    what is the best army of Gondor who may have to eliminate the opponent easily? How many archers? how many riders? How many spearmen? etc. .. ahh and what?
    It really depends on your battlestyle. Try for your self

I got two questions.
    1. When I attacked east osgiliath as Gondor the custom settlement Didn't come up, was just a normal city. Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong?

2. How do I get rid of the blood effects, textures from the mod?

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by uk500 View Post
    I got two questions.
    1. When I attacked east osgiliath as Gondor the custom settlement Didn't come up, was just a normal city. Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong?
    There seems to be something wrong, cannot tell you what ofc though, may be try a re-installation, but you will have to start a new game then. Install TA 3.0 both parts, then the 3.1 patch, afterwards 3.2. It should be the custom Osgiliath.

2. How do I get rid of the blood effects, textures from the mod?
    You can go into the graphics option and disable bloom for example, I think this will disable the blood as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarven Berserker View Post
    Well... no that's not quite what I meant... I know there are only 10 star slots, so you would think the maximum is 10 (same with chivalry) However, let's say that you have a general with certain traits that give him a total of 11 stars, will it cap at 10 stars, or will the 11th star be taken into account, despite it's not shown on the general's card anymore.

It does work this way with chivaly. I've seen this a lot in the good o'l days of 2.1, believe me it's possible to have 12 chivalry, even though you don't see it

But then the question is, does it work like that for command stars as well? And what about authority/piety?
    Might be, but I dont think it has any affect after you have reached 10 stars, but who knows... Everything is possible!