Page 167 of 167 FirstFirst ... 67117142157158159160161162163164165166167
Results 3,321 to 3,338 of 3338

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by avin1919 View Post
    Hi ,

I installed third age total war, it was working great and I was really excited to play a full campaign. Foolishly, I then also installed MOS submod, just a warning for folks , for some reason after installing it the game no longer starts. I see the loading screen for 2 seconds or so and then it closes , no error message , nothing. All other mods like stainless steel , DAC work fine btw on my system.Is the latest MOS submod incompatible with the latest TATW mod?
    Welcome to TWC, avin1919

Well, nothing has changed in MOS since we finished the all inclusive patch sometime late in 2015 IIRC. It has been downloaded at least 100.00 times in that time. TATW 3.2 has not been changed since much longer even.
    I'm sorry to hear that your install crashed, but I really doubt this happens because of MOS. I would suspect something went wrong with the way you installed it. I can't tell what went wrong though from what you wrote here.

My advice is, that you have a look at the install instructions in the MOS thread HERE. The instructions have not been changed for years but AFAIK they still are valid. If they are not, I would like to know. I still use the disk version and am not always aware of changes that may happen on Steam.

I noticed you posted the same question in another thread. I deleted that one since it did not belong in that thread and posting the same thing at two locations (or more) is not permitted here.
    Last edited by Veteraan; June 24, 2020 at 08:25 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Welcome to TWC, avin1919

Well, nothing has changed in MOS since we finished the all inclusive patch sometime late in 2015 IIRC. It has been downloaded at least 100.00 times in that time. TATW 3.2 has not been changed since much longer even.
    I'm sorry to hear that your install crashed, but I really doubt this happens because of MOS. I would suspect something went wrong with the way you installed it. I can't tell what went wrong though from what you wrote here.

My advice is, that you have a look at the install instructions in the MOS thread HERE. The instructions have not been changed for years but AFAIK they still are valid. If they are not, I would like to know. I still use the disk version and am not always aware of changes that may happen on Steam.

I noticed you posted the same question in another thread. I deleted that one since it did not belong in that thread and posting the same thing at two locations (or more) is not permitted here.
    Thanks. I will retry installing using the link you shared.

I am happy to report that I have successfully installed the MOS sub-mod!! I followed this YouTube video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLSv_ySqMXQ.

Sorry to keep on bombarding this thread , but I recently checked out a youtube video where they showed Battle Immersion Mod where you can see a soldier's POV during battle. I downloaded the mod from MODDB and am able to play it for vanilla MTW. Is there any method by which I can use this for TATW or staineless steel ?

I am playing the High Elves and have problems getting any History Guilds. In a recent game I tried to get one in Druwaith Iaur, but quit around turn 270. By then I had built the Master Sculptor three times, and the Art Gallery at least twice. I restarted from about turn 230 and tried with Talsir and built the Master Sculptor five times and some other stuff.

The threshold number should be enough by far to get a guild, and as far as I understand both Enedwaith and Druwaith Iaur are forest areas.

So why will the game not give me the chance to build one there?

Following on from my previous message: in a new game with Rohan I noticed I could build chicken farms in Druwaith Iaur, so I understood that the name of the province in descr_regions must be another one, and it was. In imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names one can see that the on map Druwaith Iaur is Minhiraith in descr_regions. No wonder I didn't get a history guild there. I also noticed that the on map regions of Eryn Vorn and Allimir are Enedwaith and North_Minhiraith in descr_regions. The easiest way to make the regions be like their descriptions is to edit these three provinces in descr_regions.

For Minhiraith I changed from grasland to forest and for the other two from forest to grasland.

I also changed religion for Minhiraith from what it was, to Melkor 20 Elves 5 Dwarves 0 Northmen 62, Heretic 5 (to represent some Drúedains) and Numenor remained at 8. Previously Northmen had been at 85, which is higher than at Adorn, a province that Rohan controls at the start of the game.

I chose to retain the riddermark flag for Rohan. The change from grass to forest is bad enough for them.

Just remove map.rwm from %appdata% and the changes will be there next time you play.

Still, I am no wiser about why I also failed to get a history guild in Talsir

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Still, I am no wiser about why I also failed to get a history guild in Talsir
    Does it already have some other guild?

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Does it already have some other guild?
    Not that I could detect, but there must have been an Isengard thieves guild there earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by koroshiya View Post
    Following on from my previous message: in a new game with Rohan I noticed I could build chicken farms in Druwaith Iaur, so I understood that the name of the province in descr_regions must be another one, and it was. In imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names one can see that the on map Druwaith Iaur is Minhiraith in descr_regions. No wonder I didn't get a history guild there. I also noticed that the on map regions of Eryn Vorn and Allimir are Enedwaith and North_Minhiraith in descr_regions. The easiest way to make the regions be like their descriptions is to edit these three provinces in descr_regions.
    The province South Harondor also differs. The description says grassland, but it is really desert. One can change from desert to grasland in descr_regions for the province southharondor.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I didn't find any other thread more suitable, and it is really a simple question not deserving of an entire new thread:

Is this mod mod-foldered? I.e can I install other mods, besides this one, without any issues, if they are mod-foldered?

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Yes installing third age will create a third_age_3 folder inside your mods folder.

Coxy's Avatar Miles

Hi guys. Getting back into this mod after several years off. I'm trying to remove the SLAVE CONQUERORS script (AI high tier units) and also the stakes script (Germanicu5 Stakes script). The FAQ guides refer to phrases which I can't find on the campaign_script anymore.

Can anyone advise what the modern names for these scripts are so I can delete them?

(Is it 'AI Setup' and 'Germanicu5 AI' I need to remove?)

Thanks

Hello. Anyone here knows exactly at what turn Sauron spawns in Mordor, with the One Ring if I don't acquire the One Ring? I'm playing as Gondor. Third Age 3.2

Thank you!
    Last edited by THIRDAGESUPER; January 11, 2022 at 10:49 AM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hello! There is no exact turn. It depends on the happening of events that happen on randomized turns themselves.

Ok. Here is what the script says:

Code:
    ;#########################Random city ring spawn for good factions
    declare_counter ring_isengard
    declare_counter ring_duneard
    declare_counter ring_gram
    declare_counter ring_carndum
    declare_counter ring_moria
    declare_counter ring_goblintown
    declare_counter ring_umbar
    declare_counter ring_hyarmen
    declare_counter ring_mistrand
    declare_counter ring_rhomen
    declare_counter ring_guldur
    declare_counter ring_jumped
    If I remember correctly, I received the One Ring message saying that the Ring was in these settlements. One per 15-30 turns: Isengard, Dol Guldur, Rhomen, Moria and Goblin town. Two more settlements, and I suppose Sauron will appear. Maybe he will arrive around turn 135.
    Last edited by THIRDAGESUPER; January 24, 2022 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Hello! There is no exact turn. It depends on the happening of events that happen on randomized turns themselves.
    Yeah. But, around at what turn do you think Sauron will return?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I don't have an idea. I haven't played much and if I did, I went for the ring myself.

I prefer preparing myself to defend Middle-Earth from the main menace (well, he was not the main menace during the First Age. It was Melkor/Morgoth). So, that invincible thing will try to attack and devaste my cities, LOL.