Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: How Is Your Current Campaign Going?

O'Ciarain's Avatar Miles

Default Re: How Is Your Current Campaign Going?

Okay, so I've got some screenshots, but I haven't looked at them just yet, so they won't come up for a little bit. Another full Brutii stack has made it's way to Corinth and will soon be besieging it. Realising I couldn't hold it if they besieged it, I left one unit of Hoplites and took the rest to Sparta. That puts two generals and about 12 units of predominantly hoplites in Sparta. I then moved one general, two hoplites, and one militia cavalry onto one of my ships and they're going to Kydonia, where I will take over ASAP, and hopefully move to Cyrenacia soon. Then, I'll be able to regroup, perfect my tactics with the phalanx, and get back MY GREECE! Meanwhile, I've beaten back a Macedonian full stack which besieged Byzantium, and realized my allies, the Seleucids and the Gauls only have 5 provinces between the both of them... -_-' Carthage has maybe four, Numidia is dominating the western section of Africa, Germania has the whole northern area divided between itself and Scythia, the Romans as a whole haven't moved much. Besides the Brutii incursion to Greece, the Julii haven't moved that far north, and the Scipii still have their two beginning settlements as far as I know. Well, That's the state of things so far, and hopefully, it get's better.
    In the Name of the Pharaoh... An Egyptian AAR which covers the lifespan of a Desert Axeman and the Egyptian quest for supremacy.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...40#post5225640

In my old Greek campaign, which can be found in the earlier pages of this thread, shows the Romans getting their arses handed to them. You need to take Apollonia straight away before they gain a foothold in Greece, from then on they will only send the odd fleet to attack you and even then it won't be that hard to repel them.

"The sun, the moon and the stars would have disappe
    ared long ago....... had they happened to be within the reach of predatory human hands."

O'Ciarain's Avatar Miles

Well, kinda late for that, haha. I'm going to go play now and see how it goes. I'm taking screenshots, by the way, but I haven't looked at them, so as soon as I get the chance to look at them and fix them up, I'll throw them up for ya'll.
    In the Name of the Pharaoh... An Egyptian AAR which covers the lifespan of a Desert Axeman and the Egyptian quest for supremacy.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...40#post5225640

Quote Originally Posted by O'Ciarain View Post
    Well, kinda late for that, haha.
    Good point

ared long ago....... had they happened to be within the reach of predatory human hands."

Started a campaign with Egypt. I changed some faction rules like the Greek Cities and Carthage are becoming an naval military power and Gauls and Numidia are now focussing on fortification. Britannia is becoming an tradepower. I haven't got so far yet but i think it's going to be ok
    Also i hope my edit on the Makedonians will change their behavior so they can actually defeat the Brutii!
    Never the less now the Greek Cities and Carthage will preform naval invasions i think
    I hope at least...

Sounds like that will become a very interesting campaign if your edits work out well. I have one question though, what do you mean by making Gaul and Numidia focussing on fortification? Is it that they will create more troops to garrison in their settlements?

My first serious game, as the Julii. The next target is the Iberian peninsula, where the only threat are the Spanish. The Gauls also have a single sizeable army, but after the thrashing they received together with their Briton sugardaddies, they're reluctant to join their new Spanish overlords against Rome. The Scipii have Carthage, but the Carthaginians have struck back, taking Lilybaeum and threatening all of Sicily, while the bulk of the Scippii forces are sitting outside of my capital in Arretium (lol stupid AI). The superpowers are Rome, Germania and Egypt, while Scythia falls under the Germania bloc and the Greek world is being assimilated by the Brutii. The fort you see is about to be taken by the Spanish unfortunately, I just don't seem to have a counter for those Bull warriors. I swear my arrows just bounce off their armor with a 'clink' sound and no damage done, while their morale under a 5 star general is almost impossible to break and their melee skill is top-notch. Perhaps that elite (6 or 7 point) assassin can be put to work on it...

Once the Iberian peninsula is taken, if it's not yet possible to go for Rome, I'll just take some German lands in preparation. What seems a little strange is that the Marian reforms haven't yet occurred. Shouldn't they have? And, I'm not sure what it takes to go after Rome. I know it's popular support, but how can I build that up?

Looks good Vindigo. Never really see Germania take over Dacian territory in my games, they just seem to mill around after they capture a few rebel settlements and one or two Gaulish or British settlements. Jus keep an eye on those Scipii armies outside your capital, they might be preparing for the Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Chapstazz View Post
    Sounds like that will become a very interesting campaign if your edits work out well. I have one question though, what do you mean by making Gaul and Numidia focussing on fortification? Is it that they will create more troops to garrison in their settlements?
    They will be less agressive and their first priority is a strong defence. Walls are the first priority, then farming and then economy. Also indeed they will garisson more troops in cities, taxes will be low, so the barbarian villages will grow fastly. They'll not declare war so quick.
    Also i didn't edited the Julii or Scipii faction so it's going to be a real war there.
    I don't think Carthage will make a chance, although they'll make MORE chance than before. They're more naval focussed now so invading Scipii ships will be sunk quicker which gives Carthage an advantage of expanding, though Numidia has the same system of regime as the Gauls, fortified position, which will make it more difficult for Carthage to stand their ground.
    Macedon will likely defeat the Brutii, which gives the Greek Cities more power and chances to expand across the Mediteranean and even become a supreme power.

I think i had to edit the Seleucid Empire too... Maybe i'll do that later.

Sounds like a very nice twist to the game

Brittania Update: I have captured modern day Denmark and now plan to attack Germania from the North and West, thus sandwiching them. Spain seems to be giving me a hard time but I will eventually pull through and then I will be giving out payback - with interest...
    Last edited by Chapstazz; May 19, 2009 at 03:14 PM.

Here are pictures from my campaign as Brittania. Here is a link to my campaign post: Brittania Campaign

This is my current empire as of right now:

The Current Situation outside of Samarobriva:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Germanic general and his retinue:

The garrisoning force of Samarobriva:

The "Home Defense Force" from England with a reinforcing contingent from Samarobriva. They will be used to engage and destroy the Germanic armies and general outside of my walls:

Here is the current situation following the moves made by all sides and a few ideas I have in mind:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is how about 1/3 of Gaul looks right now after my quick invasion and its fight with Germania:

Here are the moves that have happened and that I have planned:
    The dark blue arrow is what I am going to do with the army in Condate Redonum:
    1) Destroy the rebel army circled in dark grey
    2) And then move down and capture Lemonum

Over by Samarobriva:
    The Light blue arrow shows the movement of the relief army from mainland Britannia
    The red line shows the movement of 3 Germanic armies with an apparent fourth appearing to head towards Samarobriva also.
    The green circle on the far right is one of the Gaul armies that fled into Germania after my invasion and is the closest to fighting anymore of my attempts to attack their two nearest territories.
    The dotted blue line was my original plan to attack Alesia but that's on the burners after Germania entered my territory in "force."

That's the current situation at the moment...
    Therefore I am I must - King of Dyslexia
    My Stories:Wolfmen - Henrick Gleeson - The Woman and the Bread Roll

Vic Vega's Avatar Decanus

Faction:Germania
    Difficulty:m/vh
    Current Situation: In deep trouble. Taken Denmark. Attacked by the British non stop, but i kill their fullstack armies with loss of 10% or less. The financial part is bad. manage to earn 1000+ but constant war and rebels have drained my economy to earning negative money.
    What i'll do next: take over the city east to Germany(something Gothi), this will boost my economy for a while. A counter offensive against the British and take over their mainland Europe city. Sort out the economy and take a few more rebel settlements. Last of all invade and neutralise Briton.

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

I have started a new campaign with Germania, check the sig to look how it is going.
    (Shameless and free advertising)
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

@Encino_Man I liked the way you showed your plans it made it a very intersesting read

Brittania Update: I have invaded Germania with ease. I took their 3 closest cities to my kingdom to expand my realm. Osca is mine aswell, so I will be looking to reinforce my breakthrough there. Romans haven't troubled me yet, however they have 3 full stacks waiting outside Iuvavum. This could either be an invasion force going to Germany, or an invasion force coming to me. They won't break me though

vh/vh

scippii -- sicily, carthage, thapsus, cirta, lepcismagna, sparta, corinth, kydonia, rhodes, and 2 premarian leftovers sieging halicarnassus and sardis....

won the early important battles (sinking the ships that had carthages good troops) and brutii hadnt established their usual greek foothold but were garnering all attention as i stole sparta and corinth inorder to facilitate the conquest of the east (asia minor on one front and egypt via north africa on the latter)

once i get foothold in asia minor i will go defensive for awhile while i begin creating marius scippii armies for the anticipated battle w/ julii (surging through rest of europe including settlements bylazora and byzantium) brutii are just improving the other greek cities for julii and scippii later as they are totally stymied

i am debating whether to go for spain... but that could be a waste of resources.... let julii deal w/ them.....

i know scippii are easy street but i want to get the whole map in a relatively short campaign as the thrill of taking scythia to world domination has diminished over the years....

Senator

Julii Update:
    Year: 188 B.C.
    Difficulty: M/M

I need only 2 more cities to meet the 50 Province goal. My Navy,
    made up of mainly Quinquiremes, is pummeling the Scipii navy.
    As long as I keep them under control, they cannot bring their
    6 Full stacks in North Africa to bear on my mainland. I am also
    training a reserve navy in case my primary navy is destroyed,
    which is unlikely because my Current navy has at least 5
    Chevrons per ship, along with the Silver weapon upgrade. My
    war on the Brutii front, however, is becoming increasingly hard.
    They not control all of Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Armenia, and are
    expanding into Egyptian territory(Israel). I only plan to capture
    the Brutii's 2 remaining Italian provinces, Tarentum and Croton.
    Then, I can win my game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapstazz View Post
    @Encino_Man I liked the way you showed your plans it made it a very interesting read

Brittania Update: I have invaded Germania with ease. I took their 3 closest cities to my kingdom to expand my realm. Osca is mine as well, so I will be looking to reinforce my breakthrough there. Romans haven't troubled me yet, however they have 3 full stacks waiting outside Iuvavum. This could either be an invasion force going to Germany, or an invasion force coming to me. They won't break me though
    Thank you!

And good luck to your campaign against Germania
    Therefore I am I must - King of Dyslexia
    My Stories:Wolfmen - Henrick Gleeson - The Woman and the Bread Roll

Well some comments about Germania and Brittania
    Normally Brittania pwns Germania in just a few turns, which can automaticly say that Brittania is BETTER than Germania. So you have an advantage. By the way, USE THOSE CHARIOTS!!!

Vic Vega's Avatar Decanus

Germania update.

Due to the tight budget i am on, i managed the keep the Britons in Britain. A long lasting peace with Gaul. Destroyed countless Dacian invasions and significantly weakened then but took only one city thats in southern germany from them. Plan anthor attack on the Dacian territory in Poland. Took over Britanny and Normandy. Destroyed a Julii invasion at Tiere. Marching an army to take over Segestica. Segestica will boost my economy majorly and i will have access to better troops in there. In this way i can afford an all out war with the Romans and wipe them out.

I'm now playing a Greek Campaign, I took Macedon and Western Asia Minor.
    I play on Hard/default (don't battle on this pc) and I'm preparing to whipe out the Scipii, I tried to hold Syracuse as long as possible, and it worked for quite a long time, then it was time for the offensive, I took Messina, but as I demolished their troops, the Scipii didn't have time to siege Lilybaelum (new to this game, sorry for the spelling) and the Carthagians were oke to call an alliance between me and them.
    I took Apollonnia (sorry for the writing) from the Brutii, along with Thermon they took of me, and I'm preparing to siege Kroton and Capua in one turn, this should make my conquest of southern Italy easier, and I am going to try to double siege Rome and the last Brutii Settlement in one turn.
    My economy is rolling, as I gained lots of money with my conquests of Sardes, Nicea (looks like that), Halicarnasus and Byzantium in the East, and the entire Greek peninsula in the west :-.