Page 59 of 268 FirstFirst ... 93449505152535455565758596061626364656667686984109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 5343

Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

News from twitter:

It's Monday morning, time to finish the Aedui and Arverni temples. - Brennus
    Last edited by tomySVK; April 03, 2013 at 12:41 PM.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nice news from Twitter again

https://twitter.com/EBTeam

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Good news, looking forward seeing those temples.

Good and exciting news again! Progress seems to be ongoing!

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Working with Alexandrivs on Celtic campaign events. Thought conquering Gaul was easy in EB? Think again. Verincingetorix is coming. -Brennus
    I thought EB's policy regarding historical characters was that they would not be included if they were born after the start date? Or does it refer to massive gaulish revolts?

I guess it is just the possibily of having major revolts like the Vercingetorix one
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    I thought EB's policy regarding historical characters was that they would not be included if they were born after the start date? Or does it refer to massive gaulish revolts?

I recall reading in one of the previews that Verincingetorix (or Wou/Wer-kin-get-o-riks) was actually a title, not a name that refers to a specific individual.

Edit: Never mind, it was in the History section for the Arverni on the EB website. "
    The subsequent, short-lived rebellion by the Arverni chief, recalled by his title (not his name), Vercingetorix, was the last breath of the Gallic lands..."

I always conquered Gaul in my late game( save for an Arverni campaign ), and it wasn't that easy Looking forward to doing that again in EB2

Quote Originally Posted by bojieh View Post
    I always conquered Gaul in my late game( save for an Arverni campaign ), and it wasn't that easy Looking forward to doing that again in EB2
    Yeah it can get rather hectic when Hannibal is going well.. full Hannibal on you. And bulk of your armies is fighting in North Africa, trying to get a foothold there. Oh yeah, Gaeui and Arveni? They're joining the fun too.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

More news from twitter:

In unit dev we're now filling the blanks in the important areas of the Adriatic Sea and the Red Sea. Nice looking units they have. ~JMRC

Nice!! When he says the Adriatic Sea, does he mean the Illyrian side?.

Because in EB1, there were just 2 Illyrian units (i think) (3+1 as it seems), and they were not sth special.

Will we be getting sth new from Illyria? Perhaps Hoplites? Or their age has passed for good at 270 B.C.?

Last edited by Stath's; April 03, 2013 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    Nice!! When he says the Adriatic Sea, does he mean the Illyrian side?.

Because in EB1, there were just 2 Illyrian units (i think) and they were not sth special.

Will we be getting sth new from Illyria? Perhaps Hoplites? Or their age has passed for good at 270 B.C.?

Actually, there were three "generic" Illyrian units (that is, units that everyone could recruit) and one unit just for Epeiros (Illyrian Levy Spearmen). However, I wouldn't call the Illyrian Light Cavalry (Light Cavalry with the "Very_Good_Stamina" attribute, AP axes as a sidearm and a mean charge to boot!) or Illyrian Coastal Levies (Cheap shock troops with AP clubs, combat bonuses in woods and pretty good stamina) "not sth special." The levies (somehow) managed to eat their way through one of my levy phalanxes from the front. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch them do it, since I was making sure I killed the Epeirote elephants.

Right, i forgot the cavalry. It is somewhat good.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Arghh, I still dread facing the Epirotes in EB 1, their AI loves to spam Illyrian units. On the other side I do hope that EB2 will feature more Illyrian units.

News from Twitter!! 4 of them

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Sounds like a new unit: Peltastai Logades, haven't seen those before in EB 1. Correct my greek, but doesn't it mean 'heavy peltasts'?

Quote Originally Posted by Dargaron View Post
    Actually, there were three "generic" Illyrian units (that is, units that everyone could recruit) and one unit just for Epeiros (Illyrian Levy Spearmen). However, I wouldn't call the Illyrian Light Cavalry (Light Cavalry with the "Very_Good_Stamina" attribute, AP axes as a sidearm and a mean charge to boot!) or Illyrian Coastal Levies (Cheap shock troops with AP clubs, combat bonuses in woods and pretty good stamina) "not sth special." The levies (somehow) managed to eat their way through one of my levy phalanxes from the front. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch them do it, since I was making sure I killed the Epeirote elephants.
    Those Coastal Levies can easily be countered by swordsmen or just about any unit with precursor javelins though. My Dugundiz ate them for breakfast.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    Sounds like a new unit: Peltastai Logades, haven't seen those before in EB 1. Correct my greek, but doesn't it mean 'heavy peltasts'?
    Chosen Peltasts basically.

all lookig good over here

every time i see a new fail R2 preview, i dream abouth EB