Page 58 of 268 FirstFirst ... 83348495051525354555657585960616263646566676883108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 5343

Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Kdssow's Avatar Civis

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

I wonder, was EB1 really finished 100%?
    Reading all the comments makes me want to play EB1 right about now.

I think so, all i can remember that it was left out are custom settlements (updating just a little the vanilla settlements so they are more historical accurate, but the knowledge behind making custom settlements were only known to the modding community quite after EB 1.2, so no fault there) and completing the Year on history updates to 14 A.D, they seem to end near 150 b.c or so.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    I think so, all i can remember that it was left out are custom settlements (updating just a little the vanilla settlements so they are more historical accurate, but the knowledge behind making custom settlements were only known to the modding community quite after EB 1.2, so no fault there) and completing the Year on history updates to 14 A.D, they seem to end near 150 b.c or so.
    That's quite interesting. I must say, I never made it that far in an EB campaign before. The furthest I have ever reached was around 170 b.c. as I was trying to get the Roman Marian Reform (did not manage). I love those Year on History updates and I was always curious to how far they reached. Thanks and +Rep for the information!
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

heh np mate
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Great news from twitter, mainly for Celtic fans:

Celtic oppida 50% complete. AI defends and attacks walls correctly. Modelling capture point (a temple). Pics soon, hopefully! - Red Devil.

Thanks EB team
    Last edited by tomySVK; March 13, 2013 at 03:06 AM.

Those oppidum walls were a pain in the a**! but they're finally done indeed. Now we just need to put some life into this settlement with a few buildings...

Your efforts are soul-lifting, many thanks!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
    Those oppidum walls were a pain in the a**! but they're finally done indeed. Now we just need to put some life into this settlement with a few buildings...
    Sound great, thank you

debux's Avatar Senator

That's not fair! Why do the Arche Seleukeia get the Silver Surfer?! What other hereos do you plan to include in the mod, in order for it to be balanced?!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    No, but all jokes aside, those screenies are great. Thanks for sharing your progress!
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Epic new pictures, guys!

Epic sneakpeak! Can't wait to modify the phalangites....
    炸鸡

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think that the latest news on the twitter are really excellent!! Thanks once again!!!

Who likes ponies? ~Tux pic.twitter.com/nREP0DEtqT
    Very nice!

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Very nice!
    Just to get an idea of how they previously were:

oh thats quite an improvement lol! That pic is from the M2TW horses or that was the first version of the EB 2 horses?

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Yes, quite.
    It was from the first EB2 versions using the vanilla horses as a base. Imho the vanilla horses looked even worse than that.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Seems that Horses are going to look much better. Good Job!

Excellent stuff guys!

Also, hopefully when you say the mod will be released much sooner than 2015, you mean early 2013, right?
    that_one_guy: Just your friendly neighborhood grammar Nazi.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by that_one_guy View Post

Also, hopefully when you say the mod will be released much sooner than 2015, you mean early 2013, right?
    When did they say this? I must have missed that

If I remember correctly someone said you can have different sized horses for different units.

I am really waiting to get my Pahlava cataphracts vs Pritannoi ponies.
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."