Page 42 of 268 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051526792142 ... LastLast

Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

roastbeef's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

I can see no spammerz :OO

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvisimo View Post
    Hi guys, can I make a quick suggestion?
    Perhaps it would help to alleviate peoples' desperation for this mod if they new even remotely how finished it was. Can I suggest making a topic (and sticking) titled 'EBII - Progress'

Then have percentages telling us how far the main aspects are e.g

UI x%
    Unit Textures x%
    Unit Models x%
    Faction Cultures x%

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but it would stop all the 'RELEASE DATE PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEE' spammers.

Thanks!
    Although that is a good suggestion, I don't see the point. The EBII stated they will have multiply releases, each with newer content. Just like EBI there will be a version 0.7, 0.8, 1.1, 1.2, and so forth. Of course it means that the versions won't be save compatible, but well waiting to put all those works into one release would take a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Nikephoros Kapatsos View Post
    Although that is a good suggestion, I don't see the point. The EBII stated they will have multiply releases, each with newer content. Just like EBI there will be a version 0.7, 0.8, 1.1, 1.2, and so forth. Of course it means that the versions won't be save compatible, but well waiting to put all those works into one release would take a long time
    Hehe. I just mean so people are not checking this forum every day when it might not be released until next year!

Also, if you had the different fields with different percentages, and a certain area was going slow, you would get people thinking 'hey, i can do X! I could really make a difference here, and would be really appreciated!' resulting in more guys for the EBII team.

P.S I love you guys, when this comes out I WILL EXPLODE. Literally. Like, FotS naval bombardment style.

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Hi guys, can I make a quick suggestion?
    Perhaps it would help to alleviate peoples' desperation for this mod if they new even remotely how finished it was. Can I suggest making a topic (and sticking) titled 'EBII - Progress'

Then have percentages telling us how far the main aspects are e.g

UI x%
    Unit Textures x%
    Unit Models x%
    Faction Cultures x%

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but it would stop all the 'RELEASE DATE PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEE' spammers.

Thanks!

Sorry, the EB team only use MEGACATS for units of completion.
    Currently they are about 4.5*23.12/0 MEGACATS from completion.

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

Quote Originally Posted by • Lyra • View Post

Sorry, the EB team only use MEGACATS for units of completion.
    Currently they are about 4.5*23.12/0 MEGACATS from completion.

~Lyra
    Oh, I see. Is that just so at the end you can say 'ALL MEGACATS ARE COMPLETED'?

Quote Originally Posted by • Lyra • View Post
    4.5*23.12/0

I totally understand this.
    Perhaps you could enlighten us?

well, 23.12/0 = the limit as i approaches 0 from the left of 23.12/i = minus infinity

so 4.5*23.12/0 = minus infinity

in which case, they've finished modelling all of the catas already! Maybe the next preview will be Bactria?

Maybe the next preview will be Bactria?
    Considering the images posted on twitter in the last few weeks, I suppose it will be one of the Hellenistic factions (probably one already known from EB1 I'd guess) or maybe, as Moros seems involved quite a bit, the Sab'yn (less likely, but also quite possible imo).

And finally sig banners check... ~Tux
    This tweet can only mean that a new preview is, more or less, ready to be released, I'd say. So far sig banners were always exclusively part of previews... and "finally" can only mean all other parts of the preview are ready!?

A more (or most?!) unlikely possibility would be, that the Gaza Campaign is to be released in the near future, but I guess that's only me dreaming away here. Though there have been a handful of tweets on mechanics, installation instructions, putting UI's in pack files and such in the last weeks, so perhaps that idea is not totally absurd. I could be totally misreading those tweets though, as I've no idea what they really mean or how mods/campaigns are made/assembled. Actually I'm not even sure if the Gaza Campaign is still on the agenda at all.

Well, anyway... let's see what happens in the next few days. Then we'll know.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorath View Post
    well, 23.12/0 = the limit as i approaches 0 from the left of 23.12/i = minus infinity

so 4.5*23.12/0 = minus infinity

in which case, they've finished modelling all of the catas already! Maybe the next preview will be Bactria?
    So....
    EBII is an infinite amount of time away? :L

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Tactician View Post
    Well, anyway... let's see what happens in the next few days. Then we'll know.
    Hopefully tonight if Moros didn't left you guys for beer and belgian ladies...

And welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post

And welcome back!
    Nah, Belgians are always perfectly on time!

(Gonna set my clock for seven o'clock in the morning, can't really see it tonight as I need to learn my Deutsch skills for a test tomorrow.)

Considering the images posted on twitter in the last few weeks, I suppose it will be one of the Hellenistic factions (probably one already known from EB1 I'd guess) or maybe, as Moros seems involved quite a bit, the Sab'yn (less likely, but also quite possible imo).
    I was just being sarcastic really. Megacats --> catas --> cataphracts --> Bactria... nevermind.

Also, Alin said there was Pyrrhus coinage on the helmet... so ya....

So....
    EBII is an infinite amount of time away? :L
    If there's negative work to be done, it's finished

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

And welcome back!
    Time to cancel all reservations for tonight.

I thought this mod was still miles away from completion?

Hopefully not!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Damn the booze and these belgian chicks!

And welcome back!
    Thanks. I was somewhat stressed at the time and had to catch up with some studying (hence my 4 week TWC-sabbatical).

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Seems like Moros made the right choice .

He could've at least waited for the weekend for those kind of trivial, minor pleasures.

...See EB fans? The girls go for Saba.

Anyway, with Moros, "speaker of truth," he who even Alin cannot equal, what do you expect?

I just obtained some top-secret images and videos that show what Moros was up to yesterday... Although he was supposed to upload the new preview. O tempora, O Moros! Anyway see for yourself:

"Hi Moros, sweety! Come along..."
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Later that evening... Let's to it the Sab'yn way - Party!!

This dance was a gift by the Yemini people for his work on the Sab'yn. After that the party really got going...

I just obtained some top-secret images and videos that show what Moros was up to yesterday... Although he was supposed to upload the new preview. O tempora, O Moros! Anyway see for yourself:

"Hi Moros, sweety! Come along..."

Later that evening... Let's to it the Sab'yn way - Party!!

This dance was a gift by the Yemini people for his work on the Sab'yn. After that the party really got going...

Very.... Interesting.