Page 264 of 268 FirstFirst ... 164214239254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268 LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,280 of 5343

Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Wow, those models are indeed a work of art.

I appreciate the new industry models for cities. I helps me to imagine the lives of every day people in these locations. Thank you for your efforts.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

praise and hail to Ariovistus Suebus, those settlements are awesome!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Firstly, the Getic Royal Guard are amazing looking, love their Hellenistic influenced gear and armor, and secondly holy cow, the Carthaginian city model!

The attention to detail is phenomenal. Great work, Suebus! The inclusion of a bloomery and wine press among the suburban workshops and farms outside the walls is rather remarkable considering the lack of such intricate details in buildings located outside the city in original vanilla Medieval II settlements. Makes me even more excited to see everything located within the walls! I was already impressed with the town/large town model. This is on another level of awesomeness, seeing those towering fortifications.

Libertus

Thank you for your kind words, I do my best. However, my gratitude goes to the IWTE creators. Without them my work would not be possible. And to the other EB 2 developers, which help me with historical informations and ideas.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Lovely new Turanian Archers on the feed. Does that mean we will get a whole Turanian roster ? (Infantry and cavalry maybe ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Lovely new Turanian Archers on the feed. Does that mean we will get a whole Turanian roster ? (Infantry and cavalry maybe ?)
    According to some comments in export_descr_unit and export_descr_buildings, the following far-east unit groups may be planned: Tocharian, Turanian, and Yuezhi.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    According to some comments in export_descr_unit and export_descr_buildings, the following far-east unit groups may be planned: Tocharian, Turanian, and Yuezhi.
    Right I forgot, are all planned units in there ? I have to delve in again.

Still more eastern steppe regional units to come. Though some of them you don't see til late in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Still more eastern steppe regional units to come. Though some of them you don't see til late in the game.
    Great, that will be something to look forward to when playing long games.
    Furthermore I believe capitalism must be destroyed.

Oh boy, I'll be in hot water for saying this (especially since the EB team has been working this for 10+) but it needs to be said so I can get it off my chest.

Someone has been commenting on that the new models having been dipping in quality ever since a certain

Oh boy. I'll be in hot water for saying this especially since the team has been working years for this mod and I hate to say this but I need to get it off my chest.

While posting these unit images in order to get the mods some attention on another site, someone has commented on how the graphics quality of the new unit models (particularly the armor textures) has taken quite a dip in quality ever since a certain modeler/skinner has left the team.

And to a certain extent, he has a point. Compare the Getic Royal Guard to the Pontic Hoplites, the Bosporian Logades and the Hyperaspistai and the Turan Archer-Infantry to the likes of the Sakan Nobles, Sarmatian Retinue or even the Scythian Riders. Particularly that red armor of the Turanians confuse me, is it made in the same material as the linothorax? They resemble the same outfit certain chinese and other asian armies use.

Still imo, the models have downgraded from Great to Good.

Of course, these opinions might be wrong.
    Last edited by Tactics Mayers; March 04, 2021 at 04:09 AM.

Yes the armour textures are less but then again units still look really good. I never liked infantry or cavalry " heads " or " faces " especially models without helmets. Hence why I think why we have so many fan boys playing Romani and Hellenic factions since most of their roster do have helmets so they look aestethically better than " barbaroi " I think it is one of the reasons people play other factions more and another one people tend to go for " Uniform " armies because they are secretly women haha they love those uniforms. Gustave had a very large experience of making armour and shield textures- in my opinion the best of all moders and skinners out there i n TW center so comparing people with him is like comparing Creator to creations who seek to replicate. Anyway I never liked Lugian skirmisher cavalry model faces and heads I think it is one of the worst looking units in the game. But then again EB2 units look fantastic compared to other mods. I do have to say they still look very good for comparison reasons. My favourite factions are NOrthern Europe ones the germanic ones and yes facial textures tend to suffer most for their rosters unfortunetly, but still good looking. If I wouldn t enjoy EB2 units I wouldnt play this mod for 10 years.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I perhaps don't think as highly of the Lugionez models, but I think the head and body models for the Sweboz look fantastic, certainly far more realistic than vanilla M2TW.

You guys are just spoiled (Tactics Myers more so than Bordinis). @Tactics Myers: you either forget how bad vanilla M2TW was or haven't looked at many other mods. EBII is clearly the best, even after Gustave left the team.

The faces of the Getic Royal Guard might look a bit rough around the edges compared to the older units you mentioned, but other newer units look fantastic and are a marked improvement on older models. For instance, the amazing models and textures made by Zarrr, Mathieu and Wermez, including refurbishing units for the Celtiberians and native Iberians and adding ones for other cultures like the Oscan Campanian Cavalry for Italy, the Late Eburones Cavalry for Germania, and the Early Bosporan Cavalry for the Crimea.

I've never really noticed anything before it was mentioned, even the more criticized units look fine to me. They put in a lot of work for something that you'll be zoomed out of most of the time.

However, I have beef on one issue: A lot of the organic cuirasses are depicted funny. On the Getic Royal Guard and in a lot of the Iberian reworks, a lot of the organic armors don't have Pteryges for some reason, despite being ubiquitous in the art I've seen. Instead, the cuirass goes further on the body than it should, which would extend where the pteryges are supposed to be. Another part of this issue is the brown cuirasses, many of which look like they're trying to represent leather (and what's with those studs on the side and bottom on some of them?). If you think it was leather instead of linen despite the textual evidence, good for you. However, from the art we have it is very apparent that these armors were at least a bright white or richly decorated. Although we can't truly know the colors used, in existing artwork I haven't seen any trace of just a boring brown. While this redesigning was meant to increase accuracy and indeed it has, it's still leaving a gap.

TBH they delayed this patch so much I wouldnt mind to wait longer if they added those suburbs and those 3 to 4 new units. Since I am interested to put my fingers on those night raiders..

While I understand what you mean with some of the units faces, some of the upcoming units are some of the best models in the game so far and the quality has improved a lot, especially in regard to the Iberian and Celtic units.

Every unit that's been previewed is in the patch. We only preview finished ones.

The buildings are far too big to include in the patch, you'll have to wait for the next full installer to get those.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    Oh boy. I'll be in hot water for saying this especially since the team has been working years for this mod and I hate to say this but I need to get it off my chest.

While posting these unit images in order to get the mods some attention on another site, someone has commented on how the graphics quality of the new unit models (particularly the armor textures) has taken quite a dip in quality ever since a certain modeler/skinner has left the team.

And to a certain extent, he has a point. Compare the Getic Royal Guard to the Pontic Hoplites, the Bosporian Logades and the Hyperaspistai and the Turan Archer-Infantry to the likes of the Sakan Nobles, Sarmatian Retinue or even the Scythian Riders. Particularly that red armor of the Turanians confuse me, is it made in the same material as the linothorax? They resemble the same outfit certain chinese and other asian armies use.

Still imo, the models have downgraded from Great to Good.

Of course, these opinions might be wrong.
    Well they certainly fixed the Oskywie Culture Swordsmen from 2.35 in 2.35a. That unit portrait was brutal

Lusitanian roster now look waay better my third most played faction. Those skirmishers look interesting and finally having night raiders in the game that is very good news. We now have Another Lunatic unit in the game running arround forests naked.