Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

I personally aren't sure there would have been much difference in practice between the Italian Socii and the Legions by that time anyway.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Will the Amossoi have a late variant? I wanna see them up-armored
    Bump*

No, they are already a late version. They cannot be an early version because use both Montefortino-type helmet and thureos (these elements were introduced during the Barcid arrival and Second Punic War in the Iberian Peninsula and are used to represent the late version of the Iberian units).

The Celtiberian swordsmen can be used to represent the traditional Celtiberian mercenaries in the early stage. The late mercenaries represent something new: warriors that form mercenary armies due to the confederation of several Celtebierian city-states or even soldiers that figth for Carthage, Rome, etc., therefore they are represented as a bit especial units being not too numerous, having an elite status and 120 men in huge.

Interesting. So they will not be available from the start?
    As for their equipment, I guess I expected them to be more heavily armored, them being (ex) mercenaries.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Trarco View Post
    It seems that Emporion didn't play an important role in the adoption of foreign weapons in the Iberian Peninsula. The Hispano-Chalcidian helmet was adopted in Italy and then, developed in the core of the Celtiberian lands as the archaeology reveals. In the case of Emporion, the city spread her influence over her hinterland but it was mainly focused on trade and more specifically on grain trade. Although we know the existence of some Etruscan helmets and even a Macedonian muzzle in the Ilergetian lands, here the panoply didn't experience a Hellenistic influence, instead, it clearly belonged to the La Tene world.

Emporion and the Hellenistic world influenced the local symposium/ Iberian banquet rituals, architecture of walls (see, for example, the oppidum of Ullastret) and another type of material culture such as pottery and coins. Also, a Greco-Iberian script was developed on the Levantine coast.

@Roma_Victrix if you are interested on Emporion, maybe you would like to read this paper (fortunately it's in English). It speaks about the influence of Emporion over the neighbouring peoples, it also speaks about the potential existence of a synecism process between Greeks and Iberians, the Greek identity in those lands, the influenced Iberian elite, etc.

-Greeks and non-Greeks in the City of Emporion and the Construction of Their Different Identities:

http://www.ejournals.eu/electrum/201...e-20/art/1745/
    Thanks for the link and interesting post

Interesting. So they will not be available from the start?
    As for their equipment, I guess I expected them to be more heavily armored, them being (ex) mercenaries.
    No, they will appear after the Celtiberian/Barcid reform, this is why the common Celtiberian swordsmen can also represent Celtiberian mercenaries in the early stage of the game.

Even if they are active mercenaries/veteran mercenaries, they are already very armoured from an Iberian perspective where most of the warriors don't have too much body armour and most of the times, the native armour is organic. The Celtiberian mercenary unit has 2 organic armours, 1 chainmail armour and 2 tunics without protection, so it should be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    Thanks for the link and interesting post
    You are welcome

Thank you for the explanation, Trarco.

What are the inspirations for the Iberian belt buckles? I would like to see pictures of the originals.
    They are very interesting to look at - probably horrible to wear after one gains some weight, though

What about the reworked Champions? Will they have a late version?

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Yes. Thx to Zarrr and wermez we'll get even more units. They have a superhuman output its incredible. I have the bad feeling that skynet send them back into the past to finish all EB units in the next few years... before nuking us

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    I have the bad feeling that skynet send them back into the past to finish all EB units in the next few years... before nuking us
    As long as I get to play a few more campaigns, I'm kind of fine with that. Thank you Zarr and wermez!

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Yes. Thx to Zarrr and wermez we'll get even more units. They have a superhuman output its incredible. I have the bad feeling that skynet send them back into the past to finish all EB units in the next few years... before nuking us
    It makes sense. People would be too busy playing EBII to notice the AI taking command of everything. It will be like: Jason, did you notice that our jobs just got replaced by the machines? Yeah but have you seen this new unit from EBII made by Zarr and Wermez? It's amazing!
    Yeah, but Jason, now the machines are shooting at people and saying "terminate all human life".
    You are just finding excuses to not play the game, come on mate, just check this amazing new city model...

What are the inspirations for the Iberian belt buckles? I would like to see pictures of the originals.
    Actually, is a very well known typology of the Iberian belt buckles:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A few examples:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Yes, but the change won't be radical, they will be a bit more armoured and will have a few Montefortino-type helmets due to Mediterranean influences.

These buckle from right to left... I think. Could you show some that buckle from left to right? I noticed that both versions exist in the game.
    Last edited by Rad; November 10, 2019 at 03:25 PM.

Keep up the good work!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

[Craig voice from South Park]: if more Iberian medium to heavy infantry units wore chainmail armor I would be so happy.

Seriously, though, it's great to see the variety of body armors worn by various units in the game. Iberia seems to have had quite a diverse amount of styles and equipment, from mirror armor of the torso to different varieties of linothorax, from bronze to iron and leather to linen. It's strange that I've learned so much from a mod for a video game.

Keep up the good work, you guys! My only suggestion would be to offer late period heavier versions of certain Celtic and Hellenistic units, to better compete with the Romans who become numerous, super turbocharged heavy infantry by the Marian period.

Is just an impression or the round shields of celtiberian champions and swordsmen look bigger now?

We will either find a way, or make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    Is just an impression or the round shields of celtiberian champions and swordsmen look bigger now?
    I am not entirely sure how they looked like in the old version but the current ones measure about 60 cm in diameter. That was the common measurement of a caetra used by the line infantrymen although there were also both smaller and bigger caetras as it's attested by archaeology.
    Last edited by Trarco; November 16, 2019 at 07:14 PM.

The Late Celtiberian swordsmen will make a fine addition to my collection.

Question about the reworked Lybian cavalry.

Are the warriors with greaves barefoot, or are they wearing a shoe of some sort?