Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Well done!

I apologize for taking so long to even comment on a thread, but, lifes been going on.
    I just wished I had a computer and more time to finally enjoy EB2 ( Yeah, I haven't) I had my son 3 years ago , recently got engaged and, we are moving to Chicago, Illinois.
    Cant wait to enjoy this masterpiece, I will get me a computer by christmas.
    10 years to this thread, time flies.

More newness still to come.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Nobody's going to mention the new Kushite javelin soldiers on the feed? Fine. I'll do it. They're AWESOME.

Although I am not fond of using up the remaining unit slots for a relatively unobtainable, lightly armed skirmisher unit - I will say that they are well made.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Although I am not fond of using up the remaining unit slots for a relatively unobtainable, lightly armed skirmisher unit - I will say that they are well made.
    Our decisions on what is and isn't featured on the unit list are based on the historicity and appropriateness of those units, not what you are personally fond of.

I knew I was going to be told off, it was just too tempting for you
    I am pretty sure that the unit slot could have been used up in a better way, but I'll leave that talk for when the unit slots are no more.

I knew I was going to be told off, it was just too tempting for you
    I am pretty sure that the unit slot could have been used up in a better way, but I'll leave that talk for when the unit slots are no more.
    In this particular instance, it was to ensure we have a balanced and complete roster for the region, especially since Ethiopians will also appear in Egypt and Arabia.

Yes, I am familiar with the current formula.

Kushite Skirmishers :

Remove furs

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Fantastic work on the new Kushite skirmishers. I just hope the Hellenistic dude facing them on the last screenshot is fine

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    Fantastic work on the new Kushite skirmishers. I just hope the Hellenistic dude facing them on the last screenshot is fine

ORANGE MAN SOMETHING

Didn't the team said that the greeks units are complete or almost complete? There's what left? Updating the Thorakitai model and some BGs units?

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Didn't the team said that the greeks units are complete or almost complete? There's what left? Updating the Thorakitai model and some BGs units?
    I think its basically Baktria elite cavalry (that will also be their BG), the only hellenic core unit that is missing.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    I think its basically Baktria elite cavalry (that will also be their BG), the only hellenic core unit that is missing.
    Exactly, thanks Jervaj! And some units are still placeholders, like the hellenic standard bearer. I just hate that unit, it seems completly out of the game due to having the rtw old textures. Before I wouldn't care but after doing a playtesting campaign with the Seleucids I was looking at it every battle and it sure does not fit with the others.

Edit: But it will be changed eventually of course. Huge respect to the members of the team who do that because I have tried to work with unit models and failed every time.
    Last edited by Lusitanio; September 27, 2019 at 04:37 PM.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

The Pontic BG has to be done as well, though I dont think theyre really hellenistic.

Pontic BG is going to be replaced? By what? I would love to know. Also will we be getting more eastern infantry? As pontos i feel like they are seriously lacking in Eastern infantry for the faction they are. I mean until you take the caucus area, you cant even hire "hill men" who use axes and javelins. You get Skirmishers, Archers, Slingers, Eastern spearmen and thats it. Meanwhile Baktria gets Hycranian hill men, and hayasdan the tabargne eranshahr (shield axemen who can fight in line)

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    Pontic BG is going to be replaced? By what? I would love to know. Also will we be getting more eastern infantry? As pontos i feel like they are seriously lacking in Eastern infantry for the faction they are. I mean until you take the caucus area, you cant even hire "hill men" who use axes and javelins. You get Skirmishers, Archers, Slingers, Eastern spearmen and thats it. Meanwhile Baktria gets Hycranian hill men, and hayasdan the tabargne eranshahr (shield axemen who can fight in line)
    There aren't any more eastern units for Anatolia, barring a later shielded cavalry unit. The eastern roster is pretty much done.

Delete please (wrong thread).
    Last edited by Mouzafphaerre; September 28, 2019 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Wrong thread