Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Marvzilla's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Was I.33 for civilian or wartime use ? Remember, Warzechas work is nice but at times I dont agree with him and his conclusions. For example that the shieldwall wasnt possible due to the nature (his idea of it atleast) of fighting with such shields. Theres always more than one way to use an object, sometimes by different people sometimes even by the same. Dont be too dogmatic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Was I.33 for civilian or wartime use ? Remember, Warzechas work is nice but at times I dont agree with him and his conclusions. For example that the shieldwall wasnt possible due to the nature (his idea of it atleast) of fighting with such shields. Theres always more than one way to use an object, sometimes by different people sometimes even by the same. Dont be too dogmatic about it.
    There are no surviving manuals on how to fight in a war, be it a skirmish, siege or pitched battle. One must start from somewhere, no? I'm not being dogmatic, I just can't see how someone can group two very different shields in the same category (I have no issues seeing them in the same unit, btw). Thureos shields cover more of the body, caetras give more options.

Btw, why'd ya folks opt to give so much gear to the new Libyan cavalry? Helmets, greaves, linothorax

Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Btw, why'd ya folks opt to give so much gear to the new Libyan cavalry? Helmets, greaves, linothorax
    I don't know the "official reason" but Libyan cavalry was a common thing in Carthaginian armies, therefore many of them would have good equipment, probably because Carthage would equip them to fight in their wars.

Yh, that makes sense. They are now considerably heavier than the Numidians, interesting. I look forward to seeing the stats and performance changes.
    Last edited by Rad; August 26, 2019 at 12:59 PM.

Yh, that makes sense. They are now considerably heavier than the Numidians, interesting. I look forward to seeing the stats and performance changes.
    I don't think it would change much, they could have better armour but still weren't as good as the great Numidian cavalry. But I still think that the Numidian cavalry is underappreciated in EBII which is why I give them 10 more men on my build.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    I don't think it would change much, they could have better armour but still weren't as good as the great Numidian cavalry. But I still think that the Numidian cavalry is underappreciated in EBII which is why I give them 10 more men on my build.
    Honestly, I don't see much of a practical difference in stats atm. Being cavalry, both units have almost no morale (that actually turned out to be a fun feature). Their defensive stats are virtually non existent. Numidians are better at peppering the enemy with javelins, Libyans are better at charging. However, if I remember correctly, Lybian cavalry are available in far greater numbers in Carthaginian core provinces. That's the deciding factor for me.

Honestly, I don't see much of a practical difference in stats atm. Being cavalry, both units have almost no morale (that actually turned out to be a fun feature). Their defensive stats are virtually non existent. Numidians are better at peppering the enemy with javelins, Libyans are better at charging. However, if I remember correctly, Lybian cavalry are available in far greater numbers in Carthaginian core provinces. That's the deciding factor for me.
    Indeed. And now with the new look I know I will use them much more because I will love to see them in battle x)
    Anyway, that's one of the reasons why I increased the Numidian cavalry numbers, because the 10 man advantage adds a bit more strategic importance to them, something that they didn't had before

Any more African units coming? Preferably with some armor

Any more African units coming? Preferably with some armor
    The Armoured Carthaginian elephant, a beast to behold! Capable of destroying every army that appear and soon available in... Just kidding
    Anyway, I remember seing post in this forum from Quintus saying that there were still some African units left.

I'm trying to smoke out more info lol. With all the new stuff in the Western Mediterranean, a new Carthage campaign is more than due.

QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

There are more regional African units still to come. The updated Libyans have more armour than the placeholder that was there before. There will also be a proper Puno-Numidian Client ruler.

I'm trying to smoke out more info lol.
    It's interesting to see that this thread was created in April 2009, so it is ten years and four months old. Imagine that people (including me) have been trying to smoke out more info and discussing it for 10 years and 4 months. Just

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    It's interesting to see that this thread was created in April 2009, so it is ten years and four months old. Imagine that people (including me) have been trying to smoke out more info and discussing it for 10 years and 4 months. Just
    Merely a year or so younger than Twitter itself
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

I wasn't particularly impressed with the early Lusitanian elites, but the late ones are looking good!
    I very much like the new Montefortino helmet models - although the vertical line in the middle of the right helmet could be polished out.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar I am your sovereign now

Late Lusitani elite infantry for the win! I can't deny that I'm always a sucker for chain mail armor, especially when worn by a unit that looks super cool like this one.

I'm sorry for amy long absence. a lot of things are happening in my RL right now.
    Together with paullus we tried to reconstruct one helmet.

Here is the source image

and here is 3d result. I hope you like it.

Impressive helmet, as always. Seems like Italian but influenced by the greeks. Maybe Samnite?

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Amazing work nazgool!
    Also the new late Lusitanian elite unit is excellent.

Thanks EB team

Beautifully done nazgool & paullus!
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...