Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Isnt there a shield bash animation in the game already? I see them use it oftenly.
    There is, though we changed the mix of some animations going into 2.3 because some weapons used a lot more non-attack animations than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Nice. The only good bug is a dead bug, am I right?
    You said it, Citizen.

Very nice new unit folks!

Question:

Is the end of the spear shaft (the one on the spear head side) fire hardened, painted, covered in cloth or something? Most of the spear shaft is very light brown, but that end is dark brown - but clearly not metalic.

Domaje's Avatar Civis

The helvetii are so neat. Great job !

Good news for the celtic rooster, I'm looking forward to play an gallic campaign with those units.

But for the the Linniluxtos, what is their recruitment era ?

I'm curious, who were the Linniluxtos (lake man) and from where will they be recruitable? They remind me of Dale from the TATW mod.

Great job by the team. Also cheers to the new Scribus! ,

The Lake Men don't have an era; they're available for the whole span of the game, but only in three places: Moridunon, Kambodunon and Illiberi.

So, there will be in the 2.35 at least 6 new celtic units
    - Linniluxtos
    - Gaisoualos
    - Cisalpine cavalry
    - Galathraikioi
    - Norique swordmen
    - Armorican nobles

Is-it possible to know what will be the celtic name of cisalpine cavalry, Norique swordmen, Armorican nobles and Armorican tribesmen ?

In order, Epades Dessis, Isarnouiroi, Uxselouiroi Desnouon and Katuos Aremorei.

Thank you.

Those units are very good.

When 2.35 will be released, the first faction that I will play will surely be Aedui or Aruernoi.

Quote Originally Posted by torf View Post
    Thank you.

Those units are very good.

When 2.35 will be released, the first faction that I will play will surely be Aedui or Aruernoi.
    me too. I now have a carthaginian, a hellenistic and a celtic campaign all queued up once 2.35 comes out.

I'm just curious after seeing all these new units that I have to ask: how many units are left to be inserted in the game? You have the 500 unit limit but I don't know how many units already are in the game.
    And by the way, are you guys planning to add the Sardinian unit for the next release?

hellenistic
    The KH will have a bunch of new offices courtesy of myself and new team member mephiston coming up. Other newer hellenistic traits probably won't make it into 2.35.

celtic
    Not sure when the cutoff point for 2.3 was on Celtic traits, but there should be a decent number of new ones. Is CelticFeast in 2.3? (eg. Premier Circle, Feast Organizer, Second Circle, Third Circle)
    Last edited by Genghis Skahn; September 15, 2018 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    I'm just curious after seeing all these new units that I have to ask: how many units are left to be inserted in the game? You have the 500 unit limit but I don't know how many units already are in the game.
    And by the way, are you guys planning to add the Sardinian unit for the next release?
    There are 393 units currently in the dev build, but that includes ships and artillery. We have plans for all 500 of those slots eventually.

Nope, the Shardana won't make 2.35, they haven't even been started.

No, the feast circles aren't in game in the 2.3.
    Archeologicaly, this classification has been made with the presence of some objects in the tombs (amphorae, dinking objects, cooking objects, ...). So, I'm curious to know what will be the trigger for thoses levels (wealth, command stars, ...).

Treveri cavalry - In my opinion, the current shield placement ruins an otherwise impressive looking new unit. Same goes for all cavalry with the same... affliction.
    Last edited by Rad; September 19, 2018 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Treveri cavalry - In my opinion, the current shield placement ruins an otherwise impressive looking new unit. Same goes for all cavalry with the same... affliction.
    Agreed.
    Still it's great to see the fantastic work done in new units (and I get the impression that I'm seeing a pattern that might mean something else...) and to hear about the new mechanics like the central Asia migrations!

We're aware of the problem and have no one who is able and/or willing to fix it ATM. However, it is a bit much to say that it ruins the unit; it doesn't look good, but saying that it ruins the unit is just blowing things out of proportion. Nevertheless, the clipping certainly does interfere with the making of proper unit cards IMO, since it is difficult to hide the shield sticking into the horse's neck.
    Last edited by Genghis Skahn; September 19, 2018 at 01:25 PM.

I am not blowing things out of proportion. I wish I was. The models look amazing but the current shield placement makes them look challenged. It's a needle in the eye.
    Last edited by Rad; September 19, 2018 at 02:11 PM.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Great new units, though I´m more intrigued by the news on the Saka. Will there be similar mechanics for other nomadic or nomadic community including factions such as Sarmatians or the Bosporitans ?

Incoming!