Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Sorry Quintus, I was trying to say if that would work for units that could have both spear and sword.
    For cavalry, yes. For infantry, no.

Infantry are bugged in M2TW, two melee weapons doesn't really work, they switch between them seemingly at random. That's why we don't have any infantry with spear and sword, and why pike phalanxes don't have a secondary weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Infantry are bugged in M2TW, two melee weapons doesn't really work, they switch between them seemingly at random. That's why we don't have any infantry with spear and sword, and why pike phalanxes don't have a secondary weapon.
    This will always vex me. Classic RTS games like Battle for Middle Earth managed to enable weapon switches without any issue... drifts away to fond childhood memories*

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Pssst btw top tip: take part in the screenshot contest folks! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...enshot-contest

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I just want to say that I am tickled pink by the use of the Starship Troopers gif as a way to say you guys are killing bugs in the game. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I just want to say that I am tickled pink by the use of the Starship Troopers gif as a way to say you guys are killing bugs in the game. Lol.
    When I first saw starship trooper movie, I thought when did they make a movie for Starcraft....

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I'm a huge Starship Troopers fan since I saw it about a year ago. One of the best satire pieces of all time!

Ah, bug-squashing? 2.35 progress?

Desire to know more intensifies

I've been doing my part!

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Oh no, 2.35 will be released in the near future and I'm only half way to the marian reform... It can't be right !

I hope you have included the changes to the diplomacy you wrote and released in a thread on this forum QS. I don't know if you had a lot of feedback about it, but it is so much of an improvement to be able to use the diplomatic options properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    Oh no, 2.35 will be released in the near future and I'm only half way to the marian reform... It can't be right !

I hope you have included the changes to the diplomacy you wrote and released in a thread on this forum QS. I don't know if you had a lot of feedback about it, but it is so much of an improvement to be able to use the diplomatic options properly.
    Did you mean the removal of the difficulty-based normalisation in the descr_faction_standing, or the update to the AI diplomatic stance script? Both are in 2.35, though feedback is always useful.

EB2 is the only thing that brought me back to M2TW and to the TW series in general. And it's the only thing that truly breaks the paradigm of 'mere game' with enough immersion, historical accuracy, fidelity and so on. It's nice to be able to hear taunts in Koine Greek, or Gaulish - it's a brilliant concept that other mods and games have never managed to realize properly, even in the TW series. Overall, a very good job.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Well, I did not saw any files here changing the normalisation of the relations between factions. But I got the changes you made to the AI diplomatic stance, which allow to make peace with AI without the Force Diplomacy script, and better, factions to make peace between themselves. I play on H/M and it really smooths the campaign a lot, as the factions are willing to peace out when they suffer to much from war, meaning they tend to lose settlements less often. Thought it do not mean a passive AI, there are a lot of fights, and a lot of wars, but they are not never ending - unless for that First Syrian War !
    The map is nice too, as there is not so much "bordergore".
    Here's my romani campaign, on turn 270.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180903222953_1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	354826

I'm hoping Scorpions will finally be useful, so I can enjoy Roman campaign properly. They just plink away, scoring few kills, unlike Oxybeles, which is IMO most devastating ranged unit in EBII.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I'm hoping Scorpions will finally be useful, so I can enjoy Roman campaign properly. They just plink away, scoring few kills, unlike Oxybeles, which is IMO most devastating ranged unit in EBII.
    I find Scorpions extremely useful. They have a long range of fire, so they can easily provoke the AI into attacking me. Otherwise, I face an AI that just stands in place, or even worse - it marches away to the other end of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I find Scorpions extremely useful. They have a long range of fire, so they can easily provoke the AI into attacking me. Otherwise, I face an AI that just stands in place, or even worse - it marches away to the other end of the map.
    You can do that with three times cheaper unit of light cavalry that does not slow you down on campaign map, and is able to actually do better if it survives the kamikaze assault.

I think that the Scorpions have the movement speed of infantry. Will need to check that though

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

For cavalry, yes. For infantry, no.Infantry are bugged in M2TW, two melee weapons doesn't really work, they switch between them seemingly at random. That's why we don't have any infantry with spear and sword, and why pike phalanxes don't have a secondary weapon.
    Could this be used to give shields an attack animation? Say for example give Hoplites the ability to use both their spears and shields as weapons. Is it possible to make units attack with their left hands without dropping the weapon in the right?
    Last edited by James the Red; September 06, 2018 at 02:28 PM.

Isnt there a shield bash animation in the game already? I see them use it oftenly.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Am I the only one who is super impressed by the attention to detail on the plaid clothing of the new Helvetii unit? Looks pretty damn realistic to me; fantastic stuff, you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post
    Ah, bug-squashing? 2.35 progress?

Desire to know more intensifies
    I've been doing my part!
    Nice. The only good bug is a dead bug, am I right?

An impressive unit, very detailed. I will be waiting to fight against them x)