Page 23 of 268 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132334873123 ... LastLast

Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

wiande's Avatar Miles

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

they already confirmed that there will be no galatian faction, but maybe a bythinia/galatian faction, but not in first release that's sure

Populus Romanus's Avatar Senator
    Redmond, Washington, United States of America

Bartix faction!

Quote Originally Posted by medievaldude View Post
    WHY does it remind me of the infamous Thureophoroi so much?
    Thureophoroi were pretty much heavy armoured , no? at least on EB 1

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Willy View Post
    Thureophoroi were pretty much heavy armoured , no? at least on EB 1
    Not as much as the thorakitai. Maybe fair to say they're medium?
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

WELL, you guys know those Unarmoured Thureophoroi I'm talking about

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

Curses! My dreams of a Celtic Middle East must wait! What justification could there be for a Galatian-Bythinian merger, though? I had thought the two were distinct, as Bythinia was supposed to be Thracian in origin.

Horatius Flaccus's Avatar Biarchus

The tribes that 'founded' Galatia overrun Bythinia just before EB's start date.

See Bobbin's post. I was (very) wrong.
    Last edited by Horatius Flaccus; June 21, 2011 at 02:08 PM.

Campidoctor

The Bithynian king invited them over to fight for him against his brother who was leading a rebellion, so by our start date the two nations were in an alliance of sorts.

Oh, cool. Sounds feasible, a kind of "barbarian" equivalent to KH. I'll look forward to that.

yes hopefully another faction added to Asia minor. Another to conquer for a throne of the Powerful....

Ductus Exemplo
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

It's not confirmed! And it will certainly not be in the first release. They just said that if a Galatian faction is implemented, it will be as a joint Bythinian-Galatian faction.

Praeses

In retrospect there's a tweet there about three celtic reforms. IIRC there were two in EB, so it'll interesting to see how changes in keltic society are maopped out in this one.

I mean we've been told there will be increasingly heay armour on stock units, with skins to match, but I wonder how the economy will be impacted? Maybe a more militarised society will be reflected in less effective economic institutions? "We now have uber inf, but we can no longer afford them!" or something like that.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    but I wonder how the economy will be impacted? Maybe a more militarised society will be reflected in less effective economic institutions? "We now have uber inf, but we can no longer afford them!" or something like that.
    yeah, i want to know how population in each settlement will effect these armoured soldiers
    or possibly when you recruit a certain amount of them, say the next 3 turns you will be able to re-recruit those units. Sort of a response needed for more people to fill up the ranks of or take their places of the enlisted who gone to war, so their society can well function again and so on. but after those turns of waiting they can be recruited again something like that and the cycle will begin again .

Unit stats being completely remade and balanced with help from Aradan's EDUmatic, which was tailored for EB2. ~JMRC
    Last edited by medievaldude; June 22, 2011 at 08:15 PM.

Ductus Exemplo

Mulattothrasher's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    In retrospect there's a tweet there about three celtic reforms. IIRC there were two in EB, so it'll interesting to see how changes in keltic society are maopped out in this one.

I mean we've been told there will be increasingly heay armour on stock units, with skins to match, but I wonder how the economy will be impacted? Maybe a more militarised society will be reflected in less effective economic institutions? "We now have uber inf, but we can no longer afford them!" or something like that.
    The 3 reforms I did not explain correctly. There are *two* actual reforms that the player can achieve, but in game the way I think about it is that the units the player begins with when they start playing the Celts constitute one reform tier/bloc, then the player actually does what required for the next reform and reaches that one with that bloc of units, and then they reach the goals that usher in the last reform (3rd reform) and can recruit the third bloc or tier of units. Sorry about the confusion

Concerning the economy, this is all in the works. Foot could explain more perhaps, but so far nothing is completed 100%.

Toshiro_Umezawa's Avatar Civis

Finished the model of a General for a yet undisclosed faction. Can't give details or I may give the faction away... :-) ~JMRC
    Undisclosed faction incoming ....
    Hyozan's founder

"Vengeance, Justice...Fire and Blood!"

squeehunter's Avatar Libertus

Why does this screenshot says 313 BC? http://imageshack.us/f/638/unled2mv.jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by squeehunter View Post
    Because the map is part of the Gaza Campaign, which is during the Diadochi wars between Seleukids and Ptolemaes if I'm not mistaken.
    YATS: Manius Aquillius Tuscus, 46, Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by squeehunter View Post
    Foot said:

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Not quite. You might notice that view from the camera does not match what should be appearing based on that map. That's another map altogether that is being used for testing. We just haven't got the minimap sorted for it. Sorry to disappoint.

Foot

Populus Romanus's Avatar Senator
    Redmond, Washington, United States of America

Gaza campaign looks beast

Lol at all the hooplah over 'we want more factions in Asia Minor'. There are four factions there already, whereas the region of central Europe has very little and Iberia only two. Plus the Russian regions have nothing there.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri