Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    Speaking about faction symbols, how attested is the use of the molossian hound in epirote iconography? it is enough to make it the faction symbol?
    I've seen several epirote coins and on most of them appear references to zeus dodonaios or other gods, but i have never seen a single one depicting a molossian hound.
    I'm not sure it has much of a presence in Epirote iconography. Hounds do occasionally show up on Hellenic coinage, including on that of Epidamnos, but I haven't seen it on Epirote coins either. From what I can tell, the decision was originally made because the Molossian dog made for a clear connection to the region and because it made for an easily recognisable symbol.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Nice new Eastern Generals unit-based portrait pack. luckely its no paid DLC ;-) love it.
    just wondering, in the mercenary pool there is a new unit image (second from the right, next to the Thracian peltast) is that a new image for the Kurepos (merc Celtic cavalry) or is it going to be a new unit?

Kurepos are already a different unit to the recruitable Leuce Epos or Eponados - check their stats and skins (and mounts). But it's no change on what you already see.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Kurepos are already a different unit to the recruitable Leuce Epos or Eponados - check their stats and skins (and mounts). But it's no change on what you already see.
    oh, oke, thanks. I thought there stats and name where different just because it is a mercenary. Just like merc Hoplites and regular Hoplites . Altrough both have a different unit model as well.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

New eastern generals portraits looks really great can not wait for the new release. Any chance that battle map eastern general models will get implemented in 2.3? I know you said in the past that they are on the list just they are not a priority. However, since unit rosters of most factions get much more stuffed with units since then, I think it might be apropriate to raise the issue again. In EB1 Pontic general with his amazing phrigian helmet was one of my favourite battle map models in entire game, seing Pontic general in EB2 looking like some random greek cavalry officer has been quite dissapointing for me.

I sympathize with Demagogos. I miss the uniqueness. Kind of detracts a bit from Role playing.

Ptolemaioi now have two missions. The first has been there for ages, but didn't work properly thanks to a typo - intervening in Syrakousai if Carthage threatens it. The second is the option to restore a Spartan king if the city falls.

You probably have to reconquer it, and then Sparta returns to KH?
    изишо је тад домаћин тмури
    и сву штенад потрпо у џак.

The unintentional doubling of Greek recruitment when a Hellenistic faction built an Allied Government in a settlement that already has a polis present has now been removed.

If things seem quiet on the feeds, that's because we're doing an awful lot of playtesting and polishing right now. I don't think the text files have been so active in being repeatedly updated.

Maybe it doesn't deserve a tweet, but all the descriptions of the Celtiberian units have been rewritten with historically accurate information. The descriptions of the Lusitanian and Iberian units will be changed in the future too.

Man, that deserves like 10 tweets! The only thing that I dam complain about is that I would LOVE to see source below descritions. Without precise numbers of sites in the book. Just name of The book, scelpture, archeological data
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

also:

JOIN PETITION OF REMOVING HARDCODED LIMITS

LET CA HEAR YOU !

Quote Originally Posted by Trarco View Post
    Maybe it doesn't deserve a tweet, but all the descriptions of the Celtiberian units have been rewritten with historically accurate information. The descriptions of the Lusitanian and Iberian units will be changed in the future too.
    Wut about the mentions of "studded leather armor" in the Dacian units, mista?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Wut about the mentions of "studded leather armor" in the Dacian units, mista?
    He failed to mention it?! THAT'S A BEHEADING.

Quote Originally Posted by Trarco View Post
    This SO deserves a tweet! I'd like to see better descriptions so bad. Like Rail93 said, it'll be great if there were sources too!

Who are these Penetratii Siffredi the FB page announced?

Look at that glorious new Hellenistic general. If someone could get rid of that heavy aspis, I could accept that as the permanent look of all Successor-state hegemons. Now if only the Sarmatian placeholder can be done away with and replaced with a more reasonable common model for the Persian-esque nations (e.g. Armenia, Parthia, Pontus (?)). Also, maybe a unique model just for the Saka? Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself...

That's about right The real question is over hand or under hand.

Well those are Praetorian Cockorts
    изишо је тад домаћин тмури
    и сву штенад потрпо у џак.

Wait...wut ..

Lol