Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

One of the things alluded to in the blizzard to tweets: there is indeed a Player's Guide in the works. You saw some of the pages from it there.

WOW! Updates!!! yay!

Biarchus

A lot of updates....

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Good job, you guys! These changes aught to really help with campaign map strategy and immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    One of the things alluded to in the blizzard to tweets: there is indeed a Player's Guide in the works. You saw some of the pages from it there.
    I think that's a very good idea especially for new players.

Damn that is a lot of updates! Nice!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

This is a lot of really cool stuff and can't wait for the next release! But there's still some things I don't get.

How do the nomadic incursions work? Is it Seleukid-only thing? Would my lands be steppe-raided if I migrated the Seleukids to Greece? Or is it tied to specific lands? If I conquered the lands north of these raid prone lands, would I still get raided?

What does this mean? "In Phase II, individual tribes will be able to follow separate paths outside the core. At least one will probably get Scandinavia."

Quote Originally Posted by doeop View Post
    How do the nomadic incursions work? Is it Seleukid-only thing? Would my lands be steppe-raided if I migrated the Seleukids to Greece? Or is it tied to specific lands? If I conquered the lands north of these raid prone lands, would I still get raided?
    Seleukid player only, they're random, and only occur while they own specific provinces (as in those which can be raided). You'll still get raided no matter what you do, as long as you hold those provinces, taking some settlements on the steppe won't have any meaningful impact on the nomads who live in the spaces between settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by doeop View Post
    What does this mean? "In Phase II, individual tribes will be able to follow separate paths outside the core. At least one will probably get Scandinavia."
    That was a response to a question on the Sweboz tribal core area tweet. An individual asked why Scandinavia wasn't part of the core, and the answer is that a lot more changes are planned for Sweboz (although probably not in time for v2.3) in which individual tribes will be able to migrate to areas outside the core region, and still have recruitment. But it will be a reduced set of tribes going to different areas - and the likelihood is very high that at least one tribe will be able to migrate to Scandinavia and build it's subset of core units there. However there's still a LOT of concepting going on for this.
    EBII Council

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

That one unit card is kinda awkward...
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    That one unit card is kinda awkward...
    The old one or the new one? Historical accuracy aside, I don't think anyone would want to stand in a cactus thicket like the one on the old unit card.
    The torn garments on the new one kinda look like the guy just escaped from the cacti...

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    The old one or the new one? Historical accuracy aside, I don't think anyone would want to stand in a cactus thicket like the one on the lod unit card.
    The torn garments on the new one kinda look like the guy just escaped from the cacti...
    There are no torn garments on the new unit card. The slinger is wearing an animal skin over his tunic. Look closer.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

I mean the posture of the guy in the new one.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Gangstaz in da dominium, 269 BC

Last edited by Rad; August 02, 2017 at 10:24 AM.

By the way, why do slingers have a combat bonus in woods? Doesn't make much sense for their primary weapon IMO.

Wait Quintus, what do you mean by Seleukid player only? What happens in the hypothetical situation that Ptolemaic Egypt conquers all original territories that the Seleukids own? Even if they own the exact same settlements that were under threat from nomadic raids, they are suddenly NOT going to experience those incursions because of a regime change? How about the Bactrians who had to constantly hold off nomadic hordes? They also won't be experiencing these "incursions"?

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    Wait Quintus, what do you mean by Seleukid player only? What happens in the hypothetical situation that Ptolemaic Egypt conquers all original territories that the Seleukids own? Even if they own the exact same settlements that were under threat from nomadic raids, they are suddenly NOT going to experience those incursions because of a regime change? How about the Bactrians who had to constantly hold off nomadic hordes? They also won't be experiencing these "incursions"?
    I mean only the Seleukid player has to deal with this, it's specific to them. It's a gameplay feature for the Seleukid player, same as the kingship script is a feature for the Ptolemaic player.

The way to look at Nomad incursions is that the Seleukids are a huge faction, and their Nomad Faction neighbors take that into account. That size is a big advantage for the human player (especially once you address the start-game instability), so this is a way to add some historical degree of difficulty. By contrast, the Baktrians don't need this since they are smaller and already have aggressive Nomad faction neighbors to deal with.

Athanaric - I've asked our stat guy to look at your slinger question.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Athanaric - I've asked our stat guy to look at your slinger question.
    Thanks. I don't know how those terrain bonuses work exactly - if it's just a movement, stealth, or stamina bonus, it makes sense (since slingers don't carry large, cumbersome pieces of equipment). Only (ranged) attack bonuses would be weird given how ranged weapons work, especially slings, which need space to operate.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Reworked faction symbol on the feed. I guess its the getai