Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

I think it's scale

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Cool! For what faction are they?

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    Since a lot of those steppe units are cavalry, have you considered to vary numbers a bit too? Maybe have units with ~200 weaker cavalry or something like that.
    Cavalry units won't get bigger, especially not skirmishing cavalry. It's difficult enough to get 100 horsemen in loose formation on the battle map, that messes with pathfinding something chronic already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    New unit on the fb feed - assault infantry
    They're not assault infantry, they're simply heavy infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Awesome! There seems to be a new unit for this game every single day! Is that chainmail or scale mail that I see some of them wearing?
    Scale.

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Cool! For what faction are they?
    They're regionals, so anyone who holds Paniardis or Kutatisi. They're also (expensive) mercs.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The thing to understand about the current steppe roster is that it's really very underdeveloped. We have the factional rosters for Sauromatae, Saka and Pahlava pretty much complete. But we're re-using those units as regionals for other factions, which is not the final implementation. There are something in the region of 30 regional units (Skythians and Dahae are well advanced, none of the rest are) on the Unit List which are supposed to be there for everyone else to use.
    So in the future when we have all units those units will be transfered to home factions and not be available as mercs to other non home factions? because when you released autumn release i noticed that many factional units such as germanic spearmen and others are made into mercs to all of factions nearby so in the future you will be closing those factional units to father factions and no more mercs for others as i understand.

have broken tongue from their name.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Cool. I figured it was scale mail; just couldn't tell from that distance.

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    So in the future when we have all units those units will be transfered to home factions and not be available as mercs to other non home factions? because when you released autumn release i noticed that many factional units such as germanic spearmen and others are made into mercs to all of factions nearby so in the future you will be closing those factional units to father factions and no more mercs for others as i understand.
    Steppe units, not all factional units in general. There's nothing particularly "factional" about the Germanic spearmen, for example, so while we will get a handful of Germanic regionals, there won't be the wholesale transfer of units as with the steppe ones.

Axes+javelins+shields+armor makes them assault infantry
    What else would they need to qualify?
    Last edited by Rad; May 08, 2016 at 10:36 AM.

Steppe units, not all factional units in general. There's nothing particularly "factional" about the Germanic spearmen, for example, so while we will get a handful of Germanic regionals, there won't be the wholesale transfer of units as with the steppe ones.
    Your answers are always very intelligent. I want to be very smart like you. Improve my english.What do you eat? what do you read most of the time? ;DD Can You believe it or not but sometimes i don't understand what you write here ;DDD
    Last edited by bordinis; May 08, 2016 at 11:19 AM.

What I was saying was that the business of current units being transferred to being factional-only, as new regional ones are added, only applies in the case of the steppe roster. As in units used by Pahlava, Sauromatae and Saka.

It does not apply to any other faction's units.

Yep, many more Celtic units planned, a handful more Germanic.

Not much more Eastern heavy cavalry, but lots more steppe cavalry, including nobles and cataphracts.
    Great news! Any form for Triballi troops?

^ Meant to say, any plans for Triballi troops?

Got it man. Believe it or not i often go to sleep thinking about barbarorum factions and possibilities units and history before my sleep just to forget my problems. The sleep is sweeter with this that you are making.

Yep, there's a Triballi unit on the list. Though I don't think it's been concepted or developed at all, yet.

What about Scordisci?

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Again amazing news from twitter! Armenian units are very special in EB II I really like new Hellenistic units, the new Tarantine Hippeis are really great, I really like your depiction of these iconic warriors on ancient times

There is a new issue of Ancient Warfare magazine coming out soon, the issue is called Wars in Hellenistic Egypt. Here is a centre illustration of the issue showing the fateful fall of Ptolemy VI:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I hope you will like this picture as I think EB team also bring us the Hellenistic world in different, but also very colourful way! Thanks guys!

More about AW magazine here: http://www.karwansaraypublishers.com...cient-warfare/

Indo-Greeks are still planned, Agrianians have been cut for lack of evidence. They're already covered by the Illyrian Peltastai/Hoplitai.
    What do you mean by lack of evidence?

Nice pic tomy!

will those ligurians also be availible as mercenaries? According to polybius the carthaginans used some in the first punic war

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Nice pic tomy!

will those ligurians also be availible as mercenaries? According to polybius the carthaginans used some in the first punic war
    No mercenaries, but Carthage can get them from a few other locations than Liguria via their trade colonies, I believe.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    No mercenaries, but Carthage can get them from a few other locations than Liguria via their trade colonies, I believe.
    cool that sounds really interessting! omt (tanit) the carthage campaign in 2.2 will be so interessting

You've just reminded me to update the descr_mercenaries - there's a note in the Italia and Magna Graecia pools to replace some Celtic Swordsmen with Ligurians.