Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Oh boy...here it comes.
    This is probably gonna cause a riot.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Anubis, what have you done?! It'll be the end of us all!
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

That letter!
    Not a fanboy, but I consider them one of the most iconic troops of the mod.

gustave's Avatar Semisalis
    Patrician

Nazgool is currently modeling the historically accurate leather briefs.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by gustave View Post
    Nazgool is currently modeling the historically accurate leather briefs.
    Ah, the age old question when it comes to US presidents and the ancient Spartans: boxers, or briefs?

oh boy oh boy oh boy ohboy ohboyohboyohboy...

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    A random picture popped up on Twitter... No idea what it's doing there
    The Koinon of the Akhaians is not impressed with that picture.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Spartan hoplites are coming. Get hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post

Spartan hoplites are coming. Get rekt.
    Allow me to correct that for you.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Psh. Spartans. All big and oiled muscles, but in the end they're not big where it really matters *pats the sarissa*.

Speaking about sparta... Will they have recruitable phalangitai after experiencing one of the Greek reforms?

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    Speaking about sparta... Will they have recruitable phalangitai after experiencing one of the Greek reforms?
    Probably only KH phalanx unit. But it will be great to face as Makedonia the reformed spartan phalanx in re-fight of Sellasia

Once you go down that road, there will be Spartan peltasts, Spartan Thureophoroi, Spartan Thorakitai, Spartan Legionnaires, Spartan flaming pigs, Lena Headey screeching women...

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Once you go down that road, there will be Spartan peltasts, Spartan Thureophoroi, Spartan Thorakitai, Spartan Legionnaires, Spartan flaming pigs, Lena Headey screeching women...
    Having said that, it's not impossible we might see a reform unit coming from Lakonike.

My thanks in advance.

No. The way I've rejigged things in Sparte specifically, they no longer have most of the impacts of the Hellenistic reforms, only their own Agiad reform. Their adoption of the Makedonian phalanx was brief and never really took hold.

For the rest of southern Greece, it comes with the late (Thorakitai) reform in 222BC.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I don't think so there would be another pure spartan unit, it's koinon hellenon after all not Sparta.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Huh? Of course not. You didn't get it. It was a joke, and its point was that giving Sparta more than one unit is not realistic.
    Last edited by Rad; April 14, 2016 at 08:03 AM.

The maps looks a lot less flat in those pictures. Are you guys gonna do that in more places?
    Those mountain textures look a bit weird though.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

I wonder if they increased elevation in some other places. The Iranian Plateau and the western Balkans could be a bit more elevated.
    Anyway, do I see a custom oasis-lake graphics/texture near Ammon? I don't know if this is present in the current EB version.

EDIT: I just checked. Not only those are new graphics, I forgot that Ammon wasn't even present on the map as a settlement. Great job!
    Last edited by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σω April 14, 2016 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No. The way I've rejigged things in Sparte specifically, they no longer have most of the impacts of the Hellenistic reforms, only their own Agiad reform. Their adoption of the Makedonian phalanx was brief and never really took hold.

For the rest of southern Greece, it comes with the late (Thorakitai) reform in 222BC.
    Ah, does it mean that Sparta will have the Cretan units and the Tarantine Cavalry to recruit?

Maybe there would be even more Spartan Hoplites (A max number of 2 Spartan Hoplites as opposed to only 1) to recruit due to the reforms.

But they should still have a phalanx unit since they did use the sarrisa regardless of how brief it is and omit it would be odd. Maybe they should be limited to the Phalangitai Deuteroi?