Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

OMG those cataphracts =D amazing work nazgool like always. I wonder how awesome their seleucid and bactrian counterparts will look ingame =)

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Something awe-inspiring this way comes... With the sound of thundering hooves echoing in the distance and the faint glint of metal emerging on the horizon... Let him who faces the horsemen of the north throw down his arms and flee in despair before the terror which only the nomads can bring...

Quote Originally Posted by Twitter
    Concepted by Arjos, made by Arsaces II
    (Which means I'm just the messenger, all thanks and praise should go to these guys (and the rest of the EB team) )
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Skuda Azdata (Scythian Nobles)

I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

amazing work!

The new units are looking astonishing, love them!

Also the highly technical ilustration got me curious, are you making a new animation to solve the old problem of the shield positioning or is only for a specific new unit?

These guys are lance+sword right?
    Also, a guy in the middle picture seems to be missing his legs. Very bad if you're a horseman. Very bad indeed.

Awesome models.
    Last edited by Rad; September 15, 2015 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    These guys are lance+sword right?
    Also, a guy in the middle picture seems to be missing his legs.
    Yes, they are lance+sword.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Holy crap, man! The first EB release was really lacking overall in available units. However, judging by all the Twitter page pics released over the past nine months, the new release will be a game to rival Medieval II (let alone kicking Rome II's ass and delivering a fatal knockout punch). Mind you, I think a patch should come after this release to update Rome so that it has Marian-era units (addressed in the meantime by Midnite's submod), but overall I think the EB team will be largely finished with this project, yes? Or do you guys plan on major things and improvements down the road? The settlements could certainly be improved, and that includes Greek, Roman, and Eastern cities (all of which lack true city centers, looks pretty barren, not realistic without temples and forums). The nomadic, Celtic and Germanic settlements look fantastic, though.

We're not finished at all with the autumn release!

There's loads still to go into all the rosters; there are plans for units for a third and possily fourth release, and even then I doubt we'll be up to the planned 480-odd units. That's without looking at things like settlements.

On the gameplay front that I'm most heavily involved in, there are all sorts of plans for new features which will be added. Even in areas like recruitment from buildings, we're not finished. The form of "barbarian" governments you'll get in the autumn release, while an improvement on what was there before, is only a placeholder for a more ambitious one.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Scythian nobles looks extremly good. It seems to be one of my favourite units so far.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    On the gameplay front that I'm most heavily involved in, there are all sorts of plans for new features which will be added. Even in areas like recruitment from buildings, we're not finished. The form of "barbarian" governments you'll get in the autumn release, while an improvement on what was there before, is only a placeholder for a more ambitious one.
    Now, that's really interesting news!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    We're not finished at all with the autumn release!

There's loads still to go into all the rosters; there are plans for units for a third and possily fourth release, and even then I doubt we'll be up to the planned 480-odd units. That's without looking at things like settlements.

Cool! So do you guys expect another release in August/September 2017? That's judging by the yearlong process it has taken since EB II first came out around the same time last year, 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Cool! So do you guys expect another release in August/September 2017? That's judging by the yearlong process it has taken since EB II first came out around the same time last year, 2014.
    It's impossible to make these plans. The main problem is that the number of the guys working on the mod really varies so it's impossible to say what the future holds

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    It was me who pushed for this release, and I will try to get another major release agreed before this time next year. I think it's a good discipline for the team to be in, to gear up towards a release more than once a year.

EDIT: Which is not to claim that I did all the work, mind, just that I am forever bugging the team to commit to dates.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; September 17, 2015 at 08:46 AM.

Keep up this spirit QS! It is truly fantastic!
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

also:

JOIN PETITION OF REMOVING HARDCODED LIMITS

LET CA HEAR YOU !

Could we get a better closeup of those Irish javelinmen, please?

Got to say I love those Irish javelinmen. Those shields look really awesome and their javelins look particularly large and intimidating comparing to other EB skirmishers.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Amazing updates! I´m very suprised and also I´m very glad for your quick progress! I hope to get new PC on time for next big release

Quote Originally Posted by HarkonRules View Post
    Got to say I love those Irish javelinmen. Those shields look really awesome and their javelins look particularly large and intimidating comparing to other EB skirmishers.
    The large javelin is a actually a longspear, their secondary weapon. They carry it in their shield hand when not in use.

I've got to say, anyone who played the Getai in earlier releases is going to be blown away when they play them in the autumn release. Their roster has doubled and their recruitment clarified and varied quite a bit.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Have the Saka gotten some love as well? As far as I can gather most (if not all) other factions have seen additions to their unit rosters, but I haven't heard anything about them IIRC.

Also, is the Autumn release still planned for the end of september?
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.