Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Rail93 View Post
    The new units look fantastic! Thank you justme and sylon! Thank you @Annubis88 for the constant twitter updates! They make my day! I have a question; do sylon and justme are new team memebers recruited after last appeal? If yes do they really work that fast?! I can't even image how many great units there will be in autumn updates! Especially asiatikoi hippeis look nice - I never used them in EB1 seems like it will change in EB2.
    Really? I used them quite frequently in the first EB. Speaking of that mod, I finally found out where they got the ideas for most of those soldier models and artistic shield designs for the Greek factions. Take a look at these pics on Pinterest:

https://www.pinterest.com/fidel316/warfare/

"Drawing by C.Giannopoulos for Periskopio Editions." Aha! I have found it! I have discovered the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail93 View Post
    The new units look fantastic! Thank you justme and sylon! Thank you @Annubis88 for the constant twitter updates! They make my day! I have a question; do sylon and justme are new team memebers recruited after last appeal? If yes do they really work that fast?! I can't even image how many great units there will be in autumn updates! Especially asiatikoi hippeis look nice - I never used them in EB1 seems like it will change in EB2.
    justme joined during the Autumn appeal, and is an assembly modeler. Assembly modelers do minimal model/texture work. Their job is to take parts of existing units and cobble them together to make new units. justme does an excellent job, and works quite fast.

I joined back in late May, and am a regular modeler. The Dahae Horse Skirmishers above are also an assembly unit, which I made when I joined; the unit was only integrated into the mod this month, however. I am currently working on the Skythian Horse Archers, which have many parts that require new models/skins. I've been working at it for the past two months, so sadly I do not work that fast.

Thanks for the support and encouragement.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Those dudes are coming back. :-)

But with a bit less badass shields, admittedly:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by delra; August 12, 2015 at 02:17 AM.

gustave's Avatar Semisalis
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post

Those dudes are coming back. :-)

But with a bit less badass shields, admittedly:

In EB2, these guys will look more like the principes, they will get a scutum instead of the aspis. They will still be pretty badass, and their shields are more shiny than the average soldier :

clone's Avatar Primicerius

will the rorrari come back
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    will the rorrari come back
    No; they were camp followers at best, fantastical invention at worst. The only skirmishers on the Romani roster will be Leves/Velites, Italian regionals and Allied Government/mercenaries.

Biarchus

I always thought the rorrari were OP. For peasants they had very good stat values, only slightly less than Hastati.

I thought they were coming back. There's space reserved for Rorarii in the EDU.

Are Vigiles cut too?

It'd be nice to be able to recruit anything at all in Prov Romana governments...

IIRC these guys (Ekdromoi?) are a goner too?

Last edited by delra; August 12, 2015 at 09:29 AM.

@delra What? These edition of the pedites' shield is so much better! I Especially lile the black version! Great work Gustave, your shields are a work of true art!
    And @ sylon: thank you for information! I have checked the skythians you are working on and they are simply amazing! Thank you so much for your work! And I do not think you work slow at all!

PS Pozdro z Wro delra
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

also:

JOIN PETITION OF REMOVING HARDCODED LIMITS

LET CA HEAR YOU !

Has no one noticed the Thorakitai on the Twitter/FB feed?

I have They look totally cool Just one minus - why most of greek faces are so ugly (never shaved etc...)? Greeks used to be sooooo beautiful back in EB1 (especially indo-greeks).
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

also:

JOIN PETITION OF REMOVING HARDCODED LIMITS

LET CA HEAR YOU !

Wonder if there'll be a third reform for the Greeks, introducing some properly roman-like units. Though it seems more likely that Thorakitai are going to play the role of "Greek Legions"...

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

They look great!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Has no one noticed the Thorakitai on the Twitter/FB feed?
    They're beautiful. Just one minor suggestion. Add a belt. A belt helps with more even weight distribution of the mail.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

great model! just a suggestion. could you please in your units do not include weapons or shields that the units doesnt use( they are only cosmetic) because it breaks immersion
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    great model! just a suggestion. could you please in your units do not include weapons or shields that the units doesnt use( they are only cosmetic) because it breaks immersion
    Thorakitai were affluent men who had a full panoply, which included a sword. The fact that the engine only allows two weapons isn't going to change the goal of having an authentic looking unit. So I'm afraid the answer to your request is no.

Senator

A belt helps with more even weight distribution of the mail.
    While that is true it was not always done.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    While that is true it was not always done.
    Aaaand the people who didn't listen to Uncle Rad died from exertion.
    Plenty of fine examples of people who did listen to me. Just look at the Romans, wearing their cingula over their mail. Great fellows, winning wars and stuff.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Thorakitai were affluent men who had a full panoply, which included a sword. The fact that the engine only allows two weapons isn't going to change the goal of having an authentic looking unit. So I'm afraid the answer to your request is no.
    Total burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    They're beautiful. Just one minor suggestion. Add a belt. A belt helps with more even weight distribution of the mail.

Good advice! And yes, the Greek thorakitai are simply my favorite units in the whole game aside from the Parthian and Hellenistic cataphracts (or, if this were EB I or Roma Surrectum II, Imperial Rome's Praetorian guard would be neck-and-neck with those in my ratings of most awesome units). This new Ptolemaic thorakitai unit looks superb. Chain mail mother er, come at me bro!

Senator

Plenty of fine examples of people who did listen to me. Just look at the Romans, wearing their cingula over their mail. Great fellows, winning wars and stuff.
    Dude I don't know if you just can't read or if it's something I can't say here but:
    So
    1.The cingula was not worn in a way like a belt used to hold up mail was worn=Higher up ...so???

2.The tropheum traiani and Trajan collum in Rome show roman soldiers not having a belt to hold it up.Oh my that stupid roman not following your advise shame isn't it?

3.Just because the romans did sometimes wear belts to hold it up it doesn't change the fact IT WASN'T DONE BY EVERYONE.Do you understand that?
    Last edited by Sint; August 12, 2015 at 09:33 PM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...