Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Interesting change. I notice that the bronze swords are gone too.

The new Ligurian slinger unit is excellent! Well done!

Just the other day, I was reading about late medieval militia equipment. Residents of certain islands were obliged to own a sling, a sword, a shield and a helmet.
    Last edited by Rad; August 18, 2020 at 12:47 PM.

Ooh, the Ligurian slingers look quite well equipped...is it going to be another multipurpose unit, something like sling alternative to Leginu like Skaplinai are sling alternative to Peltenai?

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

I really like the new Iberian units.

Also the the new Ligurian slingers seems as very versatile unit. Like Sar1n I´m curious about this question.
    It will be interesting to see similar Hellenistic unit (Rhodian slingers/Arcananian slingers). Here is modern reconstruction for Arcananian slinger in the Epirote service:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

We had a discussion about the Rhodian Apabatoi, but decided in the end it wasn't used enough on land to merit inclusion as a unit.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

The Illyrian Hippeis cavalry are always cool looking and I love the Illyrian Thorakitai, they're terrific looking with their chainmail and awesome feathered plumes, but can you guys consider reworking some of the other standard Illyrian units? They look a bit...cartoonish in comparison to many other units. I don't know. Other unit textures just seem to be a bit more realistic looking. For instance, the various Thracian units look a bit more believable, authentic and/or realistic. The Thracian Noble cavalry could use some work, though, with a retouching on some of their helmets that look way too brightly lit compared to the rest of their bodies.

Aw but I love the models for the Illyrian Peltasts

The Illyrians should get reworked - at least get rid of the mutant faces I noticed

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15864599

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    The Illyrians should get reworked - at least get rid of the mutant faces I noticed

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15864599
    Hey now, Rad, don't be hating on conjoined fetuses! LOL. His ear is basically an additional/identical face all on its own. Definitely something to consider fixing.

*shudders*

In the interim, can just give Illyrians the frighten_foot attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Krampus View Post
    *shudders*

In the interim, can just give Illyrians the frighten_foot attribute.
    Teenage nuclear mutant Illyrian ninja turtles for the win!
    Cowabunga, dude! This is radical! Illyrians in a half-shell! Illyrian power!
    Time to take down Epeirote Shredder!

Also chiming in to say I love the new Ligurian slingers, the cool color patterned clothing of the Gallaecian infantry, and the bad-ass looking heavy chain mail armor of the Late Lusitanian cavalry. Excellent work to everyone who contributed to the creation of these units, Zarrr, Wermez, Mathieu, Trarco, Paullus, Brennus, Arjos, etc.

New Gallaecian infantry look nice

1. They're spearmen now?

2. Will there be a late version?

3. What kind of belt are they wearing? I am not asking about the baldric.

1- Yes, now they are spearmen.

2- See Twitter

3- The same that is used by the revamped Cantabrian units, that is, a simple leather belt inspired on a buckle found in a northern context of the Castro culture.

Interesting change. I notice that the bronze swords are gone too.
    Yes, the change is due to three main reasons: they are not real swords but daggers, they can be understood as a symbol of status (almost an aristocratic weapon of a very archaic nature altough still present in the 1st Century BC) so, it's better not to give this weapon to all the Gallaecian warriors. Finally, they weren't used by all the groups of the Castro culture, instead they are only attested in the northern Callaecian and Astur area. That said, they are still present in some numbers as inactive weapons in the revamped unit. The scabbard is more accurate now and the handle is made of iron in some cases too. BTW, they also use another dagger (whose typology is more difficult to understand) inspired on an example of a Galaico-Lusitanian warrior statue.

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    I really like the new Iberian units.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Also chiming in to say I love the new Ligurian slingers, the cool color patterned clothing of the Gallaecian infantry, and the bad-ass looking heavy chain mail armor of the Late Lusitanian cavalry. Excellent work to everyone who contributed to the creation of these units, Zarrr, Wermez, Mathieu, Trarco, Paullus, Brennus, Arjos, etc.
    Thanks

The late version is awesome, thank you! Looks like my Carthaginian armies will be full of troops from the Iberian peninsula!

I'm interested in how those belts buckle... they're different than standard belts, that's for sure. Are there pictures of the extant items themselves and/or modern reproductions?

The late version is awesome, thank you! Looks like my Carthaginian armies will be full of troops from the Iberian peninsula!

I'm interested in how those belts buckle... they're different than standard belts, that's for sure. Are there pictures of the extant items themselves and/or modern reproductions?
    Here you can see an example:

As you say, it has nothing to do with the taditional Iberian belts.

Thank you. It looks like it stands on friction alone... I want to try it!

New preview in Twitter

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Very nice
    Can't believe the latest EB2 update was almost two years ago
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

waths new about Kartvelian warriors (colchians, iberians) ?
    im draw many sketches and upload Archaeological materials

Love the new settlement models.
    As a sucker for campaign map graphics I very much appreciate such updates.

I like the new settlement models! Very cool.

Any updates on the new Punic Carthaginian battle map town and city models? Are they all ready for the new release? Are you guys working on battle map settlement models for other cultures as well, or planning on doing so? Seriously, that temple in the Punic city model could easily just be placed in the Western Greek one next to the existing large temple. That would look pretty cool and make it look more like a real fleshed out acropolis with several temples flanking each other.