Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by torf View Post
    Carthage isn't one of my favorite factions, but it's really an awesome work. When, I take another city, I like to travel a little inside of it.

In a french forum (Mundus Bellicus), someone was even surprised that the team make this awesome work for the inner part of a building.

When all thoses carthaginian communauty will be finished, it will be a great thing.
    That must be me.

I took this opportunity to say I indeed find very impressive the work you did (and are doing) on battlemap buildings. The custom cities are awesome, and I'm glad you work also on ambient buildings (just saw Nuraghe Arrubiu - incredible).

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Especial thanks must go to Alessandro Atzeni for his help when we was working on the Sardinian warriors. If you are interesting in the ancient Sardinian warfare, you will find his videos and posts very interesting:

https://twitter.com/EBTeam/status/1267396417963741184

https://twitter.com/EBTeam/status/1267397411883888641

Your Ilieis will make a fine addition to my collection.

The Sardinian warriors look great indeed. Thanks Trarco for all your hard work regarding the concept of the unit itself.

I am really curious about that Celtiberian "winged" helmet. People claimed that horned helmets were all ceremonial and never used in battle because they are impractical, the enemy can hold onto it, and yadda yadda, and then we see them boys walking around looking like Galactus.

What's the deal with those helms? Is there actual evidence of these being used in battle? In the mod, Celtiberians are definitely suicidal, but to this degree?

Awesome models! Looks like 2.35a is going to turn Corsica-Sardinia into recruitment powerhouses. Balaerics, Ligurians, Campanians, Liby-Phoenicians, and TWO different mercenary pools, one for each island - man, Carthage is going to look stacked

is the Punic city model part of 2.35a? it looked good with the citadel. any plans to revamp the hellenistic cities?

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    I am really curious about that Celtiberian "winged" helmet. People claimed that horned helmets were all ceremonial and never used in battle because they are impractical, the enemy can hold onto it, and yadda yadda, and then we see them boys walking around looking like Galactus.

What's the deal with those helms? Is there actual evidence of these being used in battle? In the mod, Celtiberians are definitely suicidal, but to this degree?

Some written sources speak about the Celtiberian helmets with shape of animals and three crests and some primary sources reveal Celtiberian warriors who are wearing elaborated helmets (wings, horns, animals are not uncommon). Some examples:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The found helmets are totally functional in terms of thickness, material, etc. I don't see the problem about having some elite units using these local helmets.
    Last edited by Trarco; June 03, 2020 at 02:07 AM.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

That has been a lot of content lately
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Apani's Avatar Senator

Hooray for the Sardinian warriors. Bravissimo

Do the Sakastan horsemen replace the existing Saka horse archers or are they a new unit?

From Arjos: "New emerging unit for the mid-late campaign".

Quote Originally Posted by Trarco View Post
    From Arjos: "New emerging unit for the mid-late campaign".
    Is this about the Sakastan or is something new about to be previewed on Twitter?

It is about the Sakastan.

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Just chiming in to say the new units look totally fantastic. Bout time Sardinia got some real attention.

EDIT: these latest units in the feed are so good, I'm gonna hold off on playing my planned Carthaginian campaign until version 2.4 (2.35a?) comes out. They just look too good not to use! Sorry if I misled and said I would test things after playing my Makedonia campaign. I got wrapped up in MOS for TATW instead. That and I cannot freaking wait to play as Carthage with those new Carthaginian Punic towns and cities. That shrine of Melqart looked incredible on the Twitter feed. Totally amazing. I just wish Western Greek, Roman, Eastern Greek and Eastern cities had the same kind of attention to detail and revamping.

Oh wow, those Iberian noble horsemen look incredible! So crisp and vibrant, well done!

What are those thin leather vests they wear? Are they armor? They're very interesting. I'd like to see what they're based on.
    Last edited by Rad; June 09, 2020 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post
    So crisp and vibrant...
    Are those shots edited on some way? Do they use some shader or postprocess effect? My game looks ugly and murky in comparison

Quote Originally Posted by makute View Post
    Are those shots edited on some way? Do they use some shader or postprocess effect? My game looks ugly and murky in comparison
    They seem normal to me, just good screenshots.

This unit actually gets even more awesome with the later versions!