Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Thank you for the constructive feedback, I'll be sure to pass it on appropriately.
    Let's look at the Roxolani : helmets or headbands are just a big blurb of the same color without nuances. Same goes for the clothing and armor.

Same with the Alans : look at the warrior on the left of the third screenshot. The helmet is a big grey blurb, the clothing too and the arm is a mix of pink orange and brown patches.

Re: New Faction symbol: I don't get it. Why would you wait so long on including the time-displaced Minoan Refugees led by Taurus, the Bull-Headed King? I figured that if they weren't included in 2.0, they weren't getting in at all.

Civis

Methinks Hayasadan (or Sarmatia) will have a friend maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Dargaron View Post
    Re: New Faction symbol: I don't get it. Why would you wait so long on including the time-displaced Minoan Refugees led by Taurus, the Bull-Headed King? I figured that if they weren't included in 2.0, they weren't getting in at all.
    Don't be hating on time-travellers!

Incoming!

Yes, the western steppe has become a lot more varied and interesting.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Great new steppe units, much needed variety for the Sauromatae and I hope there are some more for them, maybe even something even more heavy ? Though I have to agree some textures look not that great, for example the Phrygian cap and cloth on the Rauxolani, their studded Armour as well (does anyone know about the historicity of this, always had the impression studded armour was not a thing ?). The mail armour mix on some of the Alani nobles looks curious as well, the way it cuts of and goes over into scale, like a mail sleeveless shirt, maybe its in the poses ? And with all of them the helmets seem less polished or maybe thats just an impression I dont know, though some of the new scale armours look really great, the mail seems super detailed on a closer look and the hair as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    their studded Armour as well (does anyone know about the historicity of this, always had the impression studded armour was not a thing ?). The mail armour mix on some of the Alani nobles looks curious as well, the way it cuts of and goes over into scale, like a mail sleeveless shirt, maybe its in the poses ? And with all of them the helmets seem less polished or maybe thats just an impression I dont know, though some of the new scale armours look really great, the mail seems super detailed on a closer look and the hair as well.
    Yup, no studded armor in history that I can think of. The closest thing in terms of similar looks would a be a medieval coat of plates, but that is a whole different animal in terms of materials, level of protection provided and era of use.

Some of the other armors also look funky, but that could just be my limited knowledge of steppe wargear speaking. Id like to see what served as inspiration before saying more.
    Last edited by Rad; June 10, 2018 at 12:56 AM.

The less of colors the more realistic the units look. Don't like how hyspaspistai look. Dressed like clowns in clown vedding. Loved how hyspapspistai look at the movie "Alexander". If you look closely you can see them in the movie. Too much colors is just overkill for units. Just my humble opinion.

изишо је тад домаћин тмури
    и сву штенад потрпо у џак.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    The less of colors the more realistic the units look. Don't like how hyspaspistai look. Dressed like clowns in clown vedding. Loved how hyspapspistai look at the movie "Alexander". If you look closely you can see them in the movie. Too much colors is just overkill for units. Just my humble opinion.
    lol it's more like the reverse is true. Pop history is depicted way to stale colour wise. More colouring is the realistic approach. Especially rich or noble units who like to show of on the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by wermez View Post
    Thats just a drawing. My non existent five year old son could have made it. It wouldnt be the first time someone messed with facts by drawing what they wanted and putting into a book. An extant example, a fresco, a text record, a statue - anything but doodles, please.
    Last edited by Rad; June 10, 2018 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    You are wrong. The ancient and medieval eras were all about personal display. The brighter the better - as long as the social class and the availability of materials are taken into account. Dudes like the hyspaspistai would be able to look like whatever they wanted.
    Last edited by Rad; June 10, 2018 at 05:53 AM.

The source has been given.

The source has been given.
    Where? On what was the drawing based on?

Some junk from burial sites I guess.

Some junk from burial sites I guess.
    This is not up to EBs standard. You cant take everything you see in a book as fact.
    Please provide a primary source - a fresco, an extant example, a text record, a figurine-statue of some sort. Anything that the drawing might have been based on - except 1980s biker gangs and modern ''historical" TV shows like ''Vikings".

EDIT: I just want to say that this isnt meant to offend anyone, I am just trying to give some constructive criticism here. 90% of the mods that tackle history use shady sources for inspiration. Not EB. Not until recently. EB has taught me a lot and pointed the way for even more. I dont wanna see it degenerate into some fantasy spinoff.
    Last edited by Rad; June 10, 2018 at 04:11 AM.

Well this book is in russian and it looks pretty legit. So I guess that you must ask those historians for their sources. Armor looks pretty fine to me.

Well this book is in russian and it looks pretty legit. So I guess that you must ask those historians for their sources. Armor looks pretty fine to me.
    This is ridiculous. The EB team were the folks that were supposed to check the primary source, not just go with a mediocre drawing. It looks to me now that you just placed it in the unit for variety/because it looks cool. How does the "armor" look fine to you? Without the primary source, how do we even know it is armor and not someones weird fashion statement?

It looks cool indeed. I suggest that you relax and enjoy the video game.

It looks cool indeed. I suggest that you relax and enjoy the video game.
    When the game is failing at one of its primary objectives, it isnt fun anymore. What is next, we are back to flaming pigs again?