Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Libertus

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    That is so awesome! The Temple of Aphaia and its friezes were Archaic in style, so perhaps they should be Hellenistic instead?
    the temple of Aphaia has both: the eastern pediment shows the proir war, not described by Homer, the war of Hercules and the statues are build in early classical style. The western pediment shows the war between Priam and Agamemnon (Helena, Paris, Achilles, Hector, Ajax and so on), and indeed its statues are build in archaic style.
    My temple corresponds more to the eastern pediment and to classical style, e.g. you can see Hercules as a archer. But since the temple is not exactly the temple of Aphaia and was build by Carthaginians it can have some deviations.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    In either case it is a reminder that the Carthaginians, not just the Romans and Etruscans, borrowed and utilized contemporary Greek art and architectural traditions (in addition to their native Semitic West Asian Phoenician ones).
    Exactly! Thank you

I would just like to add a part from Adrian Goldsworthy book The Fall of Carthage: "...the Carthaginian began to accept certain Greek deities. The worship of Demeter and Kore (Persephone) was formally introduced to Carthage in 396, an act of propitiation after the destruction of one of their temples in Sicily had been followed by a devastating plague amongst the Punic army there"

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    I would just like to add a part from Adrian Goldsworthy book The Fall of Carthage: "...the Carthaginian began to accept certain Greek deities. The worship of Demeter and Kore (Persephone) was formally introduced to Carthage in 396, an act of propitiation after the destruction of one of their temples in Sicily had been followed by a devastating plague amongst the Punic army there"
    Can't go around angering the gods and stuff. Wise move, Carthage.

Quote Originally Posted by AriovistusSuebus View Post
    the temple of Aphaia has both: the eastern pediment shows the proir war, not described by Homer, the war of Hercules and the statues are build in early classical style. The western pediment shows the war between Priam and Agamemnon (Helena, Paris, Achilles, Hector, Ajax and so on), and indeed its statues are build in archaic style.
    My temple corresponds more to the eastern pediment and to classical style, e.g. you can see Hercules as a archer. But since the temple is not exactly the temple of Aphaia and was build by Carthaginians it can have some deviations.
    Cool! Thanks for the detailed explanation about the site and the different eras of construction and production of art.

Exactly! Thank you
    No problem. To be honest, my list was rather weak. It was more than just the Romans, Etruscans, and Carthaginians who were influenced by Greek art and architecture...it was also the Thracians, Illyrians, Persians, and others who adopted facets of it or found it to be trendy enough to emulate. Even various Celtic peoples incorporated it to varying degrees depending on their locale (the Galatians of Anatolia obviously gradually becoming assimilated into the predominant Hellenistic culture).

Wow, those Lugians look fantastic! I really like the swords in particular, I can practically hear them slicing through the air.

My those Lugian Swordsmen look great. The Lugians will no longwr be a generic faction of mostly spearmen.

Are these just late variants(meaning their early variants will be available at the start) or will the Lugians only get these swordsmen after the reforms?

There are some earlier swordsman units, but they're not ready yet.

Great job on the Lugian swordsman!

It's noticable how different these Lugian Swordsmen are when compared to the rest of the early Lugian roster(includes the Bastarnae units). These units don't have highly pale skin or they only have black hair.

I'm guessing the entire Lugian unit roster is getting a new graphical make-over by the next update?

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Great work on the units and settlements!
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

The Sweboz and the Lugiones are getting some pretty cool new units

Saw a new helmet on the Twitter feed.

I know its a wrong guess, but Nabataean Hetairoi? Arabians have not had many updates since the camel archers.
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

For the new helmet, regarding to its style, I think it should belong to an italic or cisalpine unit.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Hmmmmmm.... Thorakitai Epilektoi ?

Roman bodyguard unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Roman bodyguard unit.
    Probably. The helmet seems Roman. It could even be the Camilian triari

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    It could even be the Camilian triari
    It would be awesome if it were so. The current ones look great, but I can see a lot of potential for improvement.

Last unit previewed have again hair problem...
    Helmets have to be improved too

What do you mean with hair problem and how should the helmets be improved ? Specifity helps the team more I think. Are the new Diuxoroi late age models or are they an improved version of the already ingame models ?

I think he's trying to say that some of the Celtic units and 80s rock bands go to the same hair stylist
    A few of the newer helmets really are too shiny, tbh. Some have holes etc. Something to be polished one day.
    Last edited by Rad; February 09, 2019 at 09:29 AM.

Yeah but it would be more helpful if you compile these things and report them, as I just did.