Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

These Marian units look a bit like the units posted under the tweet "Polybian Unit Cards." Was there a typo or do I need to look more closely? I have really bad eyes.
    <br />
    These were Marian unit cards, it's funny that noone noticed it was a bait

Sneaky sneaky!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafkos View Post
    I should've known when there were blue shields.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Now someone post the real Polybian unit cards and the Polybian Reforms video

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

what made you change your mind about the antesignani? I thought you said somewhere that they wont be in eb 2

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    @Cohors_Evocata

Yes, antesignani and Marian equites were there yeah. And 3 other units (+ onagers)
    Thanks for the swift response.

Going by the EB I analogy, I'm suspecting Cohors Reformata, Prima Cohors Reformata and (taadaah ) Cohors Evocata?
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Oh crap! That's why Alin posted that Darth Vader meme a few pages back! I thought he was just being sarcastic. I didn't realize he was being serious! That video is seriously bootylicious. Thanks, EB II team!

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Oh crap! That's why Alin posted that Darth Vader meme a few pages back! I thought he was just being sarcastic. I didn't realize he was being serious! That video is seriously bootylicious. Thanks, EB II team!
    Yes, dissapointed so many fans thought the Hastati have Corniculum and masked/bearded helmets.
    It was the Evocati all day long.

We will provide an in-depth preview of the Marian Reform, so be tuned.

Cool, i would love to read more about the work and i would like to see what the team's thoughts are on "Antesignani".

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    Yes, dissapointed so many fans thought the Hastati have Corniculum and masked/bearded helmets.
    It was the Evocati all day long.

We will provide an in-depth preview of the Marian Reform, so be tuned.
    Well geez, the unit cards are too small to really notice the details, and I was under the impression that the Marian units wouldn't be featured, only Polybian ones, so I had to ask! This is a pleasant surprise, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    Cool, i would love to read more about the work and i would like to see what the team's thoughts are on "Antesignani".
    You mean these Velites?!

There was some discussion on them a long time ago and people were debating how they looked like.
    Elite, heavy or light support unit.

I am wondering if the EB team found any more info on them.

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    There was some discussion on them a long time ago and people were debating how they looked like.
    Elite, heavy or light support unit.

I am wondering if the EB team found any more info on them.
    For now I can tell they're Elite Light Infantry, purpose is to assist cavalry or flanks due to their mobility.
    Thus they will only feature subarmails, no heavy armor.

Now we face, across the plain, the greatest infantry force of the ancient world. Congratulations are in order. Beatifully done EB team. Amazing work.

And then people will start demanding the Augustan reforms. Then after that, an Invasio Barbarorum submod!

Splendid work guys. I never doubted you.

People cant live without that ugly segmented armor.

Marian Reforms are the most important anyway. Beyond that it doesnt matter that much. Maybe some sort of naming system (like BI)? Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    And then people will start demanding the Augustan reforms. Then after that, an Invasio Barbarorum submod!
    I'm still very strongly of the view that it would be a waste of unit slots, recruitment lines and scripting. There is absolutely no need for an Augustan reform, it would occur in the closing 50 turns of the game, and there isn't a great deal of difference between Marian and Augustan units (nor would you get lorica segmentata with it, either).

Not the official position of the team, mind, but my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I'm still very strongly of the view that it would be a waste of unit slots, recruitment lines and scripting. There is absolutely no need for an Augustan reform, it would occur in the closing 50 turns of the game, and there isn't a great deal of difference between Marian and Augustan units (nor would you get lorica segmentata with it, either).

It could be said though that, if the conditions are met, the augustan reforms could happen before the timeline mentioned... Nevertheless, i agree.
    Last edited by Lucio Domicio Aureliano; December 06, 2015 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lucio Domicio Aureliano View Post
    It could be said though that, if the conditions are met, the augustan reforms could happen before the timeline mentioned... Nevertheless, i agree.
    Right, that's how it was handled in EB1. You could form the empire, IIRC as early as 125BC. It was kinda neat grooming a Consul along with the right traits. But obviously the only way the Empire made it into EB1 was through permitting them a whole century early. I personally like reforms as 'goals' and like to work towards the rise of the empire, but the Marian legionary period is sufficient. The end date is chosen by the death of August, right? We end 14 AD?

My own view is I'd rather have them ahistorically early than not have them at all, since the rise of the Roman Empire is sort of the end game of the selected period, especially if the conditions for the rise of the empire reform are plausible.

But anyway, I was so bummed when I learned Marian reforms weren't coming with this release. Nice job, you stinkers, making it a surprise. Great work, everyone, and I look forward to seeing these guys in action.

Rafkos' Milkshape brings all the legions to the yard

I was more or less expecting this, there have been quite a few hints about it in the last days/weeks, but still ...

Absolutely magnificient. SPQR is definitely not my favourite faction but these units are .... well .... wonderful.

EB 2.1 will demand way too much of my spare time again, I can feel it in my bones....

Well done EB team, well done indeed!

(And now: starting the video again )

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    Funny thing is that the last Roman unit reminds me of EB I´s Cohors Evocata. I don´t know why

So it´s really a Cohors Evocata! Great

Great work EB team