Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Dude, I was just joking around a bit, you actually do have some Hellenistic units left? I thought they were all done! You guys aren't doing the Rhodian slingers, are you?
    No, the Rhodian Epabatoi were discussed and dismissed in the end. They're a naval unit that doesn't make a lot of sense to represent as a land unit away from the ships. There is a new (non-Greek) elite slinger available to the western Greeks and others in the Balkans, though.

As for Hellenistic units, unless something changes, the only one left is the elite heavy cavalry for Baktria.

What about the pontos bodyguard? I thought it was planned for EB2 as well.

I know that isn't strictly hellenistic, but it currently uses the khuveshavegan model, which is ok for early game but soon looks anachronistic.
    To make it more clear, I am referencing the change shown in these EB1 units.
    http://europabarbarorum.wikia.com/wi...ly_Bodyguards)
    http://europabarbarorum.wikia.com/wi...ate_Bodyguard)

Not strictly Hellenistic; it's in the "Eastern" list, though it will of course have Hellenistic elements.

Are there going to be staffslingers?.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

OMG, elite heavy cavalry for Baktria? I might have just soiled my pants a bit. Gonna need to do the laundry here shortly.

So will they be cataphracts or lancers? Oh, the possibilities! I can't wait!

You have to love how EBII has two different Hellenistic horse archer units, too: the Thureopherontes Hippotoxotai and the Baktrioi Hippotoxotai. I'd like to see a battle where these two units fight against each other. Sadly I've never seen that before, since their regions for recruitment are so far apart from each other. However, even when Baktria falls, I've noticed other factions like the Taksashila are still able to recruit the Thureopherontes Hippotoxotai. That was a distant campaign, though, is that still the case in the current build?

Nice units. I can't wait to have those in my armies.

Is it possible to know the name in game of the scandinavian warriors, and where they are avaibles (only in Skašinauja, or in Skašinauja and Ingwingoz) ?

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    Are there going to be staffslingers?.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    OMG, elite heavy cavalry for Baktria? I might have just soiled my pants a bit. Gonna need to do the laundry here shortly.

So will they be cataphracts or lancers? Oh, the possibilities! I can't wait!

You have to love how EBII has two different Hellenistic horse archer units, too: the Thureopherontes Hippotoxotai and the Baktrioi Hippotoxotai. I'd like to see a battle where these two units fight against each other. Sadly I've never seen that before, since their regions for recruitment are so far apart from each other. However, even when Baktria falls, I've noticed other factions like the Taksashila are still able to recruit the Thureopherontes Hippotoxotai. That was a distant campaign, though, is that still the case in the current build?
    They'll be barded lancers, though not sure if they're intended to be full cataphracts.

If you take Baktria to the Black Sea, they will be able to recruit Thureopherontes Hippotoxotai through the Hellenistic Colony. Taksashila can recruit them through the Local Colony.

Quote Originally Posted by torf View Post
    Nice units. I can't wait to have those in my armies.

Is it possible to know the name in game of the scandinavian warriors, and where they are avaibles (only in Skašinauja, or in Skašinauja and Ingwingoz) ?
    They're called Skathinawiskaniz Harjoz and are only available in Skanelendo where you have a higher-tier government (since they're alternatives to the Germanic Veterans).

Thank's.

So will those Skathinawiskaniz Harjoz be also avaibles with allied goverment ?

Civis

The Messiah has returned!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B4D21203-385E-414E-88DD-373BF7762EE7.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	356096

EDIT: Wow I’m a bit late to the party...
    Anyways, the new Scandinavian unit are lookin mighty scary
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by OJ33DA; December 01, 2018 at 10:43 AM.
    ----- ---------
    HACKING INTO THE MAINFRAME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by torf View Post
    Thank's.

So will those Skathinawiskaniz Harjoz be also avaibles with allied goverment ?
    Yes.

Is the painting of the middle guy inspired by the Œgishjalmr (helm of awe), or just a solar wheel?
    Nice units in any case.

A little silly question, what faction is Parthia in EB2? I've investigated about Carrhae for the first time and I find'em fascinating

Quote Originally Posted by gangster19 View Post
    A little silly question, what faction is Parthia in EB2? I've investigated about Carrhae for the first time and I find'em fascinating
    Pahlava. Though by Carrhae, they're post-reform and in command of an empire, not the nomadic tribe at game-start.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Pahlava. Though by Carrhae, they're post-reform and in command of an empire, not the nomadic tribe at game-start.
    Thanks! Has it something to do with the Pahlavi dinasty in Iran?

Quote Originally Posted by gangster19 View Post
    Thanks! Has it something to do with the Pahlavi dinasty in Iran?
    Probably not, though they (the dynasty) may want you to think it has. Royal dynasties around the world always have a habit of making up a family tree that makes them appear in the most glorious light and is designed to convey as much legitimacy (claiming connections to earlier dynasties) as possible. The Achaimenids weren't so different from the Pahlavis (who IIRC claimed kinship with the Achaimenids) in that regard...

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Probably not, though they (the dynasty) may want you to think it has. Royal dynasties around the world always have a habit of making up a family tree that makes them appear in the most glorious light and is designed to convey as much legitimacy (claiming connections to earlier dynasties) as possible. The Achaimenids weren't so different from the Pahlavis (who IIRC claimed kinship with the Achaimenids) in that regard...
    To my knowledge, the most prominent member of the Achaemenids dynasty, Darios, was the master of this game: being probably a usurper (or just a successful member of the elite) he made claims to everybody that he is the true heir to Cyrus and Cambyzes, and claimed it perhaps even to the gods in his inscription.

1. Will the Illergetians get their own champion unit just like the Lusotanians ans the Celtiberians?

2. Do those Scandinavian Spearmen have differwnt stats or traits when compared with the Germanic Veteran Spearmen? Similar to how EB1 has Germanic Spearmen from different tribes having different stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    1. Will the Illergetians get their own champion unit just like the Lusotanians ans the Celtiberians?

2. Do those Scandinavian Spearmen have differwnt stats or traits when compared with the Germanic Veteran Spearmen? Similar to how EB1 has Germanic Spearmen from different tribes having different stats?
    1. We don't have the spare unit slots to give them (or the south-eastern Iberians) separate Champion units.

2. They're slightly different.

Well units like mistophoroi phalangitai could easily be removed and in their place use deuteroi or normal phalangitai, similar to how there is no specific cretan mercenaries but they just use the cretan aor units. There are also other units that are pretty much the same up to description, like east/west iranian archer-spearmen, elite east/west celtic cavalry, kurepos and batoroi have a merc only version of the west celtic unit? i'm not sure. My point is that there are several units that could be removed if it was needed to make room for new ones.

The new units look badass, battles around Europe will be a lot more diverse in the next version!
    Regarding Iberian units, is any Iberian elite/heavy cavalry still to come? are Hannibal's famed Iberian horseman represented by any of the already existing units or by one still to come?