Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Are you asking what it means? Sanglier means boar and biche means hind (had to look up the latter again). Anyway, which animal are you referring to?
    no, i mean the mythical animal depiction/titgnac carnyx looks like a boar's snout with exaggerated ears of a doe maybe with some snake thrown in there

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    I personally thought that that zoomorph looked a bit fox-like, given the ears and the tail, but the longer legs(and by the looks of it, hooves) seem to contradict that idea a bit. Perhaps it could be a mythic animal, which could then explain the overly large and fluffy depictions of the ears and tail(and athanaric's comment about the last deer not being a native to Gaul).
    I'm not an expert on deer, but I think it's a White-tailed Deer, which was entirely unknown to any European at the time, on account of living on the other side of the pond. Fallow Deer (which were re-introduced to the region by the Romans, after their local extinction during the last ice age) are somewhat similar in proportions but AFAIK they don't usually flare up their tails like that (IIRC I've never seen them doing that in the wild). Red Deer - the most regal and "symbolic-looking" deer of the area - have short tails, and Roedeer have no tails.
    FWIW, I don't know what the animal is supposed to be. Might be a deer, might be something else, or a mix of various elements. Hard to say IMO.

I'm not an expert on deer, but I think it's a White-tailed Deer, which was entirely unknown to any European at the time, on account of living on the other side of the pond. Fallow Deer (which were re-introduced to the region by the Romans, after their local extinction during the last ice age) are somewhat similar in proportions but AFAIK they don't usually flare up their tails like that (IIRC I've never seen them doing that in the wild). Red Deer - the most regal and "symbolic-looking" deer of the area - have short tails, and Roedeer have no tails.
    FWIW, I don't know what the animal is supposed to be. Might be a deer, might be something else, or a mix of various elements. Hard to say IMO.
    aha! my suspicions are confirmed. it was the gallics who first crossed into the americas (i imagine well setting off from brittany), not the norsemen; gallics!

Genava's Avatar Senator

Well, there is some pictures but who knows. (I like how we are actually talking about deer, rofl).
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewsproule/6775828735
    https://i.pinimg.com/564x/9a/8c/ed/9...940d154488.jpg
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Quote Originally Posted by Genava View Post
    Well, there is some pictures but who knows.
    Yeah, but you'll notice they have black markings on the tail.

(I like how we are actually talking about deer, rofl).
    Well, it beats dissing other mods (as far as moderation is concerned)

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

A bit late but great new units, especially needed for the Sauromatae who are seriously lacking in units overall at the moment, though I will retain my stance of not being a fan of the studded leather armour. The other new units are great as well, especially the Thracians are even more deadly now and the new Histro-Venetians, always love good cavalry. I am super hyped for Sarmatian Cataphracts, you guys know when they will be avaible for the Sauromatae in the Campaign, from the beginning like the Saka or as an later addition ?

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Did anyone guess the faction symbol already? I noticed that the EB facebook liked a post that said it was the Lugians.... so is it the lugians?

Genava's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Did anyone guess the faction symbol already? I noticed that the EB facebook liked a post that said it was the Lugians.... so is it the lugians?
    It is a strong possibility:
    https://docplayer.org/45035244-I-tem...an-period.html

LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

I also just want to say i am happy for the new units! The best part about EB 2, is that while we may have traded how good phalanxes were in EB 1 we get WAY more units, which is preferred as phalanxes were dying off anyway. Besides the game engine will never allow us to have phalanxes that can switch roles like Alexanders men. Which brings up a question... Can we have any unit added that could act as phalanxes changing their roles? I always wondered what a troop in alexanders army would look like if he was told to drop his pike and shield and get a javelin, did he wear armor? or did he remove it in order to run around behind the horses?

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    I also just want to say i am happy for the new units! The best part about EB 2, is that while we may have traded how good phalanxes were in EB 1 we get WAY more units, which is preferred as phalanxes were dying off anyway. Besides the game engine will never allow us to have phalanxes that can switch roles like Alexanders men. Which brings up a question... Can we have any unit added that could act as phalanxes changing their roles? I always wondered what a troop in alexanders army would look like if he was told to drop his pike and shield and get a javelin, did he wear armor? or did he remove it in order to run around behind the horses?
    Closest equivalent we have would be the Hemithorakitai. Though one of Alexander's phalangites would have been lighter than the standard in our period, more like the Deuteroi Phalangitai.

Out of curiosity, do we have any way of knowing if their equipment changed as they campaigned throughout the Asia? Intuitively, it seems to me that once Alexander's army was marching through Persia proper they would have been flush with the spoils of the east and an individual soldier would have the wealth to acquire a more protective panoply if he chose to do so.

I've noticed that you replaced the current javelin throwing animation with the RTW 1 one.

I saw this on the images of the Lucanno-Brettian light infantry.

I welcome this change.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    I've noticed that you replaced the current javelin throwing animation with the RTW 1 one.

I saw this on the images of the Lucanno-Brettian light infantry.

I welcome this change.
    Not sure where you got that impression, nothing has changed animation-wise.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Could anybody please explain me how it is possible that nobody has praised here the new Carthaginian stone walls yet. They are simply breathtaking! Great work also on the new units! Will eventually all Sarmatian subfactions which got units of riders get a unit of noblemen or it is just Alani and others will use generic Sarmatian noble cavalry for now?
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; July 16, 2018 at 03:14 PM.

Will eventually all Sarmatian subfactions which got units of riders get a unit of noblemen or it is just Alani and others will use generic Sarmatian noble cavalry for now?
    AFAIK the other main tribes of the Sarmatians will also be getting nobles in the future as well.

Never saw the new Carthaginian stone walls until today, they look very good indeed. The paintings in the gate look as if they were drawn with blood?
    The flags on the walls... I never saw anything like that in a mod, although they seem a bit weird in the images, I think they are a great addition and a video showing them would be great.
    Are you planning to do any more improvements in Carthage city textures? Like what for example?
    And about Carthaginian units? I don't want to insist on it, but what is the team opinion about adding a new unit for Carthage that would be something in the same line as the Hannibal Veterans in Italy, units re-equipped with Roman equipment and fighting in the same spear style. That could happen after the player beats the Romans in some large battles...
    Of course, I will respect the team decision, wherever it is

Are you planning to do any more improvements in Carthage city textures? Like what for example?
    Ariovistus seems pretty set on making entirely new city models for all of the Punic settlement sizes. The Punic town and large town are complete AFAIK, so it's onto the other levels next.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    Ariovistus seems pretty set on making entirely new city models for all of the Punic settlement sizes. The Punic town and large town are complete AFAIK, so it's onto the other levels next.
    Seems great, many thanks to Ariovistus. How about the other things?

I can't comment except for stating that currently the core Carthaginian roster is complete.

Thanks for the answer Genghis! I cannot say that I like it but its how it is ahah