Page 9 of 268 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Horatius Flaccus's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Three previews?

That would be neato. However I'll believe it when I see it.

For my money, I think the three previews are going to be the Averni, Casse, and Adui. So don't get your hopes up for new factions in this set of previews.

Looking forward to previews!

However, when the EB Team does something, they do it right. We have a saying in the IT world when we are given an assignment. "You can have it done Quickly, Cheaply, or Well. Pick Two"

Obviously, the EB team chooses to do things Cheaply and Well; thus sacraficing the "Quickly" option.

That being said, I would prefer to have the talents of EB team members going into the release of the mod a few weeks earlier, rather than working on previews for weeks at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by brymht View Post
    That being said, I would prefer to have the talents of EB team members going into the release of the mod a few weeks earlier, rather than working on previews for weeks at a time.
    Maybe, but you also have to understand the importance of a preview. It does not only keep us - the fans - excited, but the modders could also be inspired again by the positive reactions. And who knows, it could even bring in new talent that is drawn to he mod because of the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio X Equestris View Post
    two weeks and still nothing, this is driving me mad and I'm checking the web every 5 minutes for it. I mean ITS EB2 WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I just can't wait for this mod

Three great armies, what could it mean?
    Cant wait

For my money, I think the three previews are going to be the Averni, Casse, and Adui. So don't get your hopes up for new factions in this set of previews.

However, when the EB Team does something, they do it right. We have a saying in the IT world when we are given an assignment. "You can have it done Quickly, Cheaply, or Well. Pick Two"

Obviously, the EB team chooses to do things Cheaply and Well; thus sacraficing the "Quickly" option.

Agreed

I don't think that its the Casse but if an extra Gallic fraction like has been predicted on so many occassions I think it could be one of the Gauls. Then again the Casse are just a Belgae tribe that migrated accross the channel. Either way the lenght of time being into this preview means it should be Great
    Preparing an special tool for the next preview which should increase the experience of it.-Tux
    wonder what the tool is?
    Hail Impetor Gauis Julius Caesar

there has been a mini christmas preview at the org.

When they say stuff is done on twitter doesnt mean they will bring out previews. I bet there is a lot more done than what you see on the released screenshots. Release will certainly be before 2012.

jmrc's Avatar Civis

Have just a little bit more patience. The "suspense" is well justified because we're going to show some very cool stuff.

Actually, the most important reason for making a preview is to "force" the team to wrap up the last details in finalizing a faction. Obviously, it takes some time to make some additional stuff like unit renders, ingame screenshots, battle footage, etc. But it's really a necessity.

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by jmrc View Post
    Have just a little bit more patience. The "suspense" is well justified because we're going to show some very cool stuff.

Actually, the most important reason for making a preview is to "force" the team to wrap up the last details in finalizing a faction. Obviously, it takes some time to make some additional stuff like unit renders, ingame screenshots, battle footage, etc. But it's really a necessity.
    Cool as in "Big tits" awesome ?
    lol ahahaha
    Joking joking

Keep up

Stay tuned! There are more coming. - JMRC
    Could this be the next preview already

Hopefully , Legio...

We LOVE EB

<3

Yes I was right

Joysong's Avatar Miles

The Nobels have been called to arms. - Moros about 10 hours ago via web
    what is meant by this "Gaza camp?

Joysong's Avatar Miles

The gaza campaign.
    thx Seleukos_I. i was aware of that. i meant the quete of Moros. my sujection whas is it about the gaza campain. that this will be released in a few day's

Why should this have to do anything with the Gaza Campaign?

No, I don't think so. It's probably the next Boii preview

Huene's Avatar Aimless Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    The Nobels have been called to arms. - Moros about 10 hours ago via web
    i think this has something to do with nobel prize winners. IIRC they were an elite unit back in 272bc

Very nicely done. It seems like the Game is finally starting to come together from some of its separate parts. I understand there is a long way to go, but good to see that Wester Europe and Western Africa might be nearing completion!

Quote Originally Posted by Horatius Flaccus View Post
    Maybe, but you also have to understand the importance of a preview. It does not only keep us - the fans - excited, but the modders could also be inspired again by the positive reactions. And who knows, it could even bring in new talent that is drawn to he mod because of the preview.
    100% correct. Previews speed up development, not slow it down.
    οἵη περ φύλλων γενεὴ τοίη δὲ καὶ ἀνδρῶν.
    Even as are the generations of leaves, such are the lives of men.
    Glaucus, son of Hippolochus, Illiad, 6.146

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Hello guys! I'm new in EBII thread and just wondering if we have sth in campaign map. Have we?

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum