Thread: Pritanoi mercenary question

Master & Commander's Avatar Libertus

Default Pritanoi mercenary question

Hey yall, I've been playing as the Pritanoi in a couple small campaigns trying to get the hang of the faction and I have a question about how to get the mercenary trait to fire for my generals.

In three different playthroughs the Amossos trait only seems to work if I control Maidunon, Durowernon, and Pennocrugon. If I only control Maidunon or Maidunon and either Pennocrugon or Durowernon the trait will never fire. My generals will just sit in either Maidunon and Durowernon and instead of becoming mercenaries they go through Druid training instead. It doesn't matter if they are 18 or 29 they never seem to gain the Amossos trait unless I have all three settlements under my control. Then when I do whatever general I have under 30 will 100% gain the Amossos trait.

Is this how the trait is supposed to work or am I missing something/need to do something to get the trait to trigger if I dont own all three settlements?

Thanks yall

Default Re: Pritanoi mercenary question

It's possible that the Druid traitline activates first and prevents the Mercenary traitline from activating. You might want to check if those settlements have Schools buildings, which is a prerequisite for druidic training

Master & Commander's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Pritanoi mercenary question

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    It's possible that the Druid traitline activates first and prevents the Mercenary traitline from activating. You might want to check if those settlements have Schools buildings, which is a prerequisite for druidic training
    Thanks, I will give it another test and see if I just have Maidunon and dont build a school if the Amossos trait will activate. If it works, I will let you know.

Edit: Did 75 turns with only the Maidunon settlement and no school. Still the Amossos trait never activated, even though the generals had the "Eligible for mercenary service" trait. They just sat there the entire time.
    Last edited by Master & Commander; December 05, 2023 at 06:35 PM.