Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

That's Rome
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Another western steppe regional unit on the feeds.

Genava's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hlidskjalf View Post
    what contemporary info is there on armorica other than de bello gallico?
    There is few informations in "geography" of Strabo (book IV I think) and in "Natural History" of Pliny (book IV).

For the archeological documentation:
    In French:
    http://traezhhatevenn.blogspot.com/2...economies.html
    https://books.google.ch/books?id=W3G...page&q&f=false
    https://www.persee.fr/doc/galia_0016...u+fer+bretagne

French bibliography:
    http://kreizyarcheo.bzh/documentation
    https://www.persee.fr/doc/rao_0767-7...u+fer+bretagne
    Last edited by Genava; June 11, 2018 at 02:59 AM.
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Pontic and Bosporan campaign experience should be quite rejuvenating in 2.35.
    изишо је тад домаћин тмури
    и сву штенад потрпо у џак.

Quote Originally Posted by wermez View Post
    Pontic and Bosporan campaign experience should be quite rejuvenating in 2.35.
    Maybe... Maybe.. If you guys dug out the guy who escaped with precious Sarmato Cataphract unit models and teach him a lesson..lel

All the recruitment in that region has been rewritten as well - fewer Greeks are lying around without putting polis buildings in place.

will the "Khsai Baragatae" replace existing sauromatae units? and if thats the case, which are they going to replace?

what about the "Khsiraga Baragatae", "Alan Wazdatae" and "Roxolanii Riders" ?
    "See, when you carry the two over, it turns out you owe me another hundred florins."

will the "Khsai Baragatae" replace existing sauromatae units? and if thats the case, which are they going to replace?

I guess that depends on what you mean by replace--could you be more specific?

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAbacus View Post

Yes, they do. Most of the riders you've seen previewed replace the Aursans, who were widely used as placeholders, for lack of anything else that wasn't the basic Sauromatian Rider. Each of the western steppe provinces now has a fair bit of variety in the units they provide, besides the basic riders/archers.

The Alan Nobles replace the Sauromatian Nobles in Alantai Ubastra.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    I guess that depends on what you mean by replace--could you be more specific?
    Not sure if I need to more specific, since Quintus awnsered in the meantime, but if I was more specific...

so "Aursa Baragatae" going to replaced, check.

"Sauroma Wazdatae" remain unchanged? (hands down my favourite unit in EB II, incredible versaitle)

"Sauroma Bargatae" replaced yes or not?

I am sorry qunitus to repeat my question, you might feel you already have awnsered this question appropiatly
    "See, when you carry the two over, it turns out you owe me another hundred florins."

Not sure if I need to more specific, since Quintus awnsered in the meantime, but if I was more specific...

so "Aursa Baragatae" going to replaced, check.

"Sauroma Wazdatae" remain unchanged? (hands down my favourite unit in EB II, incredible versaitle)

"Sauroma Bargatae" replaced yes or not?

I am sorry qunitus to repeat my question, you might feel you already have awnsered this question appropiatly
    Aursans are replaced where they appeared widely everywhere except Aursatai Ubastra (since that's where they come from). They were filling the "medium cavalry" slot in several provinces, which are now filled by all those other riders we've recently previewed. The Sauromatian Riders still appear in all those places, they're the "light cavalry" unit for the western steppe. The Sauromatian Nobles still appear in all of them, except Alantai Ubastra, where they're replaced by the Alan Nobles.

thank you for your awnser. I hope 2.35 is gonna hit soon with all those wonderful new units

(I assume you get dozens of questions about releasedate and its probably something around the line "when its done" but I am really looking forward to it.

thank you for your awnser. I hope 2.35 is gonna hit soon with all those wonderful new units

(I assume you get dozens of questions about releasedate and its probably something around the line "when its done" but I am really looking forward to it.
    Not actual date,when its done.

Civis

I can't wait to chew through the changelog and meticulously go over every new feature in-game.

New unit on the feeds (yes, there are still more to come after this one).

oof was that new faction announced? i'm twitter-illiterate (twilliterate?)

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

OMG! Look at all these new units! Amazing. I love the new Thracian noble cavalry and Histro-Venetic cavalry. I've seen ancient frescoes of some Samnite warriors marching and fighting as Greco-Roman/Hellenistic heroic nudes, but was this really the case? In either case the new Lucanian-Brettian infantry look very interesting.

New unit on the feeds (not done yet).

Oh my. Amid the tidal wave of nomadic units, The Sabeans have more anti-arnor units. Assuming that these guys can be recruited in Maryab.

Are these semi-professionals or unruly warriors similar to the Bedouin Axemen?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    Oh my. Amid the tidal wave of nomadic units, The Sabeans have more anti-arnor units. Assuming that these guys can be recruited in Maryab.

Are these semi-professionals or unruly warriors similar to the Bedouin Axemen?
    Semi-professionals/warrior-grade shock troops.

They're not recruitable in Maryab, except via the Local Colony.