Page 252 of 252 FirstFirst ... 152202227242243244245246247248249250251252
Results 5,021 to 5,026 of 5026

Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

We forgot to show most of the shields used by the early Lusitanian elite infantry, so here they are:

The textures have been made by Mathieu. The patterns are based on the iconography we can find among the material culture that belong to two peoples that actively participated in the Lusitanian Wars: the Celtici and the Vettones. Only the golden pattern of the red shield would belong to the Lusitanians who inhabited to the north of the river Tagus. It seems that these last peoples, unlike the Lusitanians to the south of the river Tagus, the Vettones and the Celtici, played a secondary role during the Viriathus' War.

There is also an interesting shield with a wooden umbo. It would belong to a Vettonian warrior: while the pattern is clearly influenced by the Celtiberian pottery, the wooden umbo is a feature imported from the eastern Iberian world. Our warriors could have this unusual shield in the western lands due to mercenarism, exchange of gifts between aristocrats, etc.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?

I love the new Lusitani elite! They look totally awesome! I wasn't expecting them to look so...Hellenistic in terms of their armor and gear, but I'm pleasantly surprised nonetheless.

Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff

I'm a simple man, I see a Trarco post about history, I give him +1 rep

I must say that the late celtiberian youth unit is looking great!

Question 1: Has the broken shield hand wrist issue been fixed? I know it plagued the early version. I can't see if it fixed on the new screens.

Question 2: What kind of armor is this? What is it based on? Looks like hooped leather armor.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Question 3: The early version has a mail armor, the late version does not. Why is that so?

Suggestion 1: Maybe move the scabbards a little further out so there are no clipping issues when the soldiers are in combat stance? Or have the tunic fit closer to the body?

Suggestion 2: Polish up the vertical line in the upper part of the helmet. It's detracting the overall awesomeness of the unit.

Last edited by Rad; July 25, 2019 at 10:10 AM.
    I recommend a pugio rather than a spear, because in close quarters combat, a dagger will serve you better than a spear.

Rad, 2016.

Also, what is up with mixing thureos type shields witch caetras?

I could learn a lot from this unit
    I recommend a pugio rather than a spear, because in close quarters combat, a dagger will serve you better than a spear.

Rad, 2016.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?

Yeah, am I seeing that right as well? The late version should have chain mail, not the other way around. Right? No?

Also, the Iberians probably did use a mixture of Thureos and Caetratas shields among the same troops at their disposal. Old habits die hard, after all, and they weren't exactly into uniformity in the way that a Greek polis could sometimes impose it.

Overall I think they look great!