Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    I could swear i allready saw thorakitai with cuirasses
    No, only the officer model. The men all have mail and linothorakes.

EDIT: Apparently some of the factional skins do have a cuirass mixed in. Either way, the Epilektoi variant don't have any tube and yoke armour, just mail and cuirasses, so they're heavier.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; May 02, 2016 at 07:48 AM.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post

EDIT: Apparently some of the factional skins do have a cuirass mixed in. Either way, the Epilektoi variant don't have any tube and yoke armour, just mail and cuirasses, so they're heavier.
    lol i just made a screenshot of the seleukid thoras hahaha cool! Really excited even tho they are just placeholders.
    Love the new ligurians. Will be great to slay some romans with them

Here are some renders of two Entremont armours i made for this unit but of course we will use theme for other Celtic units too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19.jpg   14.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by nazgool View Post
    Here are some renders of two Entremont armours i made for this unit but of course we will use theme for other Celtic units too
    What are the squares around the first guy's neck? Some sort of extra textile protection?

+Rep
    Last edited by Rad; May 02, 2016 at 10:47 AM.

Leather shoulder protection. Based on this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EntremontReconstruction_zpsca9chgd6.png  

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Cool! Heavier is better.

Woah. Fantastic.

Nazgool, if someone asks you if you are a god, you say YES!!!

These are truly brilliant. I can't wait to fight against and use the new Ligurian units. It's about time the Ligurians were properly introduced!

Ohhh just remembering could you maybe show us the galatianized sword/spearmen? Kinda always wanted to know how they look

Leather shoulder protection. Based on this
    Aha. It looks like quilting with all those squares and rhomboids.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Aha. It looks like quilting with all those squares and rhomboids.
    Good to see someone else here is mathematically literate.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Good to see someone else here is mathematically literate.
    Geometry, where would we be without it, probably in a shapeless world. A world in which I don't want to live.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Primary school came through!
    I used to love math before puberty did a cataphract charge in the rear on me xD

Quote Originally Posted by Apollodotos I Soter View Post
    Geometry, where would we be without it, probably in a shapeless world. A world in which I don't want to live.
    Oh God! The horror! It would be like your entire world as painted by Picasso or something. Or worse! Just gaseous indistinguishable blobs of goo. At least Picasso drew some straight lines now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Primary school came through!
    I used to love math before puberty did a cataphract charge in the rear on me xD
    ...and that same puberty led you to do a cataphract charge right into a girl's rear shortly thereafter, I'm sure.

Apollo save my soul... Those tarantines look amazing. Will they only be recruitable in the area around taras or are they more readily availeble? Some historical documents describe tarantine cav fighting in armies far away from italy.

Apollo save my soul... Those tarantines look amazing. Will they only be recruitable in the area around taras or are they more readily availeble? Some historical documents describe tarantine cav fighting in armies far away from italy.
    Tarantine-style cavalry was certainly widely employed outside of Italy, but that refers in part to shielded cavalry that grew in importance in Hellenistic armies. That's what you get with Thureopherontes Hippeis and Lonchophoroi Hippeis.

This unit, however, is the real deal. Thus they are only recruitable in Taras, and can be hired as mercs in Megale Hellas (until the Marian Reform). In both instances, only in small numbers, though.

Tarantine-style cavalry was certainly widely employed outside of Italy, but that refers in part to shielded cavalry that grew in importance in Hellenistic armies. That's what you get with Thureopherontes Hippeis and Lonchophoroi Hippeis.

This unit, however, is the real deal. Thus they are only recruitable in Taras, and can be hired as mercs in Megale Hellas (until the Marian Reform). In both instances, only in small numbers, though.
    cool. Thought so. i tried to write something because i allready thougt it probably it means "fighting in the manner of tarantines" much like thorakitai are described as "fighting in the roman manner" but i didn't know how to put it in readable english hahaha

Apollo save my soul... Those tarantines look amazing.
    They do look freaking kickass don't they? There's just something about them i can't put my finger on. But it's there

Awesome! I love the new Tarantinoi cavalry! I'm so psyched about the next release, v. 2.2!!! It's going to look magnificent, with both new units and new ambient settlements on the battlemaps (including the wonders of the ancient world).

My god, gorgeous units. Theres not gonna be a day without new units? Its crazy hahaha, we expected mainly mechanics and theres gonna be as many new units as last time xD

Really hope the release is close. Need to play this new version so bad

We will either find a way, or make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post

Really hope the release is close. Need to play this new version so bad
    if waiting equals more units (gods please let agrianians be next on the twitter feed pleasaase xD) id be ready to wait a few months more xD
    Last edited by alex33; May 03, 2016 at 05:20 AM.

well if i end up my curent campaign with makedon, not sure who should i play(considering special faction bugs). But i still have getai to destroy and i payed Lougiones for this purpose and who knows maybe situations will be very interesting thanks to my nonlimited cash im feeling like ancient NWO : current payed wars(and i have to admit that i have to thank devs they created AI uncapable make ceasefire my money doesnt loose value ) are Saba-Nabataea, Haysdan- Baktria, Lougiones- Getai(coming soon) and i have to somehow get diplomat to Pritonoi make war between sweboz. and implement maybe Aureakoi vs Averni.
    Last edited by Maroslav; May 03, 2016 at 05:25 AM.