Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

What served as the model for the axes?
    Double bitted axes did exist as weapons - always curious to find more places where they were used.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyathon View Post
    I can't wait to chew through the changelog and meticulously go over every new feature in-game.
    There's going to be a lot to chew on - the changelog is currently at 300 rows!
    EBII Council

row, row, row your boat!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Wow really impressive work! Kudos to all the team.

May i ask what is the difference between the roxolani and the current sarmatian nobles? As in stats or training, are they equivalent? Just curious how these regionals compare to the default sauroma wazdate, if they are more specialized or generic in certain roles, cheaper, etc.

Finally, is there any half-cataphract or late empire auxilia inspired (ex. heavy armour) sarmatian unit planned?

May i ask what is the difference between the roxolani and the current sarmatian nobles? As in stats or training, are they equivalent? Just curious how these regionals compare to the default sauroma wazdate, if they are more specialized or generic in certain roles, cheaper, etc.

Finally, is there any half-cataphract or late empire auxilia inspired (ex. heavy armour) sarmatian unit planned?
    1. The Roxolani riders aren't nobles so they aren't as well armored as the "vanilla" sarmatian nobles. They do have a specialized role, namely that of charging and melee, and they often fought in the vanguard for the Sauromatae. Their armor mostly seems to consist of bone/horn/hoof(in other words, my favorite type of armor) and leather.

2. Yes, I do believe there is some sort of heavier Sarmatian unit planned.

These regionals you've seen are (apart from the Alan Wazdatae) all medium cavalry, where the nobles are heavy.

Icon7 Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

thank you very much!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I'm glad to see we are getting more Ethiopian units. Did they field any cavalry historically? Before the Kingdom of Aksum (i.e. c. 1st century AD) that is. Obviously they had cavalry by the Zagwe and Solomonic periods, given the numerous depictions in art. Did the ancient Dm't Kingdom of Ethiopia and Eritrea have cavalry?

Last update, which has some ironic timing given the previous question.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; June 12, 2018 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    There's going to be a lot to chew on - the changelog is currently at 300 rows!
    (carefully excited) sounds like 2.35 is gonna knock on our door soon
    "See, when you carry the two over, it turns out you owe me another hundred florins."

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAbacus View Post
    (carefully excited) sounds like 2.35 is gonna knock on our door soon
    Are you sure?sure?sure?

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    Are you sure?sure?sure?
    of course not
    "See, when you carry the two over, it turns out you owe me another hundred florins."

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Last update, which has some ironic timing given the previous question.
    Unbelievable! Thanks and kudos to the EB II team. You're just giving me all the Christmas presents I ever wanted, Quintus & Co (Paullus, Wermez, Arjos). This is definitely the heaviest Ethiopian/Kushite unit I've seen yet. They've got bronze helmets and what appears to be...iron scale mail? Or is that coat of plates? I can't tell. It looks kinda cool. The addition of the Egyptian cap for some is a nice touch, considering how Egyptianized the Kingdom of Kush was in ancient Sudan, which presumably extended to clothing items in many cases.

The Ethiopian roster isn't quite finished yet.

Medium swordsmen?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    what appears to be...iron scale mail? Or is that coat of plates? I can't tell.
    Yeah, what is that?

Croco skin armor

изишо је тад домаћин тмури
    и сву штенад потрпо у џак.

Quote Originally Posted by wermez View Post
    Croco skin armor
    Seriously, though? I hope not. I know leather armor was a thing, but I don't think anyone went around wearing crocodile skin outfits.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, when faced with the Ethiopian cavalry: "you're luggage."

I am excited for all the new units!

Best part of the mod for me has been by far, how detailed the units are, instead of "generic spearmen" i actually learn who these people were a little. With all the province descriptions to make it ICING on the cake. Truly wish we had some more "hunting" / levy or peasant units. The Lusotan, and aurenoi, i love how their "peasants" are just lower classed men living regular lives. I LOVE seeing this. i hope we can get something like this for ever faction (which to be fair there already is)

The Ethiopian cavalry armor is probably quilted cotton or bronze scales(attested in reliefs/nubian carvings depicting gods and kings AFAIK).